Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Water intake

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fizzy, 8 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I get the odd day when im at work that I don't manage to make time or forget to drink my water.

So, I know you shouldn't have all your water at once, but is it better to drink less or to drink a days water between 5pm - 10pm?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Whether it's safe to drink less depends on how much you are drinking. Less that 2.25L, wouldn't be a good idea.

Drinking 2.25L between 5-10 should be fine, but why don't you try and get into the swing of having a drink just before each shake, or maybe keeping a bottle beside your bed and have a drink just before you get up?

4. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

When Im at home im ok, I have bottles of water all around the house but its at work that I struggle. Today I had 1pt of water and nothing to eat.

I drink 2.5 litres a day.

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I know I used to find it was easier at home, but found a way to get into a routine with drink and shakes at work.

So what stops you eating at work?

6. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

Nothing inparticular, have just never stopped for a lunch break so im not in the habit of stopping.

Im going to get a couple of bottles to keep on my desk.

Just have read about that man dying from drinking too much and started to worry.

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    That's a good idea. It really is very rare to die from too much water, and even more unlikely on 2.25L

You'll soon get into a routine :)

8. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Each evening I fill up 2x2 litre bottles from the tap and put them in my fridge. before I go to bed I decant some into a 750ml 'sports' bottle which I keep next to my bed. I try to drink most of that before I even get up. I then refill my sports bottle from the bigger one to take to work, and take the remains of the big one with me too. So I manage to consume 2 litres bhy the time I finish work, which is 2pm. I then come home and start on my second bottle.
    I find this little routine is working quite well for me, I am managing my 4 litres plus shake fluid too. I do try not to drink too much late evening as I need to wee in the night if I have too much, and find it hard to get back to sleep if I wake up.

9. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I wish I could drink 4 litres. Aren't you in the loo all day?

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    You don't have to though. Just the 2.25L. Don't pressurize yourself to drink more.

11. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Surprisingly not as often as I thought I would be! I think because I spread my water intake out and don't have a 'binge' on it my bladder is managing to cope admirably.

As pp said though, they officially only say 2.2 litres, but my CDC said 4 was a good amount to aim for.

12. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I find it so easy to drink about 4 litres a day, although its taken my body about 2-3 weeks to get used to it and i've slowly increased how much i drink. But i aim for about 3 litres minimum and if i drink extra then thats a bonus.

I think the best thing to do when drinking water at work is to keep one of them sports bottles with you all the time and remind yourself to take a sip every 15 mins or so or whenever you get hungry/thirsty. If your job involves sittin at a desk, you could set yourself little reminders on your computer that pop up to remind you to drink.

xx

13. Sunnysmile

Sunnysmile Laserbeams set on goal

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I do that too! And I have one bottle of plain water and one bottle mixed with Summer berries. Yum! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.