Thirst

Well I am now on week 2 but for the last few days have found that I am incredibly thirsty. Doesn't matter what I drink I just can't seem to get rid of it. Am currently drinking around 4 litres of water a day, the occasional peppermint tea or boullion and 1 tin of coke zero per day.
I did lighterlife a couple of years ago and definately didn't have this thirst then - if anything I used to struggle to get all my fluids in!
Does anyone else find they are super thirsty?
Any tips on getting rid of this dry feeling?

Hi, Princess, yes my mouth always seems to be dry even if I have just had a drink! I also did L.L and don't remember this symptom.
I usually have a few sips of water and use a minty breath spray, which helps a bit. I figure it's a small price to pay for the fab results tho!

I've been super thirsty too. I was at a client site yesterday and tried to ignore the thirst as I was so busy, but all it did was trigger a migraine :sigh: I won't be doing that again, so today I'm just back to the chugging water and constant peeing! I figure if my body wants water, I'd better just go with it.

I am exactly the same but I was also like this on lighter life, my mouth is well furry! I ended up drinking 5 litres a day on LL much to the disapproval of my counsellor but I couldn't help it, great for the skin though! I also bought some mouth spray but doesn't seem to help. Em x

Is it thirst or a dry mouth? If your pee is almost colourless, then you are drinking plenty.

Have you come across Biotene Dry Mouth Gel? You just put a little dab on your tongue and spread it around. The chemists suggested it because some of the pills I take cause a very dry mouth. Anyway, your mouth floods with saliva after using it & the effect lasts a couple of hours. I just use a little dab - about 1/4 of the amount they suggest.

I'm on week 2, and my mouth has never been so dry.

Also, I keep a jug & glass of water in every room and keep the glass full. Constant sipping without waiting to feel thirsty.

Back