Week 1, day 6, trying hard not to cave!

Oops

[FONT=&quot]Hi, Jan/Feb 09 Lost 23.5lb then stopped, I really struggled, managed not to gain that weight through following my Weight Watchers diet. Having another go as none of my summer clothes will fit. This time round I've really tried to stay busy so that I don't cave. I really hope I have a really good 1st week weigh In, as I'm going to try my best not to cave before my birthday on the 20th May. I have sooooo much respect for all of your that have managed to get past 3 weeks, I hope I can. Went shopping today to keep busy and have now realised is that I could get skinny, but also make myself skint. Any advice for keeping busy without costing. Oops[/FONT]

Hiya oops the first week is he hardest youve done it before so you know it gets easier stick with it its worth it! if i was you id go out shopping without your purse just take a fiver! enough for parking and a coffee! good luck you can do it!
deb x

I have spent stupid amounts of money to keep me busy, I spent £100 on a cross trainer, £100 on a new mobile phone £30 on an ipod shuffle, £30 on clothes.This is between friday and today. I hope I get used to this diet so that I stop spending. I have been abit angry for the last few hours because I need something to chew..LT is making me think more about food as the days pass and im transfering this 'love' for food to anything else I can get my hands on:(

I find long hot baths help when it gets bad.. and some realy nice exfoiliator and moisturiser and oils in the bath.. you come out feeling great, relaxed and strengthened... dancing round the kitchen is another freebie lol.. always go out with very little in your purse, then you can shop with your head not your heart, and if there is something you have to have you have time to consider it and go back... I enjoy sitting down in a coffee shop having a black coffee and reading a good fashion magazine, like vogue.. gives me inspiration! And when things get really bad I do yoga breathing excerisizes.. In through the nose out through the mouth, deep breaths. they really help... and foody1.. a great way to get rid of the cravings is using a paul mckenna technique.. visualise the fod you are craving with hair from the barber shop floor sprinkled on it.. perhaps some cold beans, a rotton fried egg and a bit of fag ash.. the craving will soon go! And last of all, peppermint tea.. tis the blimmin cure for all ills on this diet.. gives you strength, helps your digestive system and rehydrates... hths... xxx

Hi oops, a great free thing is walking, i know it sounds boring, but pop on your ipod and get going, once you start you will be hooked, plus, great excuse to buy a cool tracksuit and new trainers! doh, sorry we're trying to save money!:p

Hi hun, good luck with your restart, I keep busy by doing lots of stuff around the house lol Ive also put loads of stuff on ebay to try and make some money for my new clothes :) x

I know the feeling.....now that size 14 dresses fit me, I trawled around Lakeside Friday night to see if there was anything else I fancied...I am not buying any skirts or trousers until I'm easily into a proper size 14. That's my goal, so I may not go down to 10stone 10lbs.

Great tips Tasha.....still got my Paul McKenna tapes from January!!! I understand the need to spend, tho! Now a size 14 dresses look divine on me! Best tip...leave your cards at home and just window-shop!

Window shopping is a must! I love people watching too. I nurse a coffe in starbucks and just sit and observe what is going on around me. It may seem daft, but really enjoy the 'me' time. Why not enrol on a course and try your hand at something you may have always wanted to do? There are loads of free courses available these days, maths & engllish to name but a few. Try learn direct. x

Hiya oops the first week is he hardest youve done it before so you know it gets easier stick with it its worth it! if i was you id go out shopping without your purse just take a fiver! enough for parking and a coffee! good luck you can do it!
deb x

Good thinking, thanks Deb for the advice. As the other option means I'll rum out of money for my Lipotrim!:)

I have spent stupid amounts of money to keep me busy, I spent £100 on a cross trainer, £100 on a new mobile phone £30 on an ipod shuffle, £30 on clothes.This is between friday and today. I hope I get used to this diet so that I stop spending. I have been abit angry for the last few hours because I need something to chew..LT is making me think more about food as the days pass and im transfering this 'love' for food to anything else I can get my hands on:(

I suppose on week 1 anything goes as long as we survive, I don't think my spending was a bad as yours. Good luck !:)

:grouphugg:
A big thank you for all of your advice from baths, to Window shopping, to people watching. Weigh In tomorrow so head is fine today. You are all an Inspiration for new starters:happy096:.

Thanks again!

Back