Week 1 weigh in

LorraTB

So I got on the scales very nervously. I don't know why as I know I've followed the plan exactly but still I was nervous....

...Yay I've lost 12lb in my first week. :D:D

I have struggled a bit. But I always struggle to lose weight and at least this one gives fantastic results so quickly. I don't like the taste of the dinks much and it took me a day or two to find the best way of having them.

I had a few meals out already in my diary whenI decided to start the diet and went out anyway. I managed not to eat and by the 3rd evening (My social calendar is full of meals out, It's one of the reasons I am so big!) i felt comfortable sitting chatting whilst my friends ate.

I've found that my kitchen is now very tidy. With no food or food preparation items left out on the counter top. I've put them away to stop them reminding me about food.

I'm still craving food a bit. I thought that it would have stopped when I got into ketosis. But maybe it's situational. I went into a coffee shop and really wanted a cake because I always had a cake before. So for a few weeks, I may avoid the coffee shop just to make it easier for me.

Any other suggestions?

Lorraine

Congrats on the 12lbs loss Lorraine, that's a huge boost for you. Stick with it and you will lose all you want to.

Well done on going out in your first week and not eating, that's a really big hurdle to get over. Like you said, a lot of why we ate was just out of habit, like your cake in a certain cafe. This diet is great at sorting out things in your head as to why you ate or why you didn't stop (as in my case!!).

Good luck for week 2, you're doing great!

Hiya, Congrats on your brilliant weight loss and making it through your 1st week. The second week is easier, but I still had cravings as I don't think it mentally kicks in until after the second weigh in.

Hi Lorraine,
congrats on a great 1st week weigh in, you must be very happy. It's amazing even though we stick to it 100% there is still that little bit of fear getting on the scales, isn't there? But so well worth it. I got to admire you , 3 meals out in a week - your first week and you stuck to LT:happy096: Shows your will power and commitment to yourself.
I agree some cravings are situational, however just cos you crave it doesn't mean you have it, as you have proven to yourself. As we know cravings are just in the mind so once 10 mins have gone by, the craving has past. Wishing you all the best with week 2.
Doirin

So I got on the scales very nervously. I don't know why as I know I've followed the plan exactly but still I was nervous....

...Yay I've lost 12lb in my first week. :D:D

I have struggled a bit. But I always struggle to lose weight and at least this one gives fantastic results so quickly. I don't like the taste of the dinks much and it took me a day or two to find the best way of having them.

I had a few meals out already in my diary whenI decided to start the diet and went out anyway. I managed not to eat and by the 3rd evening (My social calendar is full of meals out, It's one of the reasons I am so big!) i felt comfortable sitting chatting whilst my friends ate.

I've found that my kitchen is now very tidy. With no food or food preparation items left out on the counter top. I've put them away to stop them reminding me about food.

I'm still craving food a bit. I thought that it would have stopped when I got into ketosis. But maybe it's situational. I went into a coffee shop and really wanted a cake because I always had a cake before. So for a few weeks, I may avoid the coffee shop just to make it easier for me.

Any other suggestions?

Lorraine

what a brilliant weight loss. you must be so chuffed
i too like to go to coffee shops. still going but having only black coffee. no milk , no cake or scone. its made me very aware of the amount of rubbish (delicious though they were)i was eating.
no advice but i have kept going to coffee shops but just having the coffee.
good luck

What a fantastic result! Well done! xx

Back