We know we shouldnt...but we still do!

trimNslim

Silver Member
I started today with a plan. I was going to get up early and do my 30 shred DVD, then have a healthy bowl of cereal. I was going to have a bowl of soup for lunch, walk the dog after work then have tuna pasta salad for dinner.
INSTEAD...
I snoozed my alarm to the point that I was almost late for work, which meant no 30 day shred DVD & no breakfast.
I ate not 1 but 2 muffins at work then went to macdonalds for lunch! When I got home I felt so tired I didn't walk the dog & I decided that I might as well have a take away since I'd already been bad the rest of the day! So I ordered a huge kebab & chips!

Needless to say I feel sick, tired & sluggish! I'm also absolutely disgusted with myself! I thought I was past this type of behaviour, but apparently not! There is No excuse for it! I need to get a grip!!! I don't know why I keep doing it! I know ill regret it but I do it over and over! What's wrong with me???

Thanks for the advice! That makes sense. Ill defo give it a try

Hi - I know exactly how you feel - I do it all the freakin time. It's def some strange psychological barrier that I have yet to understand/break through!!

When you posted 'thanks for the advice etc' did someone actually respond coz I can't see a response? Or were you being sarky!?!??!!

hahaha, there was a reply...god knows who it was or where it's gone! how weird! lol

If u figure out how to stop it can u let me know? ive done it again last week and fallen off the wagon! its doing my head in now! i dont know why i cant stick to it!
Good luck hun xx

I think its just that human habits are so ingrained in the brain - they are just hard to change because they are automatic. I just try to keep reminding myself of the following points as often as possible:
1. if i keep doing the same thing I will keep getting the same results
2. I am going to have to change my diet and lifestyle at some point in my life or I will just keep getting bigger and bigger - so why not change now? Give your brain the ultimatum - its now or never.
3. all the reasons that I want to lose weight/get fit/be healthy - i have typed them in to a list and stuck in my kitchen.
4. if you keep trying - you have to win EVENTUALLY - its pure statistical law! so NEVER GIVE UP TRYING!!

good luck and keep posting xxx

They are fantastic points! You are so right!

I'm going to copy you & stick the reasons I what to lose weight in my kitchen. Plus some motivational quotes!!

Thanks!!

Good luck to you too xx

Back