Water??

SARAHP

Silver Member
1 of the trainers at the gym was telling my friend the other day that you should not gulp water just sip as if its gulped down it just goes straight through the body!! Anyone any words of wisdom on this as I always gulp mine as I have a big bottle in the fridge and just keep going to it and getting as much down as quick as possible. Its harder to have a small bottle and sip as I dont like water unless its really cold!!

Personally I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference. I also gulp down the water, if I was to sip it throughout the day there is no way I'd get 4ltrs down. I'm sure I read that you shouldn't drink more than 1 ltr at a time though, but I could be wrong.

I must admit my LLC always told me to sip continually throughout the day. CD don't seem to offer any advice unless I am missing it. I do a mixture of both, especially on days where I don't feel you will get through the water unless I really go for it, and I have always been happy with my weight loss

Water

No idea on the gulp /sip. I do both but gulping makes me burp!

I also drink water at room tempertaure as that is supposed to be better, and I find I can drink more water if its hot. The thought of all that water a day scared me as I am not a huge drinker (Yay been retaining 20st of water hahaha) but I have 2 x 1L bottles and its a 'mental' thing and more manageable for me.

TT x

Hi Sarah!

I gulp my water down too...surely it all goes through the same way....either sipping or gulping?!?!

I have notcied when I gulp 6 litres a day instead of 4 I have a better loss that week...so gulping works for me!!

Back