Water,

operationslim31

Do you think there's such a thing as too much water intake does 10 -13 pints seem a lot, if I drink more will it push you further in to ketosis,
Only the pharmacist says I am drinking too much my urine sample was very very weak and said my ketosis level is only 3????? I don't understand this,, if I drink less will I lose less ( 4.2lb this week)

Thanks in advance

That does seem very excessive in one day. The recommended amount on any VLCD is between 2-3 litres a day also too much water is not good for you. Water does help with the weight loss but if you are drinking that much daily you are bound to be carrying excess water unless you are continuely running to the loo. Try cutting it back to the recommended amount for the next week and see how your urine tests at the pharmacy at the next weigh in

You don't get 'further in' as such. You're either in ketosis or not. Your losses won't be any different.

If your pharmacist says you're drinking too much then that's really who you should listen to

Wow I just realised that's almos 7 litres you're drinking. That really sounds too much. Do you have your shakes/coffee etc over and above that? Do you feel you need that much????

donjon said:
That does seem very excessive in one day. The recommended amount on any VLCD is between 2-3 litres a day also too much water is not good for you. Water does help with the weight loss but if you are drinking that much daily you are bound to be carrying excess water unless you are continuely running to the loo. Try cutting it back to the recommended amount for the next week and see how your urine tests at the pharmacy at the next weigh in

I do go to the loo a lot :) 3 times during night ok I try that ( think its the fear I won't lose enough weight ) thanks for ya help

LT recomend between 2 and 4 litres i think... Be carefull hun.... you can actually drink too much water!!! X

Deezer said:
LT recomend between 2 and 4 litres i think... Be carefull hun.... you can actually drink too much water!!! X

I have decided today to have a pint with every shake(was doing two) and the second pint between the next shake so I should end up with roughly 6 pints and black decaf coffee. Do you think this sounds right ?

I reckon that would be bang on... thats 3 and a half litres each... see how you go on with that hun!! : ) x

Definitely cut back to the recommended water intake. Too much water is very, very VERY bad for you and don't mean to scare you but it can be potentially fatal. It's called water poisoning or water intoxication and it leads to an inbalance of electrolytes in your body that are vital for life. Look it up on Google, I'm sure after reading some of the info you find you will cut back to the recommended intake of no more than 4 litres per day. good luck xxx

Lol I did start writing that before you and Dee posted your threads... X

Twinklecheeks said:
Lol I did start writing that before you and Dee posted your threads... X

Lol I will def check that out,, been doing alright on the water front,,, it's totally crazy as I have done this before but was in a very active job and can't remember how much I drank, thanks for the advice

Dee thanks xx

I find it really tricky to cut down- today I've had at least 5l already so I'm going to try not to drink any more today. So thirsty though! But I worry about the health issues. Mind you, I always drank that much even before I began the VLCD, have done for years so maybe my body is used to it. Not seeming to affect losses anyway.

I find it really tricky to cut down- today I've had at least 5l already so I'm going to try not to drink any more today. So thirsty though! But I worry about the health issues. Mind you, I always drank that much even before I began the VLCD, have done for years so maybe my body is used to it. Not seeming to affect losses anyway.
I think if your bodies telling you your thirsty then you are... Everyones different.... Pamdev used to drinks lots too.... : ) x

Im started to get more thirsty as the days go on im having usual 3 shakes and about 2-3ltrs of water after shakes is this ok, Im more thirsty the more water I dirnk lol

Im started to get more thirsty as the days go on im having usual 3 shakes and about 2-3ltrs of water after shakes is this ok, Im more thirsty the more water I dirnk lol

That sounds about right. They say to drink between 2 - 3 litres so you're within that limit. I know what you mean about getting more thirsty, I'm the same. My tongue at times feels like it is totally dried up if I don't keep sipping at the water.

Back