• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Water Water everywhere!

Hello fellow Lighterlifers. I started the diet last week and I am now on day 8. I have lost 7.5 lbs which is excellent! I am delighted to say that I have never felt hungry - empty, definitely, but never hungry. My problem is drinking 5 L of water. I just can't do it. :eek: The type of job I have doesn't allow me to sip continuously and I often find I have gone through the morning without a drink. When it comes to the evening I daren't drink too much because I will be up all night going to the loo! :eek: How is everyone else coping??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Professor

Guess whos back...
S: 21st12lb C: 20st12lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 53.4 Loss: 1st0lb(4.58%)
I have days where i find the water easy, and some harder. I have only managed the 4litres today for example, but yesterday i know i got about 6litres down ok.

Really depends on how my work and evening go's. At work i tend to use a 500ml bottle and keep refilling it and keeping count. And when i get home i have a 2litre jug on the desk and get it down in front of the tv or pc glass by glass.

PS: A good tip Mike has mentioned before and already i can agree with is to drink water at room temperature and not cold/fridge water, as drinking cold water is so much harder in volume.

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
Hi Anji,

I am quite lucky in that I can sip all day but what I do is boil the kettle and just drink down from there as the water is cooling (I add water flavourings), it seems to go down better with me warm.

I also always have a litre bottle in the car, when I go on the school run, etc. That is a really great way of downing a litre, it just seems to go.

Some people swear by routine - ie, 2 litres by 12 noon, a further two by 4.30 and then a litre or so in the evenings.

I just sip consistently throughout the day - it saves on toilet trips as well as I'm not flooding my kidneys all at once!

Do try to drink as much as you can, it really is the key to a great loss.

I would say that the best way for most people is to have half a litre every hour on the hour - the water wheel theory.

Personally, I don't mind having to get up in the night for a little wee as it proved to me that my body was getting rid of the fat while I slept - result!!! lol

And your body does get used to the extra fluid, so you'll find that after a while, you don't have to go to the loo quite so often.

Well done on your loss so far!! Keep up the good work!!

CAROLYNE42XX

Failure is not an Option
Hi there. Try buying the smaller 50cl bottles as you can drink one of them in a go and is achieveable. And also don't have them in the fridge it is harder to swallow than room temperature.

I drink plain water throughout the day and then I put some water favouring (fruits of the forrest) in a few bottles for nighttime whilst watching TV.

hI i TOO FIND THE WATER HARD BUT WANT TO DO 5-6 LITRES TODAY AS i HAVE A BAD HEADACHE.
At my meeting(LL) last night there was a new lady and I had to go to the loo 3 times in the 2 hours she said out loud ''GOD YOU DO GO TO THE TOILET ALOT DONT YOU!:eek:
I felt so embrassed so next week Im NOT GOING TO drink so much before I go.I think she was strange she said she prefers Animals to people as she find nearly all of the people she has met irratating :eek:
So IM LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE OF HER COMMENTS!~NOT!
XXC