Ways to Maximise Weight Loss

beegee5

Hi, i thought i should start this as a thread where we can give tips to eachother in ways to maximise weight loss, well if there are any lol especially for people like myself who are not losing large amounts consistantly. Are there some trends in your diet which you've noticed help to lose those extra pounds? like cutting out certain packs/bars?? if so which ones?

im kinda losing patience right now like i just want to lose it now!! lol not 1 or 2 pounds here and there its a bit frustrating.

well due to my frustration ive booked an a aerobics class for tomorrow its supossed to burn fat and be an intense workout. iv also booked a new cardio type class called Bokwa. should be interesting. im aware that excercise can slow down weight loss and i know im supposed to take it easy..but i will stop if i feel light headed etc. well what do u guys think? am i wasting my time and money on the classes i just booked, will it stall my weight? do u think they will work in shifting the pounds?

sorry if iv gone on a bit ..:eek:

beegee xx

Water water water! (like a waterwheel though, small bits little and often not a huge amount all at once, which can be dangerous). The more you drink the more you shrink!

And do bear in mind there is a limit to how quickly your body will lose weight... one stone a month is average for women on LighterLife and you shouldn't really expect more.

im drinking 3 -4 litres a day and sticking to the plan 100% but still only losing 1-3 pounds, i just want to know if certain cardio excecise help in losing extra pounds

The quickest way to lose weight is to do lighter life! Why do you think your losses are not good enough. They're great. You lost 5lbs 2 weeks ago. You can't expect to lose that every week! Lots of cardio isn't going to speed up your weight loss and could actually slow it down. Your weight loss is great and with 16lbs more to go you'll be there in just over a month. Just try not to overdo it on the exercise and make sure you drink plenty of water, but not loads at a times. Constant sipping!

I was told not to do heavy exercise as can stall. The way i see it is that the body is already living on very little and burning fat instead, so can't imagine exercise helping to lose more weight. However it is very good for toning up and general health. I cycle to work and back most days which works out at about 40 minutes in total but it doesn't make me lose weight any quicker x

I have cut out having two cranberry bars a day and the weight is comming off so much better i will know when i get weighed tommorow night.

jaqui

LL advise only having a maximum of one bar a day. I think because they have more carbs than other packs. How come you were having two a day?

It seems like alot of people find it challenging to get past the 2 or 3 month timeframe. I remember I felt the same around that time about wishing it would just be gone and suddenly at goal.
Stick with it and refocus on taking it a week at a time and try not to think about the long term. It will keep adding up even losing 1 or 2 pounds some weeks, and you have had great losses of 3lbs most weeks.
You can do this, just take it week by week.

Hi Spangly mum,
My LL counsellor said i could have two a day but after two weeks having them i was only dropping 1-2 pounds as you can imagine spending £72 pounds a week i was not best pleased, so since last week i have only had one at breakfast time and i think it has turned around i get weighed tonight so will keep you posted.
Have a great day.

jaqui.x

I also suffer with slow weightloss. I have improved it slightly by cutting out bars completely and upping my water to 3-4 litres a day.

Also SALT - I find that if I have too much of the broth I tend to retain water.

I also cut out tea and coffee and really only have water now. I have around one litre a day of flavoured water but the rest is plain.

Sparkling water also made me bloated. I think it contains more salts than normal.

Back