water water everywhere....!!

Jambro

I have just converted my water intake from ml to pints and discovered I am drinking about 9 pints of water a day!!

Crikey! when I told my OH he just shrugged and said "I can drink that in beer in a couple of hours"!!

No wonder I'm on the loo every 15mins!!
And I thought we were going through alot of loo roll!!! x
The joys of CD!

I think its roughly 4 1/2 litres don't quote me though!!
I drink 6 750ml bottles of water a day.

4.5ltrs is 8 pints :)

I dunno how you all do it! Im having 4 pints and thats it - but i have few cups of tea too - i used to drink loads of water! just cant anymore!

I'm aiming to drink 1.5 litres for every shake i have - althoughh this being the first ss day in a VERY long time I've managed 3 glasses and am feeling quite bloated already! lol

BECAREFUL!! the suggested about is 2 LITRES a day while on CD if you didnt drink much water before cd then please slow down it is not all about how much water you can drink......to much water can infact be bad for you. if you drank this amount of water before starting cd you should be fine if not please limit yourself to 4 pints a day ish as to much water consumption to quickly can in fact cause death.

Just looked at the packet instructions on my shake and it says 'at least' 2 1/4 litres a day doesn't say anything about a maximium amount??
I'm not medically trained so I don't know,
but drinking gradually throughout the day is ok isn't it?
Isn't when you consume large amounts of water in one go that it is dangerous?
Like I said, I'm not medically trained.....

From what i've been told (this is only what i've been told though) its when you drink a LOT of water all in one go that problems occur - & if you drink over 8 litres of water a day it can start diluting your natural body salts which is dangerous.

i was told by a friend who is a nurse that large amounts of water is fine IF your body is used to drinking this amount already...and it needs to be drank slowly and spread out
but if like me your not used to drinking water (i hate it lol!) you increase it slowly but even then you shouldnt drink more than 8 pints a day (4 litres)
the only reason you should need that amount of water is if you are exercising alot and sweating out your water, else you start to dilute your bodily salts (as other poster says it can be dangerous)

i heard something similar about drowning cells - which is what happens when people on ecstasy die- they drink too much water!

Back