Week 10 weigh in - crap!

LincsBren

Silver Member
1.2lbs off. Pathetic! Particularly frustrating because when I did my mid-week weigh in, I was another pound lighter than I am today. Obviously I only have myself to blame (3 course meal Friday night, albeit with mostly sensible choices) and TOTM, but still.

My losses have not been great recently - over the last 4 weeks I've only lost about 8lbs. I really hope they pick up again - I had decided to stay on the diet for 16 weeks, which means I have 6 weeks to lose 18lbs. I know that should be possible, but I hope I haven't set myself up for a disappointment.

Need to get remotivated. I know Friday night knocked me out of ketosis, so the next couple of days will be hard but I MUST stick with it. Yesterday I had my 3 shakes but also a couple of Atkins bars as I was so ravenous - partly due to no ketosis, and TOTM I think. At least they were 'sensible' food choices. Today I'm ONLY having my 3 shakes. I have nothing coming up that will encourage me to eat food until I go on holiday for a couple of days on 24th October. That's 2 weeks today - so my mission is to stay 100% for the next 2 weeks and hopefully will drop another half stone, allowing me to tick off another 2 goals - reaching the 3 stone marker (3lbs to go), and getting into the 11's (5lbs to go). I think I will feel an awful lot better when I have less than a stone to go to goal!

I had a blip this week too hon, try not to worry about it. Looking at your losses you're doing better than me!! I've lost 30.6lbs in 7 weeks. We are all a bit different and our body will let the weight go at different rates on different weeks, so many things can influence it, water retention, being constipated etc. If you had a big meal on Friday then you are probably retaining water and, if that's the case, you should see it on next week's weigh in.

Focus on getting through just one day at a time rather than the whole fortnight, it should hopefully seem more achievable that way. There's no doubting it's hard work but you've already reaped the rewards so far, stick with it, you're nearly done now, you can do this!

Don't get disheartened Bren.. You have done a fantastic job, and i am sure you will continue to!!

Positive thinking hun.. a loss is a loss after all x x x

Come on Bren, you can do this huni! xx

100% today :D

I agree it is very frustrating when the weight doesn't come off, but we can do this and we do need to keep going. Even on a VLCD the last stone takes longer - and you are not too far away from your last stone. Keep going it will be worth it - you are already a success story for what you have done so far. Another few weeks and you will be able to look back at all you have achieved. Take care xxx.

Thank you guys, what would I do without you?!

Feeling hungry now, so going to get a massive mug of hot water and watch x-factor! xx

Of everyone I've ever met, you're probably the most driven and motivated. I KNOW you can do this chick and I refuse to be wrong about anything :p

Back