Weapons of mass reduction

lottiebird said:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I would be able to join your team? I noticed on your front page you appear to have a few spaces?

Would love to be able to join in and get to know you all :D

:wavey: I'm fine with you joining but we're a few weeks in now. You may want to just chat for now and join after Xmas or just join for the last bit of this one - PPP what do you think? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I saw that trait in me as well Kath sinking two bottles of wine a night and still able to make it into work the next day etc .
That is why Ive stopped drinking full stop

Yep, I've at least two friends that do that easily, one if which is my general partner in crime. I went onto red recently as I don't neck that as quickly as I do dry white or gin. James isn't a massive drinker, he likes a few beers or voddys and can leave it alone if it's in the fridge until he fancies one or we have people round.

Me, I just love wine full stop. I like to have wine when I'm doing a cooking marathon of a Sunday arvo for example watching stuff on my ipad. One bottle can last me quite a few hours generally and other times it's just gone. I was actually quite sensible compared to the others on the hen weekend which was a good test for me. I can see I could easily have a problem if we didn't have drugs and booze policy at work.

Day three of no booze :)

Applekath said:
Yep, I've at least two friends that do that easily, one if which is my general partner in crime. I went onto red recently as I don't neck that as quickly as I do dry white or gin. James isn't a massive drinker, he likes a few beers or voddys and can leave it alone if it's in the fridge until he fancies one or we have people round.

Me, I just love wine full stop. I like to have wine when I'm doing a cooking marathon of a Sunday arvo for example watching stuff on my ipad. One bottle can last me quite a few hours generally and other times it's just gone. I was actually quite sensible compared to the others on the hen weekend which was a good test for me. I can see I could easily have a problem if we didn't have drugs and booze policy at work.

Well done on day 3 Kath
It does get easier I'm not gonna lie
there are times at work I think FFS I could murder
a bottle of wine ... But I know if I start that one will become two
and the next thing I'd know I'd be drinking every night again

Mumma K said:
Well done on day 3 Kath

Do you think it's cutting out the booze that has helped everything finally click with the weight loss??

I was trying to explain to my mum the other day that the reason she wasn't losing any weight is not the food as she eats generally healthy its that she has 2 bottles of wine a night and that is about 1200 kcals therefore nearly a full quota of calories!

shenzi said:
Do you think it's cutting out the booze that has helped everything finally click with the weight loss??

I was trying to explain to my mum the other day that the reason she wasn't losing any weight is not the food as she eats generally healthy its that she has 2 bottles of wine a night and that is about 1200 kcals therefore nearly a full quota of calories!

Absolutely Em

You are 100% spot on
those two bottles are crammed full of sugar

Mumma K said:
Absolutely Em

You are 100% spot on
those two bottles are crammed full of sugar

Ill show her this when I see her tomorrow perhaps it will finally click for her!

Another nod in agreement here too. I will lay money on me doing well this fortnight if I manage to leave it alone.

Some people have a problem saying no to choc, cake, crisp cravings etc. Mine is cheese and wine as per my signature.

Also, some folk lose control when drunk of making sensible food choices, like fast food on the way home etc. Thankfully I cracked that one a while back by making sure I had SW/Atkins friendly stuff in the fridge for when I got home and upping the water and exercise.

All my family on both sides are big social drinkers. I almost felt tee total lol at my uncle's 50'th back in July and I'd sunk some wine and gin that evening.

Same goes for people who drink full fat pop too!

Finally!! It's moving again!! 2lbs off!!

Lowest weight recorded this week 13st 2lbs!!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I would be able to join your team? I noticed on your front page you appear to have a few spaces?

Would love to be able to join in and get to know you all :D
You're welcome to join in Lottiebird. If you want to start now just post how much you want to lose by 22nd Dec and which day you weigh in on. and I'll add you to the list. Otherwise just keep joining in the chat and we can all start fresh in January. :D

Well done on the no booze Kath. Your liver will be thanking you already. :D

Well done on day 3 Kath
Well done to you too for the booze ban - I'm amazed at the difference it has made to your losses and your focus. :D

Finally!! It's moving again!! 2lbs off!!

Lowest weight recorded this week 13st 2lbs!!

Fab loss hun well done. YEAY :D

lottiebird said:
Thanks Purple Patsy, I will tell you after WI tonight :)

I have been "going it alone" for a while, and I've been struggling a lot, so I am off to rejoin my SW group tonight.

Good luck for WI
and Welcome to our LBD challenge

Welcome Lottiebird

Well done Shenzi!

It's a STS for me this week which I'm really pleased about considering the hen weekend away and then 'medicinal' foods.

Had a brandy yesterday in my winter spice tea pigs but it was measured and it really was just the one mrs wembley before bed with a load of night nurse. feel a lot better today after some decent sleep.

Back