Water.

One of the most annoying aspects of the Exante diet - other than the dry mouth, the hunger pains, the dodgy stomach on day 4, the continuous desire for food, the no alcohol, the having no life and handing over £105 a month for a series of products which, in all honesty, probably cost around £2.75 to produce - is...Wait for it...Here it comes...Hold...The water part.

2-3 litres of water a day is a lot. Isn't it? I mean, it isn't if, say, you went and filled a bathtub with the stuff or if, say, it were beer or wine, but, water isn't beer or wine and it doesn't taste particularly great and I find it annoying to keep having to knock back this bland fluid when I'm not in the slightest bit thirsty. I'm also peeing all the time. I went to the cinema last night to see 'Shame.' I had to leave twice during the film - a most frustrating experience. One 'visit' was during one of the film's more 'explicit' erotic moments, and I think the persons behind me thought I was leaving for a whole other reason. The desire to pee on this diet is more urgent than a normal 'need,' too. Does anyone know what I'm on about? It's a real 'sorry, this one can't be held in!' type and I don't much care for it.

Anyway, I know there's Cola zero and Dr Pepper (or, if you're feeling a bit gyppo-ish, Asda flog a dodgy 'own brand' variety called 'Doctor Thunder,') but I feel the need to only drink water because it's what I've been told to do and it makes me feel more 'healthy.' But it's still a mission. It's 18.50pm when I'm writing this, and I still have nearly a third of my 2 litres of 'Clearview Spring' left. You lot have clearly put a spanner in the works regarding my idea to go and get a kebab so...It's just a strawberry Exante sachet and the TV (and you lot?!) to look forward to for the rest of the evening.

Fun.

Yeah, but it is sooooooooooooo worth it to look and feel good again ;) and the desire for food does eventually go away...honest!

I think I am only in a positive mood because and shhhhh....I haven't been drinking the stuff lol I did the first time around but with it being cold I am finding it hard to think hmmmm yeah I want to drink that. So I have been having dr Pepper which although also cold does taste of something and boullion which is at least hot. If I find my loss is not good this week I shall join you in the boredom of water - the first time round I could drink 4 litres a day... I think I was on a first time high lol

I cant drink plain water at all but I use CD water flavourings and have no problem drinking a couple of litres with that :)

drinking the water really does my head in, i have only managed 1 litre today, and that was struggle... I find myself also having to drink it when i am not thirsty, been out for a long drive today to the east coast to see family, OH had to stop at 4 pubs on the way so i could pop in for the loo! but hey ho...positive thinking and what must be done, and all that jazz :) x

I was boring and mostly only drank water before exante so having plain water doesn't bother me but I also have the tesco still flavoured water and that helps get 3 litres down a day even more :)

I actually love frostedlcuky charm, all his/her posts make me smile!!

Just a note: Any extra water you put in your shakes and any leaf tea/black coffee you have will also be included in your water intake if that helps any?

The plain ol' water chugging is really hard for me so I just combat it by having extra water in my shakes (I hate them thick anyway) and lots of coffee and tea.

Is it wrong that I fancy some "doctor thunder" now ha ha!

Sounds saucy ;)

Back