Extra Easy Wedding Next Year!

officiallygem

So I am back...again. Yet again saying that THIS is the time I stick to something and lose some weight.
I hope I am not the only one who keeps falling off the wagon and coming back!

This time, however, I do feel different. I have just completed the DECHOX for British Heart Foundation. For the month of March I had no cocoa at all, in any form. When I first saw this challenge I thought it'd be interesting to see how I'd do. I was convinced I would throw the towel in, but I found determination that I never knew I had, and did it!

So now, still fuelled by this success, I am back and determined! I want to feel fantastic when I try on wedding dresses this Summer. I am under no illusion that I will be at target by Summer but I'd like to be on my way!

I get married in October 2017 in New York so not only do I want to look good but I also want to be able to walk around for a week without being in agony. I have dreamt of going to New York for years and I will not have it ruined by my own body!

I don't plan on writing on here everyday but I will try and get on as much as possible. I will also take photos and measurements on the way to try and keep myself going. I have never taken photos before but I feel like there may be differences that I don't notice so it's worth a shot!

I start group next Tuesday so I will be back then, if not before :D

Congratulations on your engagement. :) A wedding is a great motivator, so I will be wishing you all the very best.

I think it's a super idea to take measurements and photos to spur yourself on. You will definitely see a difference.

Hope you have a great first meeting back tomorrow. :) Very best of luck for a fantastic first week back.

Marie

Thank you Marie!

After a crazy month with a burst pipe and relatives in Hospital I missed my first week back at group but we did manage to make it on Monday so I am officially on the wagon :)

I have taken pics so have those ready to share when I can see some improvement.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

:)

Weigh in last night and I got my half stone award! I have lost 8.5lbs in 2 weeks so I am thrilled. I'd had a rough week with * and felt so bloated and horrid that I was convinced I hadn't lost anything. I'm so glad I decided to suck it up and go to group as I lost 3.5lbs. How wrong I was! I feel good and determined to get my next award. I have started SW a few times over the past couple of years but for 1 reason or another I have never achieved anything past my half stone award. I know that getting the next one will give me the boost I really need.

Have a great week all! :D

Here to follow! Hope everything is going well.
You'll Love newyork. We did so much walking there, it was exhausting. We had 4 days to do as much as possible before flying to Vegas. Ate loads of good food, saw a show, visited all the main attractions, drank good coffee. Where you getting married?

Wow hun New york :) Good look looking forward to seeing and hearing how you are doing :) xxxx

Thanks both :)

Yes I am very excited! We are getting married in Central Park at Ladies Pavilion. We thought as it's October a little cover would be useful!

I know we both want to do a helicopter tour and see all the major attractions so I definittely need to get my weight down and my fitness up.
I suffer with arthritis in my hips and knees so any weight lost will also ease that up.

Ordered myself a little sign from amazon to countdown the days :D

I love them little signs, I got one for my daughters birth. She came on my due date too.

Central Park is huge, loads going on. You'll be walking past lost of people in your wedding dress and they will al be lookin saying 'isn't she gorgeous'

Aww that would be lovely :)

I had a pretty boring weekend, cleaned the house on Saturday. I'm sure that counts as some body magic with the amount I was sweating! Sunday I just chilled and watched TV.
I find those boring days the most tricky with cravings usually but I managed to stay on track. I think because I know weigh in is Monday?

Does anyone else get excited for weigh in? I will report back either this evening or tomorrow with tonights results :D

Good luck with WI hun xxxx

PS: I am looking forward to seeing how much ( FX) this fri I have lost :) xxxx

Morning!

I lost 2lbs last night so thats 10.5lbs in 3 weeks, not too shabby. Feel good this morning, nearly at that stone mark!

@jules1981 Glad it's not just me :)

Have a busy day today so have packed lots of snacks to keep me going through the day.

Well done hun, you are doing fab sweetie xxxx

Sorry I've been absent! To be honest I have been posting on instagram mostly, I like far too many photos of delicious SW food!! :D

After weigh in last night I officially have my 1 stone award! Lost 3lbs last weeks and 2lbs last night for a total of 15.5lbs now.

Hope you're all doing well!

Last edited:
I'm still here!

Had a couple of weeks holiday and had a week off plan so only back now -2.5lbs but a loss is a loss so I'll take it.
Total loss now of 18 lbs so only 3 until my stone and a half :)

I have just purchased a 6 week countdown as I have a hen do at the end of August and want to stay firmly on track until then.
I will definitely be continuing after that too but I felt the commitment would be worthwhile.

Still posting on instagram reguarly. If you have it give me a follow and let me know your username so I can follow back. I have a link in my signature.

Have a good week all!

Wow a New York wedding that is amazing! I didn't slim before my wedding, however when I look back now I wish I had of. I'm at work at the mo but would love to follow you on Insta! If you want to follow me I'm pretty sure I'm "mrsredford15" and I'll follow back :) xx

Back