Wedding first dance songs - what was or will be yours?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
My friend is getting married in May and they dont have a 'Our Song' and dont know what to have for their first dance.
She doesnt really want something thats been done to death like Shania Twain - From this moment ( sorry if that was anyone on heres song!)

So suggestions please, what was yours?

Mine was Andy Williams - Can't take my eyes off you :p

My cousins song was The Carpenters 'We've only just begun'. Amazing lyrics with a beautiful voice x

Mine was First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes - not a very well known song but it is beautiful!

Greatest Day by Take That as it was also number one when we had our son.

I wanted Barry White My First, my last, my everything but H wasn't going for that lol

We have not 100% confirmed it - but next year when we get married we want 'Your Song' by Elton John!

Not sure yet, but we're walking down the aisle as husband and wife to Stevie Wonder's 'Signed, sealed, delivered' xxx

We had "I wanna grow old with you" by Adam Sandler. Short and sweet and our band learned and played it for us which was amazing.

My sister had "Your Song" by Elton John but it was the Moulin Rouge version.

I heard an great song the other day that I thought would be amazing as a 1st dance song, it's called "Only You" by Sinead O'Connor. Have a listen and see what you think.

xxx

We had 'Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps' by Doris Day. It's always been a favourite song of mine but not very wedding-y I suppose!

Do you know I can not remember.

My DH was so shy he didn't start the dancing with me. I started it with our best man. It must have been something traditional.

Bless him !!

We had truly, madly, deeply by savage garden. We also had a 2nd song (when bridesmaid, best man etc joined us) That was Thank you by Dido.

our song is called "feels like home" by CHANTAL KREVIAZUK but i recorded it and sung it myself and my hubby loved it.

I walked down the isle to shania twain from this moment :p and walked out to your my best friend by queen.

x

We had Madness - "It must be love" to exit the ceremony - played by string quartet, which strangely worked really well.

And Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World" for the first dance. Lovely and not often used, and short if they don't want to be in the spotlight for too long.

We have not 100% confirmed it - but next year when we get married we want 'Your Song' by Elton John!

OMG Elle that's one of my fave songs and I love singing it too!!

Keeping up the Elton theme, my dh and I had 'Can you feel the love tonight' from The Lion King (the Elton version, not the Simba and Nala version). The DJ laughed when we told him, but he then said listening to it he could understand why and thought it was lovely. We felt that it was really fitting as we went to see The Lion King musical in London the weekend we got engaged!X

we had 'nothings gonna stop us now' by starship!
love,love,love it!!!

Back