WATER INTOXICATION???

<3.

Im really worried about this as ive been hearing a lot about it, I cant drink all day long as im at work and its not very practical as i need the toilet every 20 mins or so..work doesnt allow that many breaks! so i tend to drink a litre or so before i go..and then i try and drink around 3 litres when i get back, which is usually over a space of around 4 hours...is this safe?? Does anyone drink 3+ litres? i really want to drink loads but im scared :sigh:

First of all...

You don't need to drink that much. 2.25 litres (or 4 pints) is all you need.

Secondly, your bladder will get used to having more water in it. Honestly. Just because you get the urge to pee, it doesn't mean you have to act on it - and it's probably better if you don't. Your bladder will get better at holding it - the muscles will get stronger. I'm not talking about holding on for hours and hours, but you should be able to hold on for a couple of hours.

I don't think you'd get water intoxication from drinking 3 litres in four hours - but as I already said, you don't need to drink that much!

It is better to sip at water through the day though, if you can.

you're thinking of those people that have died due to drinking too much water. they drank so much more than 3lts in a very short space of time that their body couldn't cope as it watered down their vits, mins and more importantly electrolytes.

just concentrating on drinking a 2lt minimum per day.

Back