Water

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by cteena48, 2 October 2011 Social URL.

1. cteena48

cteena48 Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ok, heres the thing. How does drinking water help you lose weight?

Until now, I have drank Coffee and Diet Coke. Dont get me wrong, although I am still losing weight I question if I would lose more with drinking water.

What do you guys think?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    The fluids - water, coffee, diet coke, tea, etc - keep you healthy while you lose weight. They help your kidneys deal with the high level of protein, they help your digestive track deal with the change in the material passing through you, to ease constipation. They counteract the diuretic effect of protein and prevent dehydration and all the dangers that implies.

It doesn't have to be water - but water is free, and safe, and easily available, even when you can't get your hands on tea of coffee, so it by far the best choice for most people to top up the intake to 2 litres a day.

4. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Like the good Dr says....a housewife wouldn't wash her dishes and not rinse. Its a rinse effect getting rid of all the excess. Plus water makes your toilet habits easier on protein filled diets.

5. Lindasjb

Lindasjb Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(10.32%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    When I first started cruise I didn't really drink that much water but LOADS of diet coke, and I've found that I feel better and healthier when I've started drinking more water. Also coffee can be v dehydrating! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.