water water water!!!!!!!

monique's memoirs

ok so ive up't my water as i was not drinking enough im on my third bottle of 75cl and i feel very full today but i cant sip i have t have a good drink every 5 -10 mins my belly feels like its swimming lol and i really cant stop weeing no wonder we lose so much everyweek with all the running to loo we do lol so i really hope the water helps me lose more this tuesday not that im moaning about my loss cause thats fab im pleased with it so far :D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as too much water???

YES! alot of people don't know about it, but drinking excessive amounts of water can cause "headache, collapse, confusion, memory loss, vomiting, seizures, and even death from fluid accumulation in the lungs or brain: all from dilution of the salt in the blood resulting from excess water intake during exercise"!
the OP and anyone else who is needs information on this should read the article from medicalnewstoday.com which i will link below

Is there such a thing as too much water???

YES! alot of people don't know about it, but drinking excessive amounts of water can cause "headache, collapse, confusion, memory loss, vomiting, seizures, and even death from fluid accumulation in the lungs or brain: all from dilution of the salt in the blood resulting from excess water intake during exercise"!
BUT- this is usually caused by drinking a vast amount of water in a short space of time. I've read that the human body can deal with up to 12 litres of water during the course of a day if it's drank gradually. Now I'm not recommending anyone does this, but water will not 'harm' you if taken in reasonable amounts spread out throughout the day?

The body is remarkably efficient at removing excess water, but still taking in too much water can upset the chemical balance and dilutes the sodium and potassium levels.

Also too much will overload the kidneys.

There is no proof that too much water gives bigger losses. It's a myth. It is important to have what the diet states though as ketogenic diets tend to be dehydrating, but please don't go overboard. There's just no need.

Your body will tell you what it wants. Make sure you are drinking at least the recommended amount, then if you are thirsty or just fancy a drink, have another, but please don't take risks by over drinking on the hopes that it will give a bigger loss.

3 x 75cl bottles is still less than recommended on LT so keep guzzling Monique ;)

3 x 75cl bottles is still less than recommended on LT so keep guzzling Monique ;)

Though Monique does say she's on her 3rd 750cl, not 75cl, which would be coming up for 7.5L I think.

Not that I was replying in my previous message to Monique, just mentioning to anyone about the myth of The More You Drink the More you Shrink, as some people still aren't aware that it isn't true and can be dangerous to drink too much.

3x750cl= 2.25lts :)

3x750cl= 2.25lts :)

Guess you had a different maths teacher to mine :D

It's a long time since I did my A level maths, but I'm pretty sure that 100 centilitres = 1L, even during this credit crunch :D

I assume monique meant 75cl, which would make more sense, but 3 X 750cl was 22.5L in my day :D

Guess you had a different maths teacher to mine :D

It's a long time since I did my A level maths, but I'm pretty sure that 100 centilitres = 1L, even during this credit crunch :D

I assume monique meant 75cl, which would make more sense, but 3 X 750cl

was 22.5L in my day :D

Profuse apologies - I saw cls & typed cls but thought mls ..... :confused:

***hangs head in embarrassed shame***

MY maths teacher didn't teach us anything about metric - I'm too old! :(

I'll Butt out now ... :wave_cry:

Profuse apologies - I saw cls & typed cls but thought mls ..... :confused:

***hangs head in embarrassed shame***

MY maths teacher didn't teach us anything about metric - I'm too old! :(

I'll Butt out now ... :wave_cry:

LOL. I did metric (I'm 53), but head likes to work in 'real' measurements :D Can't be doing with KG, or metres, but can just about cope with Litres :D

I read Moniques post as ml too, doh! (Just thought that would make far more sense......)

LOL. I did metric (I'm 53), but head likes to work in 'real' measurements :D Can't be doing with KG, or metres, but can just about cope with Litres :D

I'm 53 too ... :confused: Maybe it's because you were smart enough for A level :rolleyes:

Thought I could just about cope with litres tho' DUR!!:cry:

I read Moniques post as ml too, doh! (Just thought that would make far more sense......)

OOOOO that makes me feel better!! No fun being dumb on your own .... no offence! :eek:

Have to say you have all made me laugh tonight with this one. Thanks!

Leanbean

I'm 53 too ... :confused: Maybe it's because you were smart enough for A level :rolleyes:

Okay, admit, did that at evening classes. Left school with a CSE after being chucked out of the maths class aged 14 :eek:

Was such a rebel :copon:

lol i meant 75cl lol didnt mean to cause a debate over water lol nooooo could not drink more than 3 1/2 i jus could not do it i struggle now sorry for confusion but most of you knew what i was on about xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back