Water intake

Fizzy

Silver Member
I get the odd day when im at work that I don't manage to make time or forget to drink my water.

So, I know you shouldn't have all your water at once, but is it better to drink less or to drink a days water between 5pm - 10pm?

I get the odd day when im at work that I don't manage to make time or forget to drink my water.

So, I know you shouldn't have all your water at once, but is it better to drink less or to drink a days water between 5pm - 10pm?

Whether it's safe to drink less depends on how much you are drinking. Less that 2.25L, wouldn't be a good idea.

Drinking 2.25L between 5-10 should be fine, but why don't you try and get into the swing of having a drink just before each shake, or maybe keeping a bottle beside your bed and have a drink just before you get up?

When Im at home im ok, I have bottles of water all around the house but its at work that I struggle. Today I had 1pt of water and nothing to eat.

I drink 2.5 litres a day.

When Im at home im ok, I have bottles of water all around the house but its at work that I struggle. Today I had 1pt of water and nothing to eat.

I drink 2.5 litres a day.

I know I used to find it was easier at home, but found a way to get into a routine with drink and shakes at work.

So what stops you eating at work?

Nothing inparticular, have just never stopped for a lunch break so im not in the habit of stopping.

Im going to get a couple of bottles to keep on my desk.

Just have read about that man dying from drinking too much and started to worry.

Im going to get a couple of bottles to keep on my desk.

That's a good idea. It really is very rare to die from too much water, and even more unlikely on 2.25L

You'll soon get into a routine :)

Each evening I fill up 2x2 litre bottles from the tap and put them in my fridge. before I go to bed I decant some into a 750ml 'sports' bottle which I keep next to my bed. I try to drink most of that before I even get up. I then refill my sports bottle from the bigger one to take to work, and take the remains of the big one with me too. So I manage to consume 2 litres bhy the time I finish work, which is 2pm. I then come home and start on my second bottle.
I find this little routine is working quite well for me, I am managing my 4 litres plus shake fluid too. I do try not to drink too much late evening as I need to wee in the night if I have too much, and find it hard to get back to sleep if I wake up.

I wish I could drink 4 litres. Aren't you in the loo all day?

I wish I could drink 4 litres. Aren't you in the loo all day?

Surprisingly not as often as I thought I would be! I think because I spread my water intake out and don't have a 'binge' on it my bladder is managing to cope admirably.

As pp said though, they officially only say 2.2 litres, but my CDC said 4 was a good amount to aim for.

I find it so easy to drink about 4 litres a day, although its taken my body about 2-3 weeks to get used to it and i've slowly increased how much i drink. But i aim for about 3 litres minimum and if i drink extra then thats a bonus.

I think the best thing to do when drinking water at work is to keep one of them sports bottles with you all the time and remind yourself to take a sip every 15 mins or so or whenever you get hungry/thirsty. If your job involves sittin at a desk, you could set yourself little reminders on your computer that pop up to remind you to drink.

xx

Each evening I fill up 2x2 litre bottles from the tap and put them in my fridge. before I go to bed I decant some into a 750ml 'sports' bottle which I keep next to my bed. I try to drink most of that before I even get up. I then refill my sports bottle from the bigger one to take to work, and take the remains of the big one with me too. So I manage to consume 2 litres bhy the time I finish work, which is 2pm. I then come home and start on my second bottle.
I find this little routine is working quite well for me, I am managing my 4 litres plus shake fluid too. I do try not to drink too much late evening as I need to wee in the night if I have too much, and find it hard to get back to sleep if I wake up.

I do that too! And I have one bottle of plain water and one bottle mixed with Summer berries. Yum! xx

Back