Wedding weight loss mission: Dress!

Thanks lovely, how are you feeling? Poor you being poorly on your week of peace :(

I'm going to try and stick to slimming world concept but calorie count. Then if I need a quick tea like we had last night (fajitas) I can and won't have the worry about it! SW doesn't really lend itself to quick meals lol.

Onwards and downwards! Xx

Gah tell me about it! I've taken today off work, hopefully to try and feel a bit better.

Yeah that makes perfect sense, I'm sure you'll do it however you choose.

Have a good day xx

I agree SW does not lend itself to quick meals very often :D but a hybrid of the two could be your best bet. So on the days you are working away you can at least be sure that you're making the very best choices you can and doing the best for your weight loss.

And that lb will come off in no time at all :)

Morning,

So I calorie counted yesterday and came in around 1800, all you calorie counters how many do you stay within a day? I am going to try for 1600?

Wednesday

Breakfast
45g special k, skimmed milk and strawberries (281)

Lunch
Ham roll with lighter clover and ham
Chili snack a jack
Apple

Mint special k bar
(459)

Tea
Chicken curry with Uncle Bens rice (739)

Total for the day: 1559

I don't know about anyone else but I find dieting hard when things are going on! Parents are here Thursday-sat and we are going to the beach on Saturday for a picnic, we planned to have a chicken dish I'm cooking on Thursday with cheese and pesto, new pots and veg, then Friday mum is cooking lasagne with chips and salad. Might just have salad?

Xx

Last edited:
So I calorie counted yesterday and came in around 1800, all you calorie counters how many do you stay within a day? I am going to try for 1600?

Afternoon,

1600 is fine I guess as a number, but it's a little 'I plucked it out of thin air'...

If you use the link below, enter your stats then take that number -20% as your calorie goal, then that's a little more tailored - mine currently works out at 1976... lotsa food :D

EDIT: I actually just took your stats (except for you age.. so I guessed! and put you down as 'Sedentry' so it'd come up with the lowest number) and came up with 1707.

TDEE Calculator

I find it so difficult to stay on track when things are happening!

Last edited:
Afternoon,

1600 is fine I guess as a number, but it's a little 'I plucked it out of thin air'...

If you use the link below, enter your stats then take that number -20% as your calorie goal, then that's a little more tailored - mine currently works out at 1976... lotsa food :D

EDIT: I actually just took your stats (except for you age.. so I guessed! and put you down as 'Sedentry' so it'd come up with the lowest number) and came up with 1707.

TDEE Calculator

I find it so difficult to stay on track when things are happening!

Hey hun,

Thanks for this :) I think 1600 was the figure I had last time I tried cc but I was about 10lbs lighter. I'm 14.13.5 at the moment, 5'9 and 28 :) will have another go at home and see what it says, 1700 is good though!

You had a good day at work? I'm warm and on the bus lol much prefer the train. Also annoys me that the people of Lincoln seem to be on a washing boycott, there are some stinks around today! Xx

Not too bad at work but i too am on a bus!! Flipping rail replacement from nottingham to Newark for 3 weeks. Can't say Im enjoying the experience! Especially today when I'll get home at 8 :(

Im having to be super good food wise during the day because i have to eat something on the way home otherwise id be chewing my face off!

Must be a washing ban on this bus too . . . A few interesting smells wafting around :)

I used 26 as your age :)

Morning!

Well sneaky weigh this morning was showing 14:11 so it is going the right way. I really need to try and stay on track when mum and dad here which will be easier now calorie counting I think. Yesterdays food was good and within range, would love to get down to 14.10 by Tuesday.

Breakfast:
White roll toasted with spread
A banana

Lunch
Salad with lettuce, cucumber, cheese, 2 boiled eggs, ham and chicken, mayo
Special K bar
Muller greek

Tea
We ended up in cafe zoot after a bit of a shopping mishap! I had bruschetta and chicken and leek pie with chips. No idea on calories, but going with about 1141 from what I could put together on mfp.

Total cals: 2037

Have a good day everyone :) xx

Last edited:
I'm sure you can do it, though it won't be easy! I know when we go to my parents it's always a trigger! You just have to be super strong and determined!

Have a good day xx

Do your mum and dad know your dieting? Mine tend to be fairly understanding and will accommodate when necessary. :)

My Dad's the biggest fad dieter I've ever met. I think he's embarking on the juice diet soon.... So he's alright, but he often ends up telling me exactly what I need to do to lose, and i'm like... i'm losing now :rolleyes:

Decided on tea yet? I'm having chilli with rice (and maybe a sneaky bit of cheese :D)

Morning!

We ended up in Cafe Zoot last night after asda cocked up our shopping order.. well in fact they just didn't come! I wasn't home until 6pm and they were on the bike so couldn't go shopping, so we went out. I had bruschetta and chicken and leek pie, calories were just over 2000 yesterday so need to try and bring it back a little to make up for it.

Breakfast
2 slices toast with spread and jam

Lunch
4 crackerbread
Toms, cucumber and ham
2 E.L laughing cow
Grapes and muller greek

Tea
Lasagne- might just have with salad others are having chips.

Need to try and work it all out! Will report back later :)

I've only been to Café Zoot once, for a work thing and I remember it being really good! I think I had seabass....

Hope you have fun with your parents this weekend! Btw, lasagne and chips is one of my favourite meals intheentireworld! So if you fancy bringing me some round I wouldn't say no :D

P.s. 2lbs off today :woohoo:

Hi everyone!

Well parents have now moved on to my sisters but we did spend the day together today. We got up and then went to a nature park, had a little walk and then to a farm shop for some lunch. Haven't really been on plan, but now for the next two weeks have nothing planned, no visitors so going to try and knuckle down and get into the swing of things, but then after that we have visitors two weeks in a row and then a week off! Eek!

Food day has been one slice of toast with jam for breakfast, a ham roll with salad and coleslaw, half a packet of crisps and a slice of victoria sponge and tea is bacon, egg and chips as we literally have nothing in the house until tomorrow and the shopping comes. So not a terrible day, but could have done without the cake!

Hope everyone else is ok, I am super tired and not looking forward to work next week :(

xx

I've only been to Café Zoot once, for a work thing and I remember it being really good! I think I had seabass....

Hope you have fun with your parents this weekend! Btw, lasagne and chips is one of my favourite meals intheentireworld! So if you fancy bringing me some round I wouldn't say no :D

P.s. 2lbs off today :woohoo:

Hey honey!

Well done on the 2lbs thats excellent! How is your weekend going? xx

Afternoon all!

Well I am still waiting for the Asda man, lol he best turn up today. Having a lazy day today, had a terrible nights sleep and feeling a bit well just Bleugh.

Edit: As I typed that the Asda man turned up!

Food today has been:

Breakfast
Bacon Ciabatta (339)

Lunch
100g pasta with chorizo, courgette, red onion, tomatos and passata (441)

Tea
4 Discovery fajita with chicken, courgette, pepper and onion, 1/2 packet spice mix and salsa (671)
Mini calipo
Gu pudding

Total cals: 1995

Total: 1541

Last edited:
Weekend has been fun! And sober (which makes a change!!)

lunch today looked yummy! I went round to my parents and ended up cooking!!

Evening all!

Hope you all survived Monday! I did, also I GET MARRIED 8 Months today! Woop!!

Also my best friend and bridesmaid is coming down on 16th August and she hasn't seen my dress yet so I rang the place that has it and they said I could go try it on with her :) Really pleased I get to try it again!! Also has given me a little push to lose as much in 2 weeks as I can, be lovely if it fitted a little better :) Weigh in tomorrow and hoping i have at least shifted that 1lb gain last week.

Monday 29th July

Breakfast: 2 Hovis seeded with butter and jam (419)

Lunch: Ham sandwich with Hovis seeded, EL Laughing triangle instead of butter, strawberries, mango, pineapple and melon (405)

Tea: Waitrose breaded haddock with 140g Home made wedges and 1/2 can baked beans (565)

Total: 1389

Onwards and downwards!!

Evening all!

Hope you all survived Monday! I did, also I GET MARRIED 8 Months today! Woop!!

Also my best friend and bridesmaid is coming down on 16th August and she hasn't seen my dress yet so I rang the place that has it and they said I could go try it on with her :) Really pleased I get to try it again!! Also has given me a little push to lose as much in 2 weeks as I can, be lovely if it fitted a little better :) Weigh in tomorrow and hoping i have at least shifted that 1lb gain last week.

Monday 29th July

Breakfast: 2 Hovis seeded with butter and jam (419)

Lunch: Ham sandwich with Hovis seeded, EL Laughing triangle instead of butter, strawberries, mango, pineapple and melon (405)

Tea: Waitrose breaded haddock with 140g Home made wedges and 1/2 can baked beans (565)

Total: 1389

Onwards and downwards!!

8 months will fly! How lovely that you get to try your dress again too!!

Do your best for 2 weeks and you will be a good few pound down which will be nice!

Food sounds lovely too! You enjoying cc too? Xx

8 months will fly! How lovely that you get to try your dress again too!!

Do your best for 2 weeks and you will be a good few pound down which will be nice!

Food sounds lovely too! You enjoying cc too? Xx

Evening!

It made my day that I get to try it on again :) given me a good thing to focus on, if I could lose maybe 4lbs that would be good, although I bet it makes no difference lol!

Enjoying the no pressure of cc, fits in better with busy lifestyle as can have what's in. As soon as had a wobble on ww or slimming world it could set me off, I feel more in control :)

Xx

Back