Water,Water, Water!!!

I have heard that you can drink too much? Something to do with flushing to much salt out of your system?? Could this be true??

Going to grab a glass now - thanks for the reminder! Oh and I like mine with a drop of ribena to mix it up!
:)

This article has really made me think. I do like water but in my old job as a courier the deliveries were all timed, not having easy access to a toilet I'd really cut back on not just water but all drinks. I changed jobs 4 months ago so this is something to definitely work on!

I usually when i remember down a glass of water quick lol i definately dont drink enough wayer if at all it usually just coffee and the odd squash, i have all the synptoms of dehydration reguarly so now ive read this think im goung to make more of an effort to drink water eek! Lol gonna be tough reminding myself as i really dont like the taste but will try it out this week and see how it goes :)

Thanks for this post :) very imgotmative and encouraging xx

Water is life, it plays an important role in our weight loss journey. Drinking water within meal can help us to eat less.

Just read this article!..I absolutely cant stand water but it answered some of my questions about energy levels as i find i cant carry on the day without falling asleep somewhere in the afternoon, and my joints are pretty shot!..But starting tonight i will try and introduce a little water :)

It's a very great tips, thank you ;)

Water also help to keep the joints and muscles lubricated which is necessary to burn calories and help reduce stiffness of the joints and muscles after exercise.

Thanks, knew it was good to drink it but didnt think it helped this much. Glad I read it :) x

Cold water, as in from a referigerator, or with some ice thrown in, is refreshing and even my gym sells 1.5 litre bottles of water that is very, very cold.

There is however conflicting information regarding thie, i.e. is cold water "bad"?

I have read that from Indian Ayurvedic theories that very cold water fools the body into thinking that it is in a cold climate and triggers it to store fat. This is also consistent with Korean and Chinese traditional medicine theories.

The flip side is that, many believe that the coldness stimulates the body to burn fat to generate heat for survival.

So, if the scientists can't agree, what chances do we have???

My own believe is that the body detects the coldness and BOTH reactions are triggered. How cold water works on the body is down to our genes and how it works for one person may not be the same for another.

For me personally I have water a room temperature from the Britta jug, because I know that my body is very good at hoarding fat.... So even if there is a momentary increase in fat burn from the coldness of the water, knowing my luck I'll have an extended duration where my body will "stock up" on fat because it thinks that I have gone to Siberia (or something). But then that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

That's interesting.. I never heard that before. I will be having my water at room temp in future.

I can only drink very very cold water. Anything else makes me want to throw it up. Even if it was scientifically proven that colder water = stores fat, I would still drink cold water well because, you'll have fat in you regardless haha

There's no excuse. I need to drink more water. I had 1liter on Sunday, and the next day I'd put on weight! Need to drink water just to lose that extra weight!

The good news:

Water makes your metabolism burn calories 3% faster.

One glass of water before going to bed will stop hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters.

Drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly reduce back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A drop of 2% in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory and reduce your ability to focus and can trigger daytime fatigue.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, the risk of breast cancer by 79% and a person is less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Drinking 8 glasses of water each day as you see has so many advantages we should all make more of an effort to do so.

By the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated.

60-70% of your body is composed of water and water has an extensive range of functions essential to life and your well-being.

Water assists with digestion, absorption and assimilation of food. If you don't drink enough water you can't get the full benefit of nutrients in the food you eat.

Assists excretion of waste from bowel and kidneys. If you don't drink enough water you get constipated and put your kidneys under stress.

Regulates body temperature. If you don't drink enough water you compromise the evaporation process your skin uses to keep you cool.

Your blood is 92% water. This is your body's transport system that distributes nutrients around your body.

In some people their brain does not differentiate between hunger and thirst and therefore they eat, when in fact they were simply just thirsty.

Try drinking a full glass of water first and see if in fact it you are just thirsty and wait for ten to fifteen minutes to see if you still feel hungry.

If you drink your water too fast it will simply pass through you and be of little benefit to your body. Your aim is to drink water consistently through the day.

The hardest thing most of us find when starting a diet plan is to increase our intake of water, yet it has been shown that those who do drink an appropriate amount of water have better weight loss results.

Some of the most obvious signs of drinking water is better skin, improved muscles, increased energy and constipation and headaches are reduced along with hunger pangs.

When you don't drink enough water your body will go into protect mode and store water, it is a built in survival mechanism to store up the essential nutrients in short supply, just in case they are not available in the future.
So remember if your are not drinking enough water you are conditioning your body to store up water. This then shows up on you in unnecessary inches and weight in the form of water retention...

Ways to check is you are getting enough water...stick out your tongue and if it is furry and bad breath can be a sign that you have not enough water passing through your mouth to keep it fresh by washing away food particles and bacteria that can build up and give you that furry tongue feeling.

You may not pee very much and the colour will be dark, without a fresh supply of water passing through your kidneys to filter waste products out of your blood.

Constipation can happen due to lack of water as the body will divert water where it is most need by other parts of your body, leaving you with harder stools to expel:( :eek:

Headache, concentration, fatigue and lack of energy can be all due to lack of water as toxins build up in the system as the body struggles to get rid of them.

I find the skin test a quick way to see if I am needing to drink more water and that is to pinch the skin on the back of my hand and it should snap back instantly if I have been drinking enough water...my skin should feel elastic.

Water one of the best beauty aids...
Wow. This post is making me get a glass of water from the kitchen!

Back