Wavycat's JUDDD Diary

Thanks guys! Yes, I'm really chuffed - hope everything is going well for you too!

UD Fri 30 (post DD)...........218.4
UD Sat 1 (post UD)...........219.2 (+0.8) +0.8
DD Sun 2 (post UD)..........220.4 (+1.2) +2
UD Mon 3 (post DD)..........220.4 (0) +2
DD Tues 4 (post UD).........
UD Wed 5 (post DD).........
DD Thurs 6 (post UD).......
UD Fri 7 (post DD)...........

DD Tues 4 (post UD).........219.8 (-0.6) +1.4
UD Wed 5 (post DD).........

Very pleased with a small loss after an up day. Am hoping for 217 by Friday!

Having a paella from Asda for dinner - it actually looks quite nice. Trying to hold off until 8pm, though.

I've also decided that my 20lbs by Christmas target is unrealistic. I set it for myself before I was really in the swing of JUDDD. I've found that the weight comes off slowly, but it is very consistent - I've lost weight every week for 7 weeks, which I don't think I've ever managed before. So I'm changing my target to 15lbs by the end of December - so I'm aiming for 214lbs.

Long term, I think 5lbs a month is a good target to work to. If I can achieve that, it will take me about 12 months in total to reach my target weight. Sometimes I get frustrated and want things to go faster, but I know that losing slowly is probably healthier and will give my skin a better chance to adapt. And besides, I'm intending to eat this way for ever, even when I've got to target.

I totally agree with the above Wavy, it doesnt come off fast but it keeps coming off and its something that we can stick to. Its a no brainer really, I love it!!

Ok. Exercise. As previously discussed, I HATE exercise with a passion. I find it boring and uncomfortable. But if I'm going to step up my weight loss and tone ups, I'm going to have to get to grips with it.

My knees are not great, so I need something relatively low impact. It can't be in a gym, because I hate them.

So, I've found a walking program online. It's a training plan for a 10k race (walking not running). I'm not doing a race, but I can still use the plan! It aims to get you walking 50-75 minutes four times per week in 10 weeks. Before you start, you're supposed to be doing 40-50 minutes three times a week already. So planning the following for the rest of this month:

(All up days)
Wed 5.....once round park (am guessing this will take about 15-20 mins)
Fri 7.......once round park
Mon 10...twice round park
Wed 12..twice round park
Fri 14....twice round park
Mon 17..3 x round park
Wed 19..3 x round park
Fri 21....3 x round park
Mon 24...3 x round park
Wed 26..3 x round park (boxing day hangover permitting!)
Fri 28.....3 x round park

Then start the 10k training programme in the 1st week of January.

walking rocks, enjoy it! it's the only form of exercise I love, and feel I'm good at! I got the c25k app and plan to start that soon, but haven't found the motivation to give it a go yet!

UD Wed 5 (post DD).........217.8 (-2) -0.6

Woop - first appearance from 217! Maybe next week, might not see 220s at all?

So, am just about to set out for my first walk. Am bribing myself with the thought of buying a sandwich for my lunch on the way home. I'm wearing black tracky bottoms, a couple of layered up t-shirts, my trainers and a waterproof jacket. I feel a bit self concious, as if people will be looking at me thinking 'look at the fat girl 'exercising''. Lol - need to get over myself - am not that interesting to the rest of the world!

I'm hoping that exercising will help with my depression and insomnia.

Went out on my first walk today. It took me about 30 minutes to get round the outside of the park, but that was because the pavement was really icy and I was going really slowly as I was afraid I was going to slip. If it's still icy on Friday, I'm going to set myself a time goal of 20 minutes and will walk inside the park along the grass where it's crunchy rather than slippy.

Today was an up day and for the first time in a while I feel like I really overate.

Breakfast - small bowl of museli, semi skimmed milk, teaspoon sugar
Lunch - cheese, ham and coleslaw sandwich on brown bread
Snack - 2 x chocolate brownies
Dinner - beef chilli, cheese, sour cream and rice

Looking back on it, it doesn't look that bad. I bought the two brownies as I had a friend coming round for coffee after work, but I'd scoffed them both before she even got here!

I was more than full about a quarter way into dinner, but I kept on eating. Ended up uncomfortably full for the first time in ages.

Still, it was nothing like as bad as a 'proper' binge, so that's progress I suppose. It did cross my mind whether my subconcious was resentful because I'd forced myself into doing some exercise today!

I just hope it doesn't scupper a loss for Friday. And I'm slightly dreading weighing in tomorrow.

UD Wed 5 (post DD).........217.8 (-2) -0.6.........30 min walk
DD Thurs 6 (post UD)........218.4 (+0.6) 0

Not bad after overeating on yesterday's UD. Am hopeful for 217 tomorrow. Haven't eaten yet today and feel ok. Going to the cinema later and going to try and hold off having anything until I get back.

UD Wed 5 (post DD).........217.8 (-2) -0.6.........30 min walk
DD Thurs 6 (post UD)........218.4 (+0.6) 0
UD Fri 7 (post DD)........... 217.8 (-0.6) -0.6......20 min walk

217s...just! Sometimes it feels like progress is painfully slow! But it's not just about weight loss - it's about reclaiming my life from the cycle of dieting and binging that I've been stuck in for the last quarter of a century! It's half a pound in the right direction. More importantly, I've got a Christmas girls night out tonight - dinner and drinks and I don't need to even think about calories. That can't be bad.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

More importantly, I've got a Christmas girls night out tonight - dinner and drinks and I don't need to even think about calories. That can't be bad.

Well done on the loss but also for focusing on the above statement :)

This is the best thing about JUDDDD we are all enjoying pre christmas events and losing weight :)

UD Fri 7 (post DD)...........217.8
UD Sat 8 (post UD)..........217 (-0.8) -0.8
DD Sun 9 (post UD).........219.4 (+2.4) +1.6
UD Mon 10 (post DD)
DD Tues 11 (post UD)
UD Wed 12 (post DD)
DD Thurs 13 (post UD)
UD Fri 14 (post DD)

Can't sleep so am jumping on here really quickly for a catch up.

Today was supposed to be a DD, but ended up not being. Not to worry, will just start again tomorrow. Going to keep tomorrow as an UD, but just try and make it be a healthy, not too excessive one. Also need to remember to drink lots of water, that really seems to help.

Planning to clean the house tomorrow, so that it's nice for Christmas. Also, a wee bit of Christmas shopping. I'm supposed to be doing a walk tomorrow (have committed to Mon, Wed, Fri) - not especially looking forward to that, but just need to get on with it.

I'm finding Sundays generally quite hard to stick to a DD. After Christmas, I might experiment with having Sunday as an inbetween day, which would leave only Tuesday and Thursday as DDs. Not sure if it will work, but I want to give it a try.

Do you have to do a DD on Sundays; I only do 2 D Ds per week (I follow 5:2) and so far have lost some weight every week. I'm sure this will slow down and start STS, but then I'll have to review my UDs..

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you are doing great, and maybe having Sunday as an ID on top of you two DDs will be enough...

Or couldn't you do mon wed and fri as down days a lot of people do that :) I think it depends on what is going on how easy sundays are to do as down days. I was down yesterday and then friends wanted to go out for dinner. I felt like a real grump for not going but had already had 2 consecutive up days.

But i think wit Juddd you can experiment to see what works for you

Teresa x

Ok, been off radar for a while. Just got caught up in Christmas stuff really. Tried to stay on board with JUDDD, but was much less strict than usual.

Ate far too much chocolate and drank far too much wine. I don't think I've gained much, as my clothes feel about the same, but I'm not going to weigh in until I'm properly back on the JUDDD train. I know I'll feel really down if I've gained, so not risking it! Did a DD today - 550 calories approx. Am happy with that. I'm going to try doing two weeks of proper alternate days - not sure whether I'll manage it though!

I've also signed up with an online course in alcohol reduction. I do drink far too much - I've always thought of alcohol as being one of the 'foods' that I binge on. The class is basically learning techniques to stay in control of drinking, plus hypnosis recordings. I'm feeling really positive about it and will update about it in this diary.

I ate far too much chocolate and drank far too much alcohol too, it was fun :D. Sounds like you have a really positive attitude. Good luck! x

Started JUDDD again properly this week, after a few half hearted post Christmas attempts. It's such a relief - I was feeling really sluggish and low. I'm going to be brave and WI tomorrow (Friday is my WI day). I've realised that I need to get back to what I was doing before Christmas, because it was working really well for me. Basically, weighing every day and checking in here every day.

Food today as follows:

12.00 - 1/2 tin of Weight Watchers tuna, sweetcorn mayo...39 (DISGUSTING - one of the most revolting things I have ever attempted to eat in my life!)
4pm - 1/2 egg mayo sandwich........................................137

Plan for rest of today:

6.30pm - tin of soup.....................................................128
9pm - 1/2 egg mayo sandwich........................................138

Back