UD Fri 2 (post DD).............222.8
UD Sat 3 (post UD)............224.2 (+1.4) +1.4
DD Sun 4 (post UD)............?
UD Mon 5 (post DD)...........222.6 (-1.6) -0.2
DD Tues 6 (post UD)..........224.8 (+2.2) +2
UD Wed 7..............
DD Thurs 8............
UD Fri 9................

DD today. Felt a bit down this morning after 'gaining' over 2lbs overnight, but, need to remember that in order to gain 2lbs, I'd need to have eaten about 7000 calories! Much more likely it's due to having had a heavy pasta and garlic bread dinner late last night. It was probably still sitting in my tummy this morning.

Met my mum for lunch this afternoon, or rather, she had lunch, I had 2 black coffees and a diet coke! The most exciting thing was, I wore a dress I bought about a year ago, but have never worn as it was too tight. I wore it with leggings I got delivered from Next, my new biker boots and a long cardigan over the top - I actually felt really good! The reason I'd never worn this dress is that it was really clingy across my tum, but my stomach is feeling a lot flatter recently, which is nice as that's one of my real problem areas.

Planning chicken breast cooked in foil with mushrooms and piri piri spice, boiled potatoes and broccoli for dinner - yum! Will cook my potatoes in a separate pan from Mr Wavycat's so I know exactly how much I'm having and will lay off the butter.

Am also doing a big clean of the flat at the moment - an autumn 'spring' clean. My head always feels clearer when the house is clean and tidy and it's keeping my mind off food.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Last edited:
I realise I'm going to have to address exercise at some point. The problem is, I HATE exercise! In my experience, exercise is boring, humiliating and uncomfortable. I think I need to start small and build up gradually, otherwise I'll just get sick of it and give up.

I've bought a weighted hula hoop as it's something low impact I can do at home. I've got a bad back and I'm told it's good for strengthening core muscles which in turn helps support the lower back.

I think also I'll try and go for a walk on UDs - starting tomorrow!

good luck with the exercise. I HATED exercise until I was in my mid 30s and started jogging (or more stumbling) and since then i have run or run walked or walked more than 10 marathons. I run 3 to 5 times a week and can't imagine how i ever hated it.

Not saying jogging is for you but keep hunting and find the thing you love it is worth it not just for weight loss but mental health too.

Good luck

t x

good luck with the exercise. I HATED exercise until I was in my mid 30s and started jogging (or more stumbling) and since then i have run or run walked or walked more than 10 marathons. I run 3 to 5 times a week and can't imagine how i ever hated it.

Not saying jogging is for you but keep hunting and find the thing you love it is worth it not just for weight loss but mental health too.

Good luck

t x

Thanks! It's nice to hear it's possible to go from being an exercise-phobe to a marathoner! I think I'll start will a brisk walk round the park and take it from there...

UD Wed 7 (post DD)...........221.6 (-3.2) -1.2
DD Thurs 8............
UD Fri 9................

Yeah! 221 makes it's first appearance! That shows I was right yesterday to not panic about the post UD gain. Am hoping for 221 for the end of the week - will be totally chuffed with that. Fingers crossed. Maybe into the high 210s next week?

Averaging about 2lbs a week off - I've never managed that before. Usually on a normal diet I'd lose about 4 or 5lbs (probably of water and muscle) in the first week, maybe 1 or 2 the next week and then either plateau or be derailed by a binge. If I can maintain 2lbs or even 1lb off a week until target I will be more than happy.

I've got my evening class tonight and Mr Wavycat is making his famous beef chilli, with cheese, sour cream and nachos. Life is good!

DD Thurs 8 (post UD).........223.2 (+1.6) +0.4
UD Fri 9................

Had coffee with my mum and dad at lunchtime. I had a black coffee and a diet coke, they had cappuchinos and cakes. The funny think was, I wasn't even bothered about the cake! Didn't feel sorry for myself at all.

They're coming round to my house for dinner tonight because they're having building work done on their kitchen. I'm making a fish stew with 1 piece salmon, 1 piece haddock and a handful of prawns. Am going to fill it out with potatoes and will serve it with crusty bread. I'll just skip the potatoes and bread lol!

I've just bumped into an old friend I've not seen in years - he's working in a shop just a few doors down from where I live. Was so lovely to see him - we used to go clubbing together in my younger days. I promised to pop in and see him again and arrange drink and a catch up.

I'm keeping everything crossed for a loss tomorrow - I'd be more than happy with just 1lb!

Okaaay. Today was interesting...

Food was as follows (DD):

3pm.........4 crispbreads & lf Philadelphia.........109
7pm.........fish stew....................................300
..............glass of wine...............................150
..............brie (matchbox size piece)..............96
11pm.......3 nachos.....................................45?
..............2 small slices baguette & butter.......150
Total........................................................850

So, ended up over 500 calories, but still pretty good considering I had my parents over for dinner. I had mega carb craving at about 11pm and felt much better for having a few nachos and a couple of small pieces of bread and butter.

It'll be interesting to see how the scales are looking in the morning.

DD Thurs 8 (post UD).........223.2 (+1.6) +0.4
UD Fri 9......(post DD).........221.2 (-2) -1.6
Christmas 21lb Challenge.......8lbs off.....13lbs to go!

1.6lbs off - I'll take that thank you very much! Happy with that especially given that yesterday wasn't a perfect DD.

Had left over baguette, butter and brie for breakfast - yum!

Last edited:
UD Fri 9......(post DD).........221.2
UD Sat 10...(post UD).........221.0 (-0.2) -0.2
DD Sun 11...(post UD)........222.6 (+1.6) +1.4

Today hasn't been a good DD - woke up late, with slight hangover as was at a friend's birthday party last night.

Food was as follows:

10 prawn crackers................................................200?
6 crispbreads, butter, cheddar, salad cream..............500?
1 twix................................................................284
1/2 tube pringles (eek - those things are addictive!)...500
1 crispbread with butter.........................................50?

So basically just rubbish all day, no actual food. Total calories, I'm guessing about 1534, so not a major disaster calorie wise. I suppose it's a bit like an in between day. Something similar happened the last time I had a night out on a Saturday - so I need to be more prepared in future.

TUD Fri 9......(post DD).........221.2
UD Sat 10...(post UD).........221.0 (-0.2) -0.2
M Sun 11...(post UD)........222.6 (+1.6) +1.4
UD Mon 12...(post Med).......223 (+0.4) + 2
DD Tues 13..(post UD)........
UD Wed 14..(post DD).........
DD Thurs 15 (post UD)........
UD Fri 16 (post DD)............

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in, after 3 UDs and 1 Medium day in a row. And totm - eek!

Tomorrow, am going to have pretty much what I had last Tuesday, as that resulted in a good loss. So planning piri piri chichen, boiled potatoes and broccolli for dinner. Crispbreads and vlf Philadelphia for hunger emergencies and at least 2 litres of water to flush everything out! I would love, love, love a 2lb loss this Friday as that would give me a total of 10lbs off.

I'm planning on buying myself a new pair of jeans once I've reached 10lbs off - and then maybe every further 10lbs? Just cheapie ones from New Look or similar (I actually find they fit the best as they're got lots of stretch and they come in tall sizes). Then when I'm at target I can have a ritual burning of the too big jeans!

UD Sat 10...(post UD)...........221.0 (-0.2) -0.2
M Sun 11...(post UD)............222.6 (+1.6) +1.4
UD Mon 12...(post Med)........223 (+0.4) + 2
DD Tues 13..(post UD)..........224 (+1) +3
UD Wed 14..(post DD).........
DD Thurs 15 (post UD)........

Eek - not looking too clever! I think maybe I've been resting on my laurels a bit and need to be stricter again.

Not going to cook tonight after all as Mr Wavycat is working late and I can't be bothered to cook just for me. Will nip out to the shop soon and get some soup maybe. Haven't eaten anything yet, but have been drinking plenty water.

Really, reall want to hit 10lbs off, so I can buy new jeans. The ones I'm wearing are just about falling off me!

So, today I've had:

sweet & sour chicken ready meal.............450
crispbread & lf Philadelphia.....................50
Total..................................................500

Am happy with that. I'm hungry, but it's managable. Not eating anything else before bed. I'm planning a really nice lunch tomorrow! I rarely eat breakfast, even on up days.

UD Mon 12...(post Med)........223 (+0.4) + 2
DD Tues 13..(post UD)..........224 (+1) +3
UD Wed 14..(post DD)..........221.8 (-2.2) +0.8
DD Thurs 15 (post UD).........222.8 (+1) +1.8

I'm really paying for not doing my fast on Sunday. It just proves if I want to lose weight consistantly I need to stick to 3 proper fasts. I had a big pasta dinner late last night, so that will still be sitting in my tum I suppose. I would really, really love a loss tomorrow, even a tiny 0.2lb - just to maintain my record of a loss every week! Although if I don't lose, I just need to accept that the loss will show sooner or later if I stick to my fasts.

Going to the cinema tonight, so that will take my mind off food. Will pick up some nice soup from Sainsbury's on the way home.

UD Mon 12...(post Med)........223 (+0.4) + 1.8
DD Tues 13..(post UD)..........224 (+1) +2.8
UD Wed 14..(post DD)..........221.8 (-2.2) +0.6
DD Thurs 15 (post UD).........222.8 (+1) +1.6
UD Fri 16 (post DD).............220.4 (-2.4) -0.8
Total................................-0.8

First appearance by 220 - woo-hoo!

Okay, all things considered, I am more than happy with that! I'm going to make sure that my fasts this week are strict - I've realised they really need to be.

I had a big lunch today, so not hungry for dinner. Might just have a cheese toasty later.

Last edited:
UD Fri 16 (post DD).............220.4
UD Sat 17 (post UD)............?
DD Sun 18 (post UD)...........?
UD Mon 19 (post DD)...........221.8
DD Tues 20 (post UD)..........220.2
UD Wed 21 (post DD)..........
DD Thurs 22 (post UD)........
UD Fri 23 (post DD)............

My body is weird! 1.6lbs loss after an UD! Maybe also because it's post totm. But it's making me optamistic for a good loss this Friday...

UD Fri 16 (post DD).............220.4
UD Sat 17 (post UD)............?
DD Sun 18 (post UD)...........?
UD Mon 19 (post DD)...........221.8
DD Tues 20 (post UD)..........220.2 (-1.6) -1.6
UD Wed 21 (post DD)..........219.4 (-0.8) -2.4
DD Thurs 22 (post UD)........
UD Fri 23 (post DD)............

That's what I'm taking about! First appearance by 219 - if I can get to 219.2 by Friday, that means 10lbs off and I can go get my new jeans!

Back