wedding plans vs family politics! grrrr

no reply back of SIL yet....

I got qute excited then when I saw you had posted. I was eager to read the latest installment. What am I like?!
I hope you get a nice reply soon though:)

OMG! just went onto fb and although no reply, she is online... so must have read or be reading it!

I wanted to message her and ask if sh ehad read it, but she may be in the middle of it!

omg omg -

I can hear the eastender duff duffs again...

ok, so now she is off line.... and no response?!?!?

so what does that mean??!?! :(

ok, so now she is off line.... and no response?!?!?

so what does that mean??!?! :(

Probably just that she needs to think about what you've said and discuss it with your brother.

I know you will be on tenterhooks until you hear something but try not to worry. You were totally in your rights to say what you did and said nothing out of order at all xx

Update!

Hi all,

not spoke to sister in law directly... but my brother has spoken to my mom and dad...

and...

mom and dad said 'she was surprised that your brother told you it was ok to invite Kate...'

so, all this anger and disappointment was prob becasue she thought i'd just gone ahead and done it without any thought for her feelings. Not realising that I had checked and with my brother first...

she is going to call or email me apparently.

so there you have it, she thought I was being thoughtless, when in fact it was my brother not thinking of her feelings.

I feel better, but mad at him! grr lol!

really glad I sent the message now :)

Glad it's all getting sorted xx

Hopefully she'll realise that her feelings are important to you but, being adults, the feelings of your niece (who is her stepdaughter after all) need to be considered too.

I know that probably there are undercurrents that nobody knows about besides your brothers household and Kate's household (my OHs has a real BFH (b***h from hell - hence my advocating the British Second Wives Club as I'd go mad without it!!) who tries to make life as difficult as possible for us) but it does sound like they are nothing that can't be overcome for you and your niece's sake xxx

Glad to hear everything is out in the openand now she knows the truth of how this has all come about, it seems that your brother wasnt aware of how this was going to effect everyones feelings when he said it would be ok!

At least now, everyone knows the situation so any outcome will be with all the facts!

xxxx

I hope everything goes well and that you manage to get this sorted with all parties. I don't know why, but weddings do bring out the worst in the familes - I got married 4 years ago, my FIL didn't turn up to the wedding and I still don't speak to him. At the end of the day it is yours and your h2b wedding, it's all about you and to hell what others think!!!

well, the weekend has passed, and no reply.

I have been away all weekend for my birthday (had a great time too :D) and was hoping to come back to something, but no, no reply. oh well, time to draw a line under it and move on.

her lack of response says more about her than it does me, I dont even care now, I have said my piece and explained. she has chosen not to comment, I figure its a bit rude, but hey ho. maybe she has lots of loving thoughts and no time to write? or maybe its what I call mushroom management... kept in the dark and fed on sh*t. its not like it her fault - it was all rehashed to me by family, it would just have been nice to have some kind of response to it all to set my mind at ease.

never mind eh?

on a positive note, we did buy discounted wedding invites from clarkes shopping village :D

You and your husband to be are the most important people in this wedding. You have bent over backwards and if any of them choose to do something different it is not your fault.

Now just concentrate on having a great day and one that you will remember.

Irene xx

You and your husband to be are the most important people in this wedding. You have bent over backwards and if any of them choose to do something different it is not your fault.

Now just concentrate on having a great day and one that you will remember.

Irene xx

Hear hear!!

Back