Step 1 Sole Source Week 1 - 13lbs down!

Lovette84

Hi all,

After losing a whopping 27kilos (4st 25) in 2012 am back at it in 2017 with a start weight of 82kg trying to get down to 60kg.

I miss doing the diet in the UK because the CDC offers support and weekly weigh ins....in Sweden you just meet them to pick up your packs and go do it yourself.

This forum offered me so much support when i first did the diet in 2012 and it went so fast....because i had so much to lose. So am posting here in the hope that I can find some new buddies to do this together with.

• I started on the 7th of July doing ss+ then on Sunday i moved on to step 1.
  • My BMI is overweight at 28.1 and my first weigh in will be this sunday.
Is there anyone staring at my weight or with similar goals?

Last edited:
Here are some images of my losses last time.
I will post below my starting weight currently.

I maybe forgot to add above as well that one of the biggest reason am looking to lose is because am a youtuber/public personality in Sweden and social media person :( which means my weight has been under some big scrutiny. And despite going through a lot of online bullying the tail end of last year and beginning of this year after i released my book (being referred to miss piggy in chat groups) it lead me to some MAJOR comfort eating and cutting myself from the outside.

I feel very motivated to get back my bubbly personality and stop being so stuck and locked in a body that I no longer recognize.
I printed the images below and posted them on my fridge.

Attachments

• fat 2.JPG
    fat 2.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 52
  • fat1.JPG
    fat1.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 53
  • fat3.JPG
    fat3.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 51
  • fat4.JPG
    fat4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 52
This is me now.....I know it probably doesn't look big but trust me when I say that walking up two flights of stairs leaves me out of breath and sweating. Am embarrassed and thank god for makeup so I can leave the house.

Attachments

• fat50.JPG
    fat50.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 34
Hey you found it,

Soz have been a bit busy today, currently sitting outside daughters piano teachers house while she has her lesson lol...

Well what can I say, you look amazing!! But you're heard here. I'm exactly the same. On a journey to loose all I've gained.

Well done for your last loss and keeping so much off from 5 years ago.

We're all looking to know your story and hope you'll stay with us till journeys end. I'm coming up to week 4 wi tomorrow night. With my sneaky looks, I don't look to have lost much if anything. Here's hoping at least a lb.. but heigh if nothing I know other than the odd bit of chicken, yesterday I've been good. Nothing sinister has passed my lips so prob just a stall. To date have lost 15.5lbs and looking for a total loss of 6 stones.

Anyway, I'll be here a very long time summer hols have started and seem to be doing well so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I don't want to jink myself.

I think the plan has changed since you were last on it. The calories have increased by 150 if you're under 5'8" and 200 cals if your 5'8" and over.

So even though they say it doesn't make a difference. Yes it does but they had to follow EU regulations.. urgh..

How've you been today

xxx

Wow! Your current loss is inspiring! And big congrats on your four week mark! I can't wait to get there too!

Thank you for replying...I was looking for a way of deleting my post but couldn't find it am elated to have read your post and encouragement.

Today has been good to be day 2 on some source and my mom has been a great cheerleader spurring me and my brother on. He has already lost 22kg (starting at 122kg)

I just took pictures of my current weight and it looks worse than when I started. I ended up in tears of anger and had my last shake before curling in bed to sleep.

TBH I don't know either how I kept off 15kg considering the year I've had ....but to the naked eye I look much worse this time around with more jiggle and cellulite than I thought my body could create.

I have more motivation to keep it going after seeing that.

Ps. With the changes does that mean I have to now take 4 shakes instead of 3?

Am just taking 3 at the moment like last time but I just noticed the porridge is now 200kcal and the vanilla is 160kcal and if I remember right it was lower last time I was on it.

Please do let me know where I'm the forum I can read about this. And does it mean I'll lose less than last time?

Sorry about all the questions ❤️

Last edited:
Hey Lovett

Firstly why would you delete your posts. But if you want to., email the administrator or click on any post you put up and press edit and just takeaway what you want or change or delete the lot.

For your brother, wow.. 22kgs lost. He's my hero !!! That's amazing. I have a total of 38 to lose, have another 31 to go...

With cellulite, I've actually noticed because I'm just having water, mine has actually reduced considerably. Which is brilliant so you will prob see the same after a while.

If you're over 5'8 it's 4 products .. but if your cc said have 3 so be it. You won't find anything about the changes as the people of CWP don't want to emphasise they have increased calories they've been conditioned to repeat in a monotone manner it's ok makes no difference.. it's not rocket science even my simple brain can suss out more calories in products mean less losses ....

err they have a business to run after all.

But all is not lost, yes it was 450 and 600 a day before so as long as your consultant says 3 is fine you'll be ok. It may just take a little longer to lose the weight. It's coming off steadily so that's the main thing.

Either way we know the plan works it may just take a bit longer.. but with more cals we should stay on track better. They changed it a year ago, so what your brother is doing.

xxx

@SummerChic i was just having a moment of regret and wanted to remove it but I have decided to leave it up as it holds me accountable :) I am 168cm so I am only allowed 3 products a day....and am noticing that it isnt as fast as the last time i did the diet...ie there are more calories involved and i guess am not so big as the first time as i did it so it will be slower.

Well my brother isn't on the diet he is just gymming with my mom 6 days a week and reducing his eating portions and he is doing great! But...he is male, athletic and only 16 years old so I reckon his metabolism is very different from mine. But am so proud of him on his fight against obesity.

Day 3 on ss for me and am more determined than ever to reach the 70's by the end of this week. Bought scales yesterday and a measuring tape and took measurements :oops:.

I have restarted this diet and stopped 3 times the past year.... this time it seems like the determination and reality has sunk in and am doing it without overthinking it.

Currently TOTM and any other day that would be the first reason I fall off the wagon but am not going to let it! when the day is over i just tidy the house, fill up my water bottles and head to bed watching Buffy the vampire slayer haha.

How are you doing today? What has kept you so motivated?

Last edited:
Day 3 on SS
(started by doing SS+ for 3 days before switching to SS)

My colleagues are in the kitchen having a break with coffee and biscuits so i decided to run to the pharmacy and get some Ketostix and test whether I am in Ketosis or not.
Just did the test and YESSS am in Ketosis aka the fat burning phase. I didnt take a pic of my own but it looks exactly like the attached image.

Started the day by weighing myself and the scales show a 2kg loss (4.4lbs). I made the mistake of weighing myself last night after 4.5litres of water and three shakes and it showed 82kg :( so ill be weighing in the mornings instead.
Next weigh in will be on Sunday at 11am.....Am really crossing my fingers and toes that ill be in the 70kgs..... Last time i did the diet i was down 8lbs the first week so hoping for similar losses but i definitely wouldn't mind seeing the 70's on the scale even if its 79.99kg haha.

I took photos of myself in front of the mirror and was appalled....i saved the images on my phone and hopefully once i reach my goal weight of 60 kilos it wont hurt as much looking at it.

Its also my TOTM so am hoping its not too much to ask to be in the 70kgs.

Have stuck to my 3 shakes and 3-4liters of water since last sunday. Mini pat on the back for me.

Attachments

• ketostix.jpg
    ketostix.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi Lovett,

I'm glad you didn't delete your posts either, an I agree with you, overthinking on this diet can have a negative impact on progressing with the plan. I've had about 3 or 4 false starts from earlier this year when recommended to me by my cousin. Something clicks and you just get on with it.

I'm like you. I am on the plan I know it's going to work and I'm at the same time focusing what I'll do to manage once I reach goal.

I was good before my weight gain so I know I have to remember enforce and condition myself to only look at clean eating. Once at goal, I'll have to do what I really hate and exercise regularly to keep my body strong and healthy.

I know now that I've started I want to be able
To wear my clothes, and chuck out all the ones I've had to by in the last couple of years.

I'm not going to think about any medical issues I have eg under active thyroid etc. I just have to work a little longer. Just like others may have to work harder at things that I'm able to do a little easier.

The real true reason to staying slim. Is generally eating small amounts per day, if your body is in ketosis then anyone can manage on less calories like we're doing now.

Of course we can say? Will just have that roll, that Pizza those chips. I am conditioning myself that those foods are the enemy.

I have seriously indulged myself in the last 2 years. I could afford to as I wasn't over weight. I did have control of my eating. I did look at anything that I would describes as empty calories as would not passing my lips.

Then I had a life challenge. I've had many of those and just got on with life as I didn't let them affect me, but this particular one threw me where I'm still suffering the fallout.

So I thought I've always been good, I'm going to eat whatever rubbish I want. So I did. I ate, and drank, and ate, and drank I didn't stop. I thought I've been so disciplined I'm going to let go. I carried on in my dispair to try and forget about what was going on around me...

I ate until I'd gained a whopping 6 stones. I kinda haphazardly made attempts to lose some pounds, but I didn't care, I was more than happy to get bigger and bigger. Also possibly body blindness. I was just eat eat eat. Gawd everything just started to taste of cardboard.

I still have these challenging things to contend with. Can't go into detail suffice a million legal reasons why I can't.

So here I am now 31 kg over weight as my goal too is 60kg although 58 or 59 preferable.

So I know like you how easy it can be to use food as a crutch. But when you work hard, losing weight and every pound has been like your battling a war. If I celebrate each and every pound that I lose, I will respect the enormous effort which went into losing that pound. If I don't have respect for it, that's when I could fall of the wagon and be a glutton and regain the weight.

If I can't enjoy the sheer hard work, commitment, tear everything I've gone through to lose this weight. I won't respect moving forward in a healthy way. How gorging on food could be the end result.

Once I'm done to my goal. I will have to retrain myself to a little derivation is not a bad thing. I can eat, but self control needs to kick in. If I want something then a mouthful or two of something is enough.

I'd go for dinner with friends, say 4 of us, meals these days are so big, so easily order 2 starters to share and 2 main meals to share between 4, order size plates and you're enjoying company and not over eating, clean eating following the 5:2 or 4:3 plan.

Bfn woke up so dozing off to sleep

xxx

Starting Day four!
Felt a bit low upon waking up and stayed an extra half hour in bed watching morning tv.
Last night before going to sleep i weighed myself even though i said i wouldnt and it showed 79kilos....this was at 10pm after my three shakes and 4 litres of water so i remained sceptical.

Once i stepped out of bed this morning I stepped on the scales and it shows 78kilos!!!! Am off to work now and i must say that am: Feeling really motivated to continue!

Last edited:
@SummerChic

I completely hear ya! Retraining the brain to eat right and to eat when hungry is essential because getting fat doesn't just happen overnight....i piled and piled on testing faith whilst thinking that i would walk it off the next day etc etc.

My only saving grace is that i still went to the gym at 6am in the morning whilst indulging so i burned off some of the calories but not nearly enough.
My last year was hectic in more ways than i can describe but releasing my first book, losing friends, gaining enemies and a success i couldn't have imagined led me to depression.... That sounds so stupid! How could success make a person depressed...but it happens.

Over time i gained weight to 75kilos and thought to hell with it i still looked ok. I started following lots of body positivity pages on social media and seeing these amazing women bare it all at 14 stones and upwards and convinced myself that that could be me as well...happy at any weight. I still love seeing those pages and still comment encouragingly to them but personally for me....I cant be happy when my BMI is high, when my body feels foreign to me, when i struggle with simple tasks, my feet hurt whenever i wear my nice shoes, i cant perform as well at the gym as i used to.

I am now drawing the line and trying to find my happier self one day at a time.
This plan removes the food issue from my plate and if am honest every single time I have done the diet before i always caved on day two and had to have several mini restarts before getting it right. This time around something has clicked....something is making me face up to the reality of what i have done to my body and i cant hide behind my four walls anymore.

We can do this! and We will do this Summerchic!

Stay strong and i hope you are having an awesome day <3

Awe Lovett,

Yup, hear it, some people just seem to have an inbuilt selfish Button, they just can't be happy for anyone other than themselves. And wobetide the neighbour who may be prettier or more successful etc etc. Some of these people can't help but enjoy the angst they become, toxic as hell and best to stay away from them. So they've actually done you a favour.

It's a huge shock to the system anyone especially those you believed you are close to can do such a thing. Those who are meant to have your back, they're are those who will just never be happy for you, some are just selfish and can't be happy for anyone just bitter, but harmless. You don't really give them a second thought. But those who were meant to have your back. Well they truly stab it. You will get through it as you're getting through everyday until you reach goal.

You have your mum and your brother and hopefully at least one close friend who stayed by your side. But you definitely have us lady so all good

xxx

@SummerChic indeed less friends is sometimes more. My life is less hectic which means looking over my own behaviour these days. How has your day been?

Day 4 update:
It's 6pm and the day has absolutely dragged on. I am in ketosis but I feel very tired.

Met with my consultant and picked up my products for the next two weeks! Continuing 3 packs a day for the next three weeks and if I haven't gotten into the mid 60kg range then I'll continue sole source for another three weeks.

Today I'll be tucking in pretty early and right now am taking a short break before going into the kitchen and mixing my body butter that helps me keep stretch marks at bay. Then I'll be doing a face mask and heading into bed by nine.

It's been an okay day albeit a long one.

Ps. My consultant was really lovely but was herself 40kg overweight which brought my mind back to planning what my eating habits will be when I finish this diet...I think I'll be heading back to being a vegan. I can't bear the thought of losing all this weight and having to gain it all back :(

Goodnight good folks and wishing you all a great day on this Cambridge journey. ❤️

Hey Lovett,

Durrr, yesterday I was toooo shattered to even post, what's up with that. It's the last week and a bit left beforw DD breaks up for summer. Some kids have broken up already but mine DD's school has given us parents a bit of a headache, between things to bake, bring in to school, urgh... exhausted.

but yesterday went same as, I'm into week 5 and so used to the routine now I don't really think about the plan anymore. Clearly I won't be doing any cheats, haven't to date and the ones I have i.e. a bit of grilled chicken and the odd boiled egg now and then are good cheats.

I'm actually a saddo and enjoying the plan. Yup... how sad am I. I don't normally like chocolate but seriously loving my chocolate mousse and the tetra packs. In fact everything I have I love. I usually get through my packs and struggle with my 4th, so as now just have a bar before bed, it's a treat, like all my products and I've had all 4.

Once you've that first week under your belt you'll be the same. And I know re the consultant thing, my first was seriously overweight. Had done the plan for around 4 months 3 years ago. Not the best advertisement...

Have an awesome day

xxx

@SummerChic you are no saddo for liking the plan and if you are then i will be a proud saddo to join you in liking the strict structure it gave me!
You are superwoman doing what you are doing and caring for your family and keeping all those balls up in the air. I applaud you from one woman to another and so glad to have your company on this journey.

Week five...i still cant get over how far into the diet you have come!!! surviving one week with no cheats is more than i even though my willpower could handle so you are smashing this diet!

the last consultants i spoke to over the phone over here dont do the tetras currently or the mousse mix....So i dont think that i could do it unless i contact a consultant in the UK to post it to me here. :( I would really love to have a mousse at some point. And you are so lucky with your height that you can have 4 shakes.....in my head that song keeps playing in my head (i wish i was a little taller...i wish i was a baller haha).

Let em know how you get on later in the day lovely <3

Last edited:
Cambridge Weightplan Day Five!!!! - Have I lasted this long?

Last night was a toughie for me...was really tired but couldn't sleep when i went to bed. I had had all three shakes and 4 liters of water but my stomach was not having it at all!!!
This would be a perfect time for me to scramble up something or go to the supermarket and get some food....but i emptied my fridge and freezer into the garbage before starting this diet and thank god for that because that little voice crept up "come on you can have something since you have been so good" but the bigger brain said "excuse me? she has been indulging in that behavior for so long and look where it got her...? FAT and Miserable"

My consultant had given me 2 packs of the summer berries limited edition smoothie shakes and a lemon cambridge bar. I knew I needed to chew and was craving something kinda sweet (TOTM) so I chopped the bar up in 10 pieces and ate 4 pieces last night with an additional half litre of water and went to bed. I wonder if that will mess up my ketosis???? eeek.

Woke up at 4am this morning meaning i probably only had 4 hours pf sleep (sweaty sleep by the way),
The catch is... i was not grumpy or tired when i woke up. I had a bit of spring in my step so i got up and cleaned my entire flat and my makeup collection. Got a cup of peppermint tea and half a liter of water and watched loose women on youtube.

Since I cant drink black coffee and don't want to waste half a vanilla shake each time i drink a cup of coffee i got caffeine pills from my local drug store...each tablet is a little less than a cup of coffee and i took that with my morning tea to get me up and running for work.

Before showeringa nd doing my makeup I then i did my morning weigh in and the scales showed........wait on it.....77.6kilos!!!!!!! So my journey started at 82kg and the scales are at almost 5 kilos down. Am a happy chicken and am so desperately hoping that i have even more energy by tomorrow which is day six. I am constantly watching Dual Dynamics on you tube and he has several success stories where you can follow some of his Cambridge clients from their first meetings down to when they lose all their weight. Its some serious transformations and that somehow keeps me motivated into my day.

Am now at work....one litre of water down and by 10/11 i will have my first shake of the day.

Good luck anyone on the diet who is reading this and if you are on day five or your first week dont hesitate to write me a message below and let me know how you are getting on.
<3

Start of Day 6

So Last night i cleaned my house thoroughly and went into the bedroom and lit some scented candles, changed bedsheets, lit up my room humidifier with nice eucalyptus scents, laid out my most comfortable pyjamas and my new book on my kindle.
Then i proceeded to mix up a batch of my body butter that helps me minimise stretch marks and put on a facemask. After showering i had my last porridge combined with a liter of water and snuggled into my girl cave to read instaed of watching tv which doesnt help me fall asleep really.

I woke up this morning and weighed in at 77.2kilos which is a step in the right direction. If i can get into 77/76 kilos that would have meant my first week was a bangin one with a whooping 5 kilo loss. But i know the weekend is going to be a challenge for me....so am just staying motivated and hoping i can continue staying on track with Sole source. Having gone through teh hunger stage which is subsiding i dont really want to eat anything that will throw me off the plan so am packing my water and shakes and my new books and heading to the park most of the day to read and relax in the. Its times like these that am so happy to be single and no kids....I dont think i could do this if i had to look after other people simultaneously.

Its been a challenging but great week.

Lovett

You are doing so darn well lady. Most inspiring I wonder if it's because you've been gymming it. That would make sense as larger muscle mass burns more fat.

So I need to build up my muscle with strength exercises with my last 2 stones that I need to lose.

Thanks for the reminder

Night

xxx

@SummerChic hello there!
I have not been gymming since I started sole source. But since I did a fair amount of weight lifting a good 6 months before the diet I think that helps a lot.

Unfortunately I fell ill last night, after my third shake I got dizzy and nauseous and threw everything up. It didn't subside until this morning and it's all down to the so called "kept flu" I feel much better today though but stayed in bed just in case.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so I will check in and update the first week weigh in stats. Then I'll probably only log in here very sporadically since I joined the Cambridge 100 group on fb which also provides a lot of info and endless support! Come and join if you are on fb.

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 10
Back