Wedding first dance songs - what was or will be yours?

We had "Bedshaped" by Keane, it is "our song" :D

We had light of my life by louise nerding

Ooooh, ours was "heaven" by bryan adams, but our second choice was "by your side" by sade, which is a beautiful song. Its so meaningful! xx

It makes me cringe to even think about it now, but we had a really informal wedding and weren't planning on a first dance, mostly because DH is both shy and not at all a dancer. However, the guests were having none of it and requested Martine McCutcheons "Perfect Moment" which we both HATED!!! But we had no choice in the matter. :D :8855:

I have been married for so long that in my day there were not any 'evening do's' - we just had the classic wedding reception of the meal, the toasts, the speeches, cutting of the cake, mingling with the guests for an hour or two, and then getting changed and off on our honeymoon,

And we just left the Church as man & wife with the organist playing the 'Wedding March' - well it was 1969...........

i would like speechless by michael jackson but OH wont have any of it :(

our song is called "feels like home" by CHANTAL KREVIAZUK but i recorded it and sung it myself and my hubby loved it.

x

This is a beautiful song! It's a strong contender for our first dance but I think we're actually going with So Close.

We're intending to walk out of the ceremony to All You Need Is Love played by our string quartet. It sounds brill!

We had the song "From the Heart" by Another Level, which is from the Soundtrack to Notting Hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aMPHYBUs4

It is a beautiful song, with beautiful lyrics, for a beautiful day, when I married a beautiful woman :)

We're intending to walk out of the ceremony to All You Need Is Love played by our string quartet. It sounds brill!

I love this -very Love Actually!!!! xxx I was considering it as my walking in song haha! xxx

Hehe, I thought it was a bit upbeat to walk down the aisle to. Our string quartet plays modern songs too. We're keeping that a secret and having them play classical to seat the guests and for me coming in, also through the ceremony (signing etc). Then...when we walk out they'll strike up in All You Need is Love. Then they'll play some more modern songs. I think it'll be a surprise for everyone.

OH suggested 'Help' by The Beatles - should I be offended!!!!!???!! xx

we didn't have a wedding song cause we only had a meal and saw a show and I know its cheesy but i don't care we was going to have forever and always by shania twain

We had "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith (from the film Armageddon!), quickly followed by "Walking After You" by Foo Fighters!

Back