Week 1 WI and Day 8

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Hi everyone

Well I weighed in this morning and am delighted to report I lost 9.6lbs!! \o/ Am really pleased with this loss especially since I don't get out much so am not really moving around an awful lot, but that's gonna change soon heh

So I made my 2 mini targets, to make it to days 3 and 7 and am feeling chuffed it's day 8 and am still going strong, long may it continue.

Oh, and just a little motivational tip for those not aware of this. Buy a ball of string and use it to measure around your body, bust, waist, hips, upper arms, thighs, neck, whichever body parts you like. Make the measure cumulative. Hold the string where the last measurement ended and then use that as the starting point for the next measurement. Keep doing this until you've measure every part that you want to track and then snip the string at the end. If you're anything like me you'll end up with a veeeery long piece of string =P hehe Now here's where it gets interesting. Every week Do the same thing with that bit of string and tie a knot where the measurements end. This way you can see at a glance how many inches you've lost! I did it this week and my spare bit of sting after the knot is about 8 inches long!!! O.O What a boost that gave me!! Anyway, just thought I'd mention it for those who've maybe not heard of this little tip.

Hope you're all having a great week! ^.^

Fabulous loss Cookeh! Woohoo! That loss will sure motivate you and spur you on for next week!

I've found exercise doesn't make any difference to your losses while on LT. Brisk walking and toning exercises are fine. Do not hit the cardio machines. We do not consume enough calories for vigorous exercise. So take it easy.

You must feel fantastic hitting your targets. Make lots more targets, as the satisfaction you get from achieving them is amazing.

The string thing is great! 8 inches is fantastic! I think everyone should measure the inches, as sometimes you get a smaller loss on the scales but the inches have melted away.

Here's to another good loss next week!

Thank you Betsy and wow O.O Just looking at your losses there, a stone every fortnight, that's incredible! What an inspiration. What's your secret? hehe

Thanks for the tip on the exercise, I have to admit it's kinda niggling me that Im mostly sitting on my butt all day but I'm definitely gonna start getting out a bit more and start just walking around the shops, gotta do the Christmas shopping anyway so may as well get an early start.

Thank you Cookeh! No secret. I just stick to the plan and do what everyone else does. I think my body could no longer handle being so fat and grotesque! It's elated, and trying to offload as quickly as possible!

I did worry about losing so quickly, as I'm a tad paranoid about toning. I would ideally love to lose 3-4lb a week. Hopefully my losses will now slow down a tad.

Do not let sitting all day niggle you! Lt is fabulous as no exercise is required. If you are like me, then in a week you will be bursting with energy and running around like a 2 year old looking for things to do! You could find yourself not wanting to sit down! Take it easy as much as you can.

As you lose more you'll maybe find that you want to start toning. Light weights, resistance bands, the big ball, even a vibro plate are perfect. Shopping is still the best exercise of all! Lose weight while spending money, perfect!

Excellent - well done hun!!

LOVE the string idea, wish I'd done that from the start, think I'll do it now though - how fab to SEE the results

Keep up the good work x x

well done hun x
amazing loss and that will get you through this week now til next weigh in.

great tip about the string.
its amazing how many inches you can drop in a week.i'm so pleased i done mine as when i have a low weight loss i usually have a high inch loss(8 inches) x

best of luck for this week,oh and i agree about exercise not affecting loss.i have done none.i'm just lazy,drive everywhere and don't think it's affected me.my body is happy losing 4lb a week and so am i x

Well done you - what a fab loss - keep up the good work :D :D

Congratulations!

9.5lbs is excellent, good luck for next week 2, not that you'll need it!
The string idea is fab, wish I had started doing it from day 1, never mind, I can start now!

Well done!

Clair x

Arn't you a clever clogs then cookeh..... :talk017::talk017:

Well done, I bet you are buzzing, i would be.

That tip with the string is a great idea.

I'm on my danger day 4 today but you know what... I feel really motivated and after seeing your loss I'm defo gonna stick to it

great loss xxx:D:D:D:

Cookeh, great loss!!! Wow, you are well on your way there! My turn tomorrow evening! fingers crossed I do as well!

Well done hun and 8 inches in one week is fab i didnt notice any difference inch wise in week 1 so really well done. It will most definitely keep you goin for week 2.

Thank you all for your wonderful replies. I feel really good about getting week 1 under my belt. I've never made it to the end of week 2 so here's hoping this time will be different!

Glad you all like the string idea, I thought that might go down well, it's really fun, although if you have kittens like I do I suggest you lock them out before trying to start the measuring task otherwise chaos will ensue like it did for me! hehe

Good luck everyone for the coming week!

Back