Week 1 Back on DC

bryal99

Started back on DC on Friday 30/03/2012. Need to lose a few stone. Managed to lose 3 stone on DC a few years ago so giving it ago again. This time I am self sourcing from Waitrose and Sainsbury's. I will be posting my progress on here. Day 4 today and 4lbs down so far.

Hi Laura, that's a great start! I've been very impressed with Diet Chef, having started mid-January. I've lost almost 2 stone since then cos I find the meals really easy to get on my plate quickly (when I get home from work and I'm hungry!) and I like most of the food I've got from Diet Chef. What will you be buying from Sainsbury's? I usually shop there and have found the Nairns biscuits which are the Diet Chef snack biscuits.

Wow, goingforit, you'll create a run on those meals just like happened with the fuel last week!! Are they the same as Diet Chef, just different packaging? I'd like to try some different ones in that case. I guess they're not in the chiller section but just on the shelves (there's a huge Asda near me and finding anything's a challenge!!)? I may pop in this week so thanks for the tip.

They are near where olive oil etc is in the one I go to. funny thing is they are priced at 1.99 but actually scan at £1. It says £1 on their website too. Maybe just scan 1 first and then see. That's why I bought loads, before they go back to the higher price.

They are low in calories but a bit higher than diet chef. You can tell that they make diet chef stuff though, however the look what we found meals are nicer. They probably have more fat in. The chicken tikka is 341 cals I think, so a bit more than dc, but the extra tastiness is worth it. I've been having it poured over salad instead of having rice. It tastes like a proper curry.
The meatball ones taste like the ones from a subway meatball marinara!
The chilli, and bolognese are about 200 cals each

Im gonna go back n get more at some point.

Nom :)

Thanks goingforit - I will definitely have to pop into Asda and take a look. I notice they're highly rated by people going camping and out to sea as I guess they're convenient for that!

When I get to my target weight (not sure what that is at the moment) I plan to weigh myself every week so I can at least keep on track and the pounds don't start to creep back on. And it's good to know Diet Chef or LWWF are around to help at times if needed! Mind you, I am looking forward to having my takeaway curry again I have to admit! And when I'm closer to my target, I'll sure have one!! In the meantime, I'm trying to avert my eyes from all the Easter chocolate goodies whenever I pop to the supermarket!

Think I'll go stock up on them while they are on offer

Popped into Asda before work and found the WWWF display. Despite it being a huge Asda Walmart, the variety of WWWF meals was quite limited. Some were £1 (eg. meatballs), the soup (pea, apple and mint ... had it at lunch today and it was pretty good!) was £1.89 and some dinners (eg. chicken casserole) were £2.49!! I bought about 10 packs as they're always useful to have in the cupboard! Thanks for the tip.

Back