Water

bexnkev

Silver Member
I'm drinking between 4 and 5 litres of water a day which is great but I keep waking up in the night thirsty(!) and feeling dehydrated. Does anyone else have this problem and is it because my body is getting used to the amount of water I'm drinking? :confused::confused:

I don't think that you should drink so much water. You should drink about two liters, but four to five is definitely too much for your body. I mean I am not a preofessional, but I think that this might be the problem why you often feel dehydrated and thirsty at night.

Hi
I have the same sometimes. I did ask my uncle who is a dr how much is too much and he said a healthy body can deal with 11l a day, its not the amount you drink its how fast you drink it. So its small quantities at a time.

I don't think that you should drink so much water. You should drink about two liters, but four to five is definitely too much for your body. I mean I am not a preofessional, but I think that this might be the problem why you often feel dehydrated and thirsty at night.

On lighter life it's 4 litres min Sam. Many of us drink much more!

In response to the OP - I get this sometims but I think it was more to do with being too hot at night and have turned down the heating. Could your issue be something similar?

I'm drinking between 4 and 5 litres of water a day which is great but I keep waking up in the night thirsty(!) and feeling dehydrated. Does anyone else have this problem and is it because my body is getting used to the amount of water I'm drinking? :confused::confused:

Hi bexnkev :)

When I started on CD originally I drank between 2 and 3 litres of water each day (spread out through the day). As my body got used to it and the trips to the loo eased off :eek: I increased it gradually to between 4 and 5 litres per day and had no probs at all and good weight losses.

I would experiment and try turning down the heating first if it was me.

Lacey..xx :)

But what about the thirst? I still suddenly get overwhelmed by it from time to time. Not just at night but through the day. I never had this problem when i wasnt drinking so much.

I'm with you Annie, I've tried turning the heat down but I still have times when I'm so thirsty!!! maybe someone knows the answer!!
Have you had your finger pricked to test for diabetes?

it's because you aren't eating food, usually we get most of the fluid we need from the food we eat. I just keep a pint glass of water beside the bed in the night and drink when I need to.

I'm having that problem and was wondering what was going on. My mouth feels like cardboard at times, so I drink water to ease the feeling. So its normal then?

Thank God for that I was wondering, thanks for the reassurance Miss Bettany.

Back