Weak/Peeling Nail Advice

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hello All

I wondered if someone might be able to help me please?

I've been growing my nails and been really successful, however I've noticed that my pointer fingernail keeps peeling on one side. I've been told to not buff it out as that makes it worse.

I've got Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail polish but it doesn't seem to be working.

Is there anything I should do? Should I file the nail down or try and keep using a strengthner and try and grow the peel out.

I'm loving my new nails and invested in some expensive polishes so I don't want to just give up.

Also has anyone used OPI Nail Envy and if so did that sort out the problem?

Thanks x

mine used to spilt a lot but i took cod liver oil capsules daily and they strenghtned really well.. no splitting but i seem to remember i had to count the capsule as something like 1/2 syn but that was years ago so someone else may know the current syn value xx
Hope this helps a little x or try rubbing olive oil on them xx

I swear by OPI - love it! It sorted out my problem nails - weak, flaky, peeling, brittle - each one different! And now I use it as maintenance and a great base and top coat! Why not get it from QVC, try it for 30 days and if you don't see a difference send it back x

I bought the Leighton Denny crystal nail file, thought it would be rubbish, but it's been fab! Makes the nail waterproof at the tip -they've been so much stronger since.

We must be all QVC heads on here...

I bought the Leighton Denny crystal nail file, thought it would be rubbish, but it's been fab! Makes the nail waterproof at the tip -they've been so much stronger since.

We must be all QVC heads on here...

I only get my beauty from QVC as it really does have the best customer service, can't be faulted, and they do tend to be very competitive high street wise with regards the top beauty brands x

Mavala Scientifique is the only solution I have found for weak and peeling nails. It cost about £5 from Boots but it is well worth the money. Use it twice weekly for the first month then once a week after that. Its a clear liquid that bonds the three layers of the nail together so stops peeling and strengthens. It dries totally clear and can be used under polish.

I could literally bend my nails in half before I started using it. Three months on and I was using my nails to scrape wallpaper off the walls. It really is that good.

That reminds me . . . . time for this weeks application. ;)

I have pretty much the same problem with all my nails. Ive had faulse acryllic nails since the dawn of time and two weeks ago I had them taken off so I can save the £15 a month and put it towards my savings. ANYWAY, my nails are so weak that they bend, rip off high up and peel away so easily so I invested in something called 'Jax Super Nail Hardener' and its awesome. Two coats of it make them strong and if you put some 'Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps' varnish on top it works even better :)

Vitamin B supplements always sorted mine out. xx

Back