Water - random question

munchie11

Hi all

I know you're meant to drink loads of water, but its sooooo boring.

So your two litres of water is excluding fizzy drinks, tea and coffee.

Does squash count towards the water requirements??
If you're not meant to drink fizzy juice can you drink sparkling water??

I'm trying yo do the 2 litres this week.

Hi all

I know you're meant to drink loads of water, but its sooooo boring.

So your two litres of water is excluding fizzy drinks, tea and coffee.

Does squash count towards the water requirements??
If you're not meant to drink fizzy juice can you drink sparkling water??

I'm trying yo do the 2 litres this week.

Squash is fine as long as it's no added sugar.

On the fizzy water front when I had a convo with my doc friend about it he said it doesn't count because 1 litre of fizzy water isn't equivalent to 1 litre of water he also said the stuff added to the water to make it fizzy and flavoursome usually means the water doesn't have the affect it should BUT saying that my friend reckons her GP said fizzy water is ok as long as she aims for 4 litres instead of 2 (but I don't know if that is the case)

Squash - definite yes
Fizzy water - depends on who you ask! :)

Hi.

I know you have already been answered but I am in the same boat with finding water a chore... Squash is the future! I drink gallons of the stuff, I love Robinsons NAS orange and mango, or orange and pineapple, but, do you find the double concentrate stuff tastes different and weird?

Hi.

I know you have already been answered but I am in the same boat with finding water a chore... Squash is the future! I drink gallons of the stuff, I love Robinsons NAS orange and mango, or orange and pineapple, but, do you find the double concentrate stuff tastes different and weird?

I can't cope with double concentrate, I'm bad enough at making squash normally the double concentrate stuff I may as well drink straight the strength I make it. Haha.

I can't drink water on its own, it's revolting. I guess it depends where you live, althouygh I dotn find bottled water much better. I drink loads of coffee, cordial, diet coke, diet cream soda... I know its not ideal but it's better then dehydrating or eating because I think Im hungry when Im not really.

Squash is fine as long as it's no added sugar.

On the fizzy water front when I had a convo with my doc friend about it he said it doesn't count because 1 litre of fizzy water isn't equivalent to 1 litre of water he also said the stuff added to the water to make it fizzy and flavoursome usually means the water doesn't have the affect it should BUT saying that my friend reckons her GP said fizzy water is ok as long as she aims for 4 litres instead of 2 (but I don't know if that is the case)

Squash - definite yes
Fizzy water - depends on who you ask! :)

When i say sparkling water - i mean plain sparkling water not the flavoured stuff. does that make a difference??

i don't use the double concetrated, i just buy either Robinson NAS Apple and Blackcurrant or Summer Fruits.

theres a bottle of sparkling mineral water in the fridge at work and its just to know whether its work drinking or to drink tap water.

I love the double concentrated stuffs... the weeny bottles are sooo darn cute! I'm into NAS Vimto at the moment. Yums.
I can't drink water on its own unless its super super cold.

I think as long as you keep drinking it doesn't really matter what you're drinking. I tend to limit myself to one can of fizzy a day though.

xx

I hate water with a passion, it's so boring!

I dont drink tea or coffee either so I just drinks loads of NAS juice - they do so many different versions now I never get bored.

I also drink low cal still & fizzy flavoured water and I love Diet Cherry Coke.

I don't have access to the SW website at the moment, but from memory the official advice is to have a certain amount of fluids. It does not have to be plain water.

Plain fizzy water has carbon dioxide in it. Some mineral waters are naturally fizzy (that's the way they come out of the ground), most have it added.

I can't see why it would be necessary to drink twice as much fizzy water - and four litres is a ridiculous amount. Not to mention extremely expensive!

The reference there was to drinking the 'Government' guidelines of 2 litres of water - I agree the 4 litres of fizzy water is ridiculous which is what I said to my friend when she said that it's what her GP says.

As far as the medical advice to drink 2 litres of water a day it refers to water and squash (and the debate on fizzy water) tea and coffee aren't included in this as it contains caffeine and as that is a diaretic it can cause your body to store water. With fizzy water if it's naturally fizzy I think it's different but carbonated water is slightly different on account of the carbonation process, a litre is not actually a full litre. I am by no means a medical expert but I am merely passing on the advice given to me by my GP and a friend of mine who is a doctor. I think it may the usual situation of never ACTUALLY being 100% sure and conflicting information coming out all the time.

Water and drinks - Live Well - NHS Choices

Check this site, it has a bit more comprehensive advice and seems to say that any fluid is ok apart from tea and coffee due to the caffeine (although is not really clear on the reasons for this) but to be careful of drinks that are high in sugar as they cause problems in themselves (not to mention syns, haha).

There was a nutritionist on TV who said all fluid counts, tea coffee et al. I believe some mineral waters have a high sodium content which is why it's best not to drink too much of as it affects your electrolyte balance. As for the diuretic effects of tea and coffee, well all fluid gets passed any way and if it were that strong doctors would prescribe it for oedema!

Well I've drank 2litres of water wed, thurs, fri but today I ha e aching sides you know the pains you sometimes get after a lot of drink. Has anyone else experienced this when you have increased your water intake x

In that case I would take it easy on the water. Drink when you are thirsty, dont force water down yourself for the sake of it. It sounds like your kidneys are not too happy. Any other symptoms?

I've tried to up my water intake by adding squash to it. I take the same bottle to work and now instead of coming home with it still half full it's gone halfway through my shift.

Believe it or not (after all the posts above) I love water... I've even cut down on my coffee intake and replaced it for, wait for it, hot water... I now find I have less bloated feeling as hot water is for adults as warm water is for colic babies and aids digestion... So if it's cold and I don't feel like drinking cold water, I opt for hot as my beverage... 2 litres? now not a problem!

I'm new to this site and still finding my way around... I've been on lots of different diets and am now on Exante, which I've been on for a week... weighed myself this morning and have lost 6 pounds... Yayyy! Loving the site and all the comments. Good luck to everyone! x

Well after struggling with the increased water last week there is no significant weight lose, so I'm just going to go back to my normal drinking routine. Maybe my body just retains water :(

Back