Week 1 weigh in..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by *Karen*, 19 February 2008 Social URL.

1. *Karen*

*Karen* Has Wobbly Bits

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.31%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I only lost 6lbs - everyone else seems to have had bigger losses! I'm drinking 2.5 - 3.5 litres a day so can't understand why I haven't lost very much compared to some on here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I've lost it but still a little disappointed.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

did you cut down on carbs before starting SS? That can be a reason.

6lbs is still good - it is difficult not to compare yourself to others but how about comparing to you. Just 7 days ago you were almost 1/2 stone heavier. 1/2 stone!!! Brilliant. Keep going.

4. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

6lb is great, congratulations :D

5. melster122

melster122 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done on your weight loss. 6lbs in nearly half a stone!! It is great

6. *Karen*

*Karen* Has Wobbly Bits

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.31%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Yes, I really cut down on carbs before I started but I didn't weigh myself on the day I started cutting down IYSWIM. So if you cut down on carbs before you start SS, the weight loss is likely to be less than others who don't - is that right?

7. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

Karen, just wanted to say well done! I dont really know the answer to whether cutting down on carbs before ss could have made it more, maybe someone else can help. I just wanted to say, dont beat yourself up about it. Thats a great loss, and you are definitely on target for being above the average stone a month!

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes, as you would already have been reducing your glycogen stores which means you would already be losing the weight you hold in water. Others who have the really big weight loss in their first week have often had a bit of a farewell carb fest and have a good store of glycogen and water to get rid of. There is no exact science to how much it will weigh in a person but you could reasonably expect it to be between 4 and 8 lbs.

just know that everything you are losing now is fat. And even when it doesn't show on the scales it is coming off and you will see changes in how your clothes fit.

cheer up!

9. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Hi Karen

I lost 6lb in my first week and was a little disappointed too, but I've just had my 3rd weigh in and the total loss to date is 15lb, I couldn't have achieved that on any other diet. Did your CDC measure you as well, if so have you lost inches I lost an inch each of my bust, hips and waist in my first week.

Stick with it hun.

10. Heffa

Heffa Full Member

Congratulations on your weight loss.
    It would have taken weeks to lose that by any other diet.
    x

11. *Karen*

*Karen* Has Wobbly Bits

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.31%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi all - thanks for your words of encouragement. I don't feel so bad now after reading what Dancing said - I really did cut most carbs out so I guess I'll be happy with my 6lbs of fat lost :D

My CDC did measure me on my joining day but she didn't measure me today - I guess she must wait a few weeks before measuring or something. I can definitely feel a difference already as my 'fat' work trousers (ie the only pair that fit me at the moment) are getting looser :party0011:

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

glad to help

13. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

6lbs is a wonderful loss hun we're all different and lose weight differently so don't be disheartened it's still a lot morethan you would lose on another diet!!! You should be proud of your efforts you've done brilliantly!!!!!!

14. spooky

spooky Banned

Well done on your loss!

Did you have lots to drink before weigh in?? If so its worth bearing in mind that water weighs heavy... I used to stop drinking an hour or so before my appointment.

15. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

everyone is different. dont beat yourself up about it. 6lbs is still a great loss you shoud be very proud :)

16. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Karen

6lb is a great start, especially as you had been reducing carbs beforehand. Stick at it because, believe me, the weight will just melt away quicker than you know it if you do.

Hope you have a good second week - keep reading and posting on MiniMins to help get you through it, it's such a great place to be xx

17. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Well done 6lbs is a really good loss.

The other thing is that lots of people who have big weight losses in the first week have longer journeys to make!
    We are all different and you should be really happy with what you have achieved

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Karen,
    Your losses are the same as mine. If you look at my signature I lost 10lbs in my 'prep-week' by cutting out carbs then on my 1st official weigh-in a week after starting CD I lost 6lbs.

Well done on your 6lbs off!!!!
    X

20. Julesy

Julesy Likes being a girly girl

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Congratulations on your loss hun!!! That truly is awesome...and just think you are now 6llb nearer to reaching that target!!!! Bloody brilliant and well done you!!! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.