Waters just not quenching my thirst!

Day 3 into my Induction and have drank soo much still and sparkling water my eyeballs are floating.....but none of it is satisfying my thirst. I used to drink the flavoured water from ASDA but they've got a carb content.

Can anyone suggest something which will hit the mark?

Peppermint tea? Some used to suggest Perfectly Clear strawberry and kiwi cos it has no citric acid - not sure if this is technically allowed but if desperate, I'd drink some! Might help to give you a bit of variety as you clear the carbs from your system.

a nice cup of tea !x

I have same problem when I'm on Atkins....... Cannot quench my thirst at all!! Are you eating any processed foods, or adding much salt to you foods?? I bloody love salt and used to put too much in, I cut it by more than half and there was a massive difference....xx

I also swapped to plain water rather than fizzy - it worked better for me. Probably need to test some different things out:)

Sainsburys still flavoured waters. 3 of the flavours in the range contain malic and not citric acid. I like the raspberry & cranberry one as I hate plain water

I add no added sugar squash to my water and it works a treat. Be sure to check the carb count as differant brands vary.

Thank for all the ideas, I'll be popping to Sainsburys I think, i've also bought some flavourings, orange etc to add to fizzy water. Hopefully this'll curb my thirst! Can't drink tea without milk and sugar, cream and sweetners just not right at all :eek:(

Sure can.

I use the alpro light because it seems to blend in better with tea. if you have it with coffee, give it a minute before you add the soya milk, otherwise it'll curdle :(

a lot of the asda fizzy and water drinks contain Malic acid too! Very useful for those of us bodyswerving citric acid ha ha.

Back