Wedding weight loss mission: Dress!

Freshstartnewme!

Gold Member
Hi all,

I've been a member on minimins for a long time and had numerous diaries over the years. 2010-2011 I lost just over 3 stone getting down to my lowest weight in a long time 14 stone 2 from 17 stone 7.

2012 was a hard year and I changed jobs three times and unfortunately have put on over a stone and weighted in this morning at 15.3 :(

I just tried weight watchers and just can't get on with it, so am returning to what I know best good old slimming world!

I recently got engaged and the big day is 29th March 2014! - Next year! I am so excited but really want to get some weight off so I feel amazing in a dress.

So the goal is to get into the 12s if I can- just over 2 stone to loose.

I am not going to join a group as we can't afford it at the moment with saving for the wedding, so any help would be much appreciated if I am going wrong somewhere :)

Will be looking at diaries to inspiration to get back into the slimming world groove :)

Claire xx

Last edited:
Ok, so I was going to join slimming world classes but decided that I CAN do this myself. I have done it before and just need to get in the zone. I have this website, some old materials and the new magazine so here goes!

Food plan for Tuesday 9th July

Breakfast
Special K (28g) HEB
Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Banana and strawberries

Lunch
4 Asda crispbread (5)
2 Extra light laughing cow triangle (2)
Cucumber, tomatoes
2 slices ham
Fruit salad- strawberry, melon, pineapple
Coconut muller greek (0.5)

Tea
Turkey mince chili (sweetcorn, onion, courgette, pepper)
1/2 packet Asda new potatoes in butter (2)
Total syn: 9.5 Syn

Snack
Fruit pack at the cinema- mango, pineapple and strawberries. (Free)

Does this look like an ok Extra Easy Day to everyone?

Claire xx

Last edited:
Oh thank you! Do you know what cereals can be a HEB? I found a print out with some lists on but its obviously wrong lol!

Thanks for the message :)

Hello!

Been good today thank you, stuck to plan and also at the cinema only had a fruit pack instead of popcorn or sweeties :)

Do you have a diary, I am off to try and find for some inspiration! xx

Hi. Yes you found my diary lol pop on anytime I do chatter on there as well as put my food for the day up.

What did you go and see at the cinema? We went to see now you see me, last Saturday!

Morning!

Right food for today! Wednesday 10th July 2013- Day 2!

Breakfast
Warburton thin (5)
2 'fried' eggs with frylight
1 tsp spread (1)

Lunch
Chicken basil tomato pasta salad from Marks and Spencer (5.5)
Mixed fruit- apple, pineapple and strawberry

Tea
Chicken Skewers with rice and side salad (1.5)- Not sure how much to add for the sauce and rice? *Suggestions welcome!)

Total syn: 13 as stands - might just say 15 to include the bit of sauce, and rice should be free?
*No HEA or HEB today! Eeek!

Total week syn: 24.5/105

On slimming world you get 15 syns a day? Do you get a weekly stash too? I seem to remember this, or am I making it up!? xx

Last edited:
Morning. I will take a look at the menu and see what you can have when I get 2 minutes.

I am only allowed ten syns a day. But a lot have 15. But no weekly stash. Sorry !! (think that ww)

Chicken breast and pepper skewers with peri peri sauce although it says 20 cals (1 syn) and side salad. You could just say not the sauce(but its not loads). Also chicken Caesar salad,club salad, half roast chicken and salad.
Hope this gives you some idea. !! X have a good day

Morning!

I thought the skewers too after doing a bit of searching on here!

For lunch I got a count on us British basil chicken pasta salad from Marks, which I think is 5.5 syns from what I can find :)

Thanks for your help, it's lovely to have someone checking in to chat to!

X

Congratulations for getting engaged!! And BOO! to the job changes. Although last time we 'spoke' which was like last year (or maybe even before!) you said you were unhappy where you were?

I fell off the WW wagon quite a while ago, when I moved out of my parents (April 2012)! Back on with the calorie counting, decided to give myself a little bit of a push (I've been maintaining for about a year! Nice to know it can be done :)) so thought I'd give Minimins a look over and saw your thread. I'm very excited :D

xx

Let us know what you decided on !!

Hello!!

I have the chicken skewers with maybe half the sauce and rice? Need to work out if the rice would have any syns? It just seemed to be plain (yellow) rice! Any ideas? have you had a good day? I am pleased I didn't crack and have some chips or pudding!! xx

Congratulations for getting engaged!! And BOO! to the job changes. Although last time we 'spoke' which was like last year (or maybe even before!) you said you were unhappy where you were?

I fell off the WW wagon quite a while ago, when I moved out of my parents (April 2012)! Back on with the calorie counting, decided to give myself a little bit of a push (I've been maintaining for about a year! Nice to know it can be done :)) so thought I'd give Minimins a look over and saw your thread. I'm very excited :D

xx

HELLLOOOO Lovely lady!! I was just thinking about you the other day and if you were still about!

I fell of the wagon exactly the same time, April 2012 when I moved jobs- had 2 further moves since then lol. Been in this job since October though and its going ok! I have been on and off ww and calorie counting but no joy. Currently about a stone heavier than i was at lowest weight.

How have you been other than that, how much have you lost with CC? How is living away from home, are you enjoy independence? Lovely to see you again! xxxx

Was it nice ? Think when I looked syns for the sauce were 1 syn for it all (20 cals). When I have yellow express rice its classed as 4 syns for the whole packet.
Yes I had a good day thanks. Lost another 1.5 lb and got slimmer of the week again :eek:

Hope this helps ( btw my name is Heather)

Back