Wedding Day is looming, dress is size 12 and right now verging on a 16! HELP!!!

wmccolgan321

Hi guys! Getting married on 20th July this year and really need to make a success of this weight loss or im never going to fit into my wedding dress!:confused: Totally freaking out now, the more I try to be good, the more I think about eating and the more I seem to be eating bad things. Have made a success of slimming world twice before but slipped bk into my old ways, cant afford to do that this time so I need as much help as possible! Any help would be much appreciated! Currently at 12st 6lb starting the diet first thing in the morning and would love to get to 10 and half for the wedding in July! Hope this is possible!!! HELP!!!

It's absolutely possible! I have a member getting married in April, she started the last week in September lost a stone in 2 weeks, has lost just over 2.5 stone and she is 9 lbs away from her target.
She's at group every week no matter what and she's worked really hard. Just fill up on free food and have 1/3 plate superfree. xx

Ok so stop panicking for a start. Finished? right. Let's get cracking.

The first thing you need to do is get a picture of your wedding dress and stick it to your computer screen at work (if you have one), on the fridge at home, on the dash board in the car....you get my drift.

The next thing you need to do is get rid of all the the sweets and chocolate and crisps from your house. If you can't throw them away (and you should! At least in the beginning) then put them all into a carrier bag and put them away out of sight (I have mine right away on the top of my kitchen cupboards!).

Then you will need go and buy some free snack foods - be imaginative are you a savoury or a sweet person? If you are sweet then buy cherries and pineapple and grapes and have it all washed in bowls in the fridge ready for when you want to snack. If you are savoury then get some pickles or olives (check the syns) or make some slimming world hummus/mackerel pate and cut up some carrots and do the same - have them ready to go in the fridge waiting for you to snack! Preparation is EVERYTHING. So plan your meals, try and snack mostly on fruit and veg, count your syns and most importantly never ever give up!

I completely understand what you are going through as I did it myself last year - I bought a dress that didn't fit and had to diet my way into it. It was hard but i did it because there was NO OTHER OPTION!

You can do it too. You just have to get your game face on and keep your eye on that prize - i.e. your wedding day, feeling amazing, having clear skin and bright eyes but also being able to look at the pictures and think "Yes! I looked HOT!".

Good luck!

Thanks ladies. Doing really well this week. Had a bad one last week as had my little nephews confirmation and between the food and drink it was awful. Been able to turn it around this week though and have lost 4lb so really happy with myself. If I can keep this up I'll get to my goal on no time! Positive attitude. I can do it! Xx

Well just weighed in and have 3 1/2lb of this week so I'm delighted with that. Just really hope I can keep it up :)

Well just weighed in and have 3 1/2lb of this week so I'm delighted with that. Just really hope I can keep it up :)

Good job! Well done! Keep your eye on the prize ;)

Definitely. Off to Portugal for my hen atty end of April. Just been counting and its almost 10 weeks to go. If I can manage to lose at the same rate till then I could have two stone off :)

Hi Lovely! Fellow bride here.. Though i'm June next year, But we are the same weight and im aiming for 10st too.. Fancy buddying up! xx

Definitely chic, we need all the support we can get :) jumped on the scales this morning, naughty naughty lol delighted that I have another 1 1/2lb off today. Another 1lb and 1/2 throughout the week and I'll be back in the 11s again :)

Fab stuff lovely!!! .. I bought some WW scales in tesco sales for a tenner down from 20 odd quid.. bloody things range 3 lbs up and down each time i consecutively stand on them.. it's driving me nuts!!

Lol I bought the ww scales in Argos too. Being working great so far though, going down the ways so I love them haha

Had a great day today, lovely duck egg and toast for breakfast, alpen light bar, pork stir fry and some lovely pineapple and melon tonight while catching up with my soaps. Stole a bit of toblerone from my partners bar though and kicking myself for it now, know it won't be while bad but just raging:mad: at myself for giving in to temptation lol

Wendy ( Im guessing thats your real name!) .. Everytime you feel like giving in.. stand up and do 40 squats, its amazing for your ass and thighs and you'll be so exhausted youll forget all about the naughtiness, and if you don't.. you've worked for it! x

Back