Wednesday

Hules

Silver Member
Sooo, how's everyone doing? I've been at work all day which means I'm pooped, but only had to eat what I took with me. Now though, IIII-mmmmmuuuusst-beee-strooonngg!!!!!!!!!! I've had a packet of crisps and a slightly stale ww angel cake since I got in and must resist more as I want chilli for tea.

Weigh in tomorrow and I really want to have lost 2lbs, though it's looking like a pound so far this week.

Did you get to the gym Lorny hun?

Hell yeah!!! I didn't do a lot though, I was aching from Brighton yesterday and I don't want to overdo myself too much while I get into it. Then I went to mother's to do her hair and my sister's; there was a packet of choccie biccies in the cupboard, but I ignored them! I also took my own lunch to eat there, which was pasta and herby white sauce, and a bit of salad. After drinking my dinner shake tonight, I'll have six points left. I know I need to eat them for the diet to work properly. I have some Pretzel Flipz I bought yesterday, which are those American things. I can have 7 for 3 points, which I might do, and then save the last three points to make up a bit for that ice cream yesterday!

How have you been, Hules?

Atta girl!!! Getting there is half the battle :) And fab for avoiding those biscuits too, it's funny how sometimes you can just ignore them and sometimes you can't resist! Well done for being strong xx

My day's been okay, busy, but okay. Just making chilli now with tonnes of veg and a bit of mince (hubby won't be happy but he'll cope!) and will have it with a jacket spud (yummy). Other than that not much to report.

I've been thinking about my prom next year, trying to work out the best case and worst case scenarios for weight loss. I'd love to go in and knock 'em dead, and I'm wondering whether six stone is asking too much for one year. Though, I've seen other people's posts in the forum and they've started at my point, and want to be seven stone by March next year. I'm not sure how doable it is, but it makes my goal seem soooo much easier to get to! I know I don't look good under 9st, cuz all my weight comes off my face and I look all gaunt. Is six stone doable in a year?

I think 6 is totally doable if you really go for it. I've previously lost 3 stones in 5 months. I think it's a great goal! Even if you didn't quite make it you could make quite a dent and look amazing :) !

I look odd under 10 it's in my face too so I know what you mean.

I think I need a target. I want to go abroad for my jollies next year and would really like to be slim for that.

I want to go abroad too, I'd love to be able to wear a bikini top again without feeling too crap! That would be what my 'maintaining' would be for, after reaching my goal, if I get there for the prom. I figured that if I lost 60lbs between now and then, which is 40lbs off my target, and about 1lb a week for the most part, I'd be 12st 2lb, which would be 1st 3lb smaller than what I was for the last prom I went to with the college.

I'd love to feel tiny though, and be getting on for 10st. It would be freakin' awesommmmme! To be fair though, 12st would be tiny compared to what I am now, considering I would be 4st lighter! I actually have a photo of myself at 12st-something, and I don't think I look too bad, I think I was around a big 14. I've been looking at my 11st photos and getting annoyed at myself for letting myself balloon. I looked fantastic, yet I never saw it at the time!

I want to go abroad too, I'd love to be able to wear a bikini top again without feeling too crap! That would be what my 'maintaining' would be for, after reaching my goal, if I get there for the prom. I figured that if I lost 60lbs between now and then, which is 40lbs off my target, and about 1lb a week for the most part, I'd be 12st 2lb, which would be 1st 3lb smaller than what I was for the last prom I went to with the college.

I'd love to feel tiny though, and be getting on for 10st. It would be freakin' awesommmmme! To be fair though, 12st would be tiny compared to what I am now, considering I would be 4st lighter! I actually have a photo of myself at 12st-something, and I don't think I look too bad, I think I was around a big 14. I've been looking at my 11st photos and getting annoyed at myself for letting myself balloon. I looked fantastic, yet I never saw it at the time!

Ahh what's done is done honey, you can't keep beating yourself up over it, you just need to do something about it. You need to use the pics as inspiration to push you along. 1lb a week is a realistic target with the potential to up it with exercise etc. This time next year you could be there and if not quite, very near! Feeling amazing in that prom dress.

I fall off all the time, I feel so fab when I'm slim and exercising, I can't understand why I self destruct. I was 11st is a couple of years ago for my brother's wedding and felt really nice, comfortable. Wedding over, good habits went out the window and weight was back on within 5 months. All that hard work! I'm back to visit them in October and really don't relish the idea of their friends seeing me several stones plumper, if anything I'd like too look even better ! :p

This time I want to get there and stay there. I did the first time round before I got married, I maintained for 18 months before I put the 4st back on when I had my kids. Haven't got below 11 really since but I like it when I do. This time I want to get there and stay there.

You WILL get there too hun! X

Why do we do it to ourselves, eh? The struggle to get weight off is completely undone by a few weeks of excessive eating. Then it seems to take even longer the second time round. I know what you mean about not wanting people to see a bigger you. I went back to uni last October about two or three stone heavier, then I ended up putting on more since. Last summer I was 13st odd and in three or so weeks ended up down to 12st 7lb, I didn't keep it up though! I was so embarrassed to show up looking how I did. One of my lecturers is so rude about larger people too, and made me feel worse around him! He's pulled a few fat jokes on me too. I know he means it in jest, cuz he has a beer belly too, but it still got to me, you know? I also had a customer at work ask if he could leave his Zimmer frame at the main desk with me. He made a joke about not using it, so I replied that I'd try not too. He then went serious and said "I'm about to be rude now, but seriously, there's a weight limit on it." I swear, the ground couldn't swallow me sooner. Ugh, I just don't want to be conscious of my weight anymore, and the only way is to lose this fat!

Well, I think the customer was way out of order, just telling you he's going to be rude does not make it okay. It's like those that say 'I'm not tyring to hurt your feelings, but...' and then go right ahead and do it anyway! And your lecturer sound like one of those people that stomp on people to make others laugh and like him. Not very nice either. There's absolutely no need for it, we could all go round making comments, no-one's perfect, but we don't because it's just not nice! You'll show 'em hun, you will be slimmer but they will still be unkind!!

I'm currently sitting here, post run, still bright red, putting off weighing in. I've been 100% this week, but I don't think the scales have moved :( I'm thinking an overhaul on the snacks is in order. Also going to have a liquids challenge and see if I can up them. Water is okay and I can drink a litre or so, though will try to drink more and then make it up with squash (which is what I usually drink - don't like tea, coffee, fizzies etc.).

I love coffee, but I gave myself an extreme overdose throughout the last couple of weeks of uni, and I was sooo ill. I have to blimmin' limit myself to a couple cups of the regular stuff, and live off decaff, like a saddo! Trust that the scales WILL move! They may not show the result you want this week, but remember, you said you hadn't been 100% last week; you'll be paying for last week's extra calories this week, but you'll reap the rewards of how good you've been this week, next week! Phew, did I get that right? I try not to snack, only when I need to! :rolleyes: Instead, I try to have my main meal at lunch time, which means I'm full for the afternoon, rather than trying to eat something like a sammich to last the whole afternoon til dinner, which isn't fooling anyone.

I try not to snack, only when I need to! :rolleyes: Instead, I try to have my main meal at lunch time, which means I'm full for the afternoon, rather than trying to eat something like a sammich to last the whole afternoon til dinner, which isn't fooling anyone.

Hmmm that's a good idea. I break up for Summer next week so I think I'll try to do that, I definitely fare better when I'm full in the day, however sarnies are all I have time to fit in at the mo.

As for the loss, you're probably right. I guess I'll go face the music.....

And I'll dance. :D

How was ittttttt?

A pound yay! Right, can't be doing with a piffily pound a week, I'll never be slim for my hols! So upping my game!

Like I said in the other post, a pound is still a loss! Although you're right, you'll never get that bikini bod with such measly offerings. Let's do thisssss!

My work colleague is doing the PP version, and has lost the equivalent of 1lb a week for the last 9 weeks. That just wouldn't do me at all. That is exactly why the discover is so good; if everyone has 29 points to start (well, everyone from two stone below to two stone above had them points), and everyone gets 40 points to play with each week, of course you'll lose weight at the same rate a tree grows.

So, what are your plans to up your game? I'm off to work later, and since the gym is a ten minute walk up the road, I'll get to the gym for about 2, then spend some time working slowly, doing some walking/low intensity running, cuz I still need to break myself in for a couple weeks. Not only that, I don't want my weight to come down too heavy and sprain a limb. :D

Thanks hun,

If you're doing running, you can't go far wrong with the C25K programme (even at the gym). It starts reeeeaallly slowly and you could always repeat weeks twice.

I've been at work too so not really thought about it, I will do some planning/targets tonight.

Back