Wednesday home weigh-in

Welcome twinkle!!

I've lost 0.1kg but if round to the nearest 0.5 pounds it's a sts

Guess the white wine and hazelnut blondie cake from the m&s dine in for a tenner deal didn't help...

Thanks Krupskaya, Lovehatecarbs & Dreamaholic :D

I haven't weighed in yet, will do it later, but am wondering if morning might be a better time (I'm usually really busy), if I get up a couple of minutes earlier? What do you all find?
I've done a couple of 'Fish' weeks, and have had fairly good results. Hope to be the same again this week, but am getting a little fed up of fish twice a day, may cut down to one and enjoy something else, until I find losses slowing that is ;)
@MommyNOriana Hope you're feeling better ;)

Thanks Krupskaya, Lovehatecarbs & Dreamaholic :D

I haven't weighed in yet, will do it later, but am wondering if morning might be a better time (I'm usually really busy), if I get up a couple of minutes earlier? What do you all find?
I've done a couple of 'Fish' weeks, and have had fairly good results. Hope to be the same again this week, but am getting a little fed up of fish twice a day, may cut down to one and enjoy something else, until I find losses slowing that is ;)
@MommyNOriana Hope you're feeling better ;)

I always weigh first thing in the morning. I think the best way is to pick a time of day to WI and always stick to that so you get a consistent indication of your losses. Good luck!

Hi can I join in pls I weigh at home because the things going on in life at mo stop me going to a meeting. Restarted couple of weeks ago, not doing too bad weighed in this mornin an have lost 2 lb so quite happy :D How do you cope with stress and wanting to comfort eat? Pls help dont want to spoil what I have done.

I always weigh first thing in the morning. I think the best way is to pick a time of day to WI and always stick to that so you get a consistent indication of your losses. Good luck!

Thanks Krupskaya ;)
I think you're doing really well :D

Aw thanks twinkle!

Hi Tarty - welcome aboard! Re snacking, I'd say try to pick healthier options - fruit and veg for example. Other than that try to distract yourself by treating yourself to non foodie things - manicure/pedicure/long soak in the bath etc etc. Pick out a non food reward for a 100% week too. I put £5 in a jar for every pound I lose. The money is piling up nicely and I intend to buy new clothes with it when I'm nearer to target.

Emotional eating/comfort eating is a really tough issue though. What you can ask yourself is 'am I really hungry?' to identify times when you comfort eat. Then try to console yourself in other ways because as has been said 'if hunger isn't the problem then food isn't the answer'. To be honest though comfort eating is a problem a lot of us have and there are no easy answers...There's a stickie in the off topic section called 'food addicts not anonymous' which is all about this issue. It's worth a read, especially so you know you're not alone.

Keep posting and good luck!

Last edited:
Hi can I join in pls I weigh at home because the things going on in life at mo stop me going to a meeting. Restarted couple of weeks ago, not doing too bad weighed in this mornin an have lost 2 lb so quite happy :D How do you cope with stress and wanting to comfort eat? Pls help dont want to spoil what I have done.

Hi Tarty :welcome:
I'm still pretty new to all this myself but if I feel stressed and want to 'comfort eat' :drool: I have a large drink of water and try to relax and/or I eat fruit which is sweet but not going to sabotage my efforts.
Most 'cravings' do only last minutes tho. I learnt that when I gave up smoking 6 years ago, (and when I put my excess weight on :eek:).
I'm sure others here will have more practical advice ;)
Wishing you luck and sending you good vibes to get through your stresses :vibes:
x

I put £5 in a jar for every pound I lose. The money is piling up nicely and I intend to buy new clothes with it when I'm nearer to target. Good luck!

What a good idea krupskaya :worthy: Think I'll start doing that ;)
x

Thx I am tryin although I think my stress will get worse before it gets better :cry: one day at a time! An good luck to all.

Hi Tarty

Oh sweeite, it's such a shame your going through a tough time as well as trying to lose weight, but you're among friends and you can always unload on here :grouphugg:
x

Hi Tarty

Oh sweeite, it's such a shame your going through a tough time as well as trying to lose weight, but you're among friends and you can always unload on here :grouphugg:
x

I second that Tarty. It's hard to focus on losing weight when you're stressed out so well done hun. Hang on in there ((((Big Hugs to you))))xxx

Well I can't complain I must say - another 3lbs bites the dust! Yippee!
Only 2 left to get to my first mini goal. Then I will aim for another 10% loss.
Happy happy :D
Celebrating with fresh strawberries & blackberries alongside a sliced banana & some thawed mixed fruit. Cheers!
x

Well done twinkletoes2day!

Having probs with my son and school long story but the school seem to be avoiding my calls and wont return them. Bit frustrating to say the least :sigh:

Well done twinkletoes2day!

Having probs with my son and school long story but the school seem to be avoiding my calls and wont return them. Bit frustrating to say the least :sigh:

Thanks Tarty ;)
Sorry to hear about current probs. Is there anyway you can get to the school and demand to speak to someone or at least get them to agree a meeting appointment?
X

hey everyone,

i'm back for good now. Had baby Katie 13 days ago (had great weight loss last week :D).

1lb off this week, but not been on plan so hoping for a good week next week!

hey everyone,

i'm back for good now. Had baby Katie 13 days ago (had great weight loss last week :D).

1lb off this week, but not been on plan so hoping for a good week next week!

Pleased to meet you Donzy84 & many congratulations :553:
And a HUGE :welcome2: to baby Katie :angel:
May you never need the use of a site like this little lady.
You did really well not having too much 'baby weight' Donzy84 :D Your first babba?
All the best :wavey:
x

Congratulations Donzy and well done Twinkletoes!

Well done krupskaya! Well done too Dreamaholic - don't round it off every little bit helps us stay motivated.

Welcome to our new friends - this is a great forum!!

I boredom eat more than comfort eat!

I weighed at home for the first time yesterday as I'm sick of paying £5 to get weighed at class, cos I never stay.

Anyway, lost another 2lb this week so I'm pleased with that :)

Back