Wedding

jxquigle

Hi everyone

I'm on my second week of LT and finding it ok so far. I'd like to do it for as long as possible but I'm going to a friend's wedding next Friday and it won't go down well if I don't eat anything and don't toast the bride and groom! What's the best way of dealing with this? should I eat something small on Thursday before the wedding or should i just eat and drink very small amounts at the wedding and then restart TFR the next day? If I do that will it be like starting over?

Any advice greatfully received!
Thanks, J

Maybe you can take sparkling water to toast with? if its a sit down meal just eat the meat and vegtables? least that way you won't be taken out of ketosis but still enjoy it.

From a ketosis point of view carrots & any root veggies will take you out of ketosis, stay away from bread, potatoes, the soup & gravy these will have some sort of filler like flour added to bulk them up. Obviously stay away from the dessert aswell. Stick to sparkling water if possible, without the lemon/lime as citric acid will stall things.
So that leaves you with a small amount of meat without gravy & any veg that doesn't involve root veggies. So you can have cauliflower, greens, brocolli etc.
Hope you stick to it.
If you have a feeling you are going to fall off the wagon just keep thinking of what it took to get into ketosis and how you will sabotage things if you go off the rail.
Best of luck :)

Like everyone has said, just stick to sparkling water with no lime or lemon, n only eat protein n u will b fine. Enjoy the wedding.
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was at a wedding reception last nite stayed away from the buffet and had glasses of water! A wee cup of tea later on!! Had a ball danced all nite and the best thing was no waiting on a taxi home!!! Woke this morning fresh as a daisy can't say the same for the others lol!

As the other say about food try and stick to the meat do you no what the meal is? You could eat sumin during the meal and take your shake with you and have it in the evening to keep you away from the nibbles as I find them the hardest not to eat!

If you eat all the meal try not and stress about and just start again on the shakes the following day! Good luck and have a ball xo

I love the not having to get taxis!! that and no hangovers have to be a major plus to this diet!! hehe!

Yes I would stick to sort of "atkins" style food if possible!! Meat and green veg/salad!! Try to sit next to a vegetarian!! Swap your potatoes and veg for their meat!! hehe!!!

j xxx

Back