Week 12 WI

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
Just got back from my week 12 WI and I've lost another 7lbs :wee: :party0011:I'm on a roll!!! :D:D:D
On the other hand, I have one more week left on LT as my BMI is 25.36 right now so as from next Saturday I am officially starting the refeed. Am SO excited but scared at the same time.....

wow that is an amazing loss. Really really well done. and good luck on the re-feed too! xx

Excellent, you should be so proud of yourself, especially as you have managed to stay on it sooooo long.

I hear what you're saying about the refeed, last time I did this I put the weight back on straight afterwards, do you know why? I went straight back to eating the same food (Choc, sweets, crisps, biscuits, cakes and a whole lot of carbs and takeaways) that I did before I'd started, which got me into the whole mess in the first place. I think mentally the thought of being able to eat again, felt like a license to do what I want, big mistake, This time I plan to refeed properley, with a high protein, low carb diet, keeping a check on the glycemic index of food at the same time.

Now, having done LT for 12 weeks, it is obvious you are a lady of extreme Will Power. I am certain you will succeed in your efforts to refeed correctly. I assume you have done all your homework on refeeding correctly through the weeks. The only other diet I was able to follow was slimmers world, who's strategy in basically keeping carb intake low. I read somewhere that if you keep your daily carb intake to 60g then you should be fine and not put on weight.

Well I've babbled on enough, but good luck to you, you are an inspiration for all of us and should feel very proud of yourself!!

Thanks Kerry, you good luck on losing the rest of the weight! x

Blimey thats amaaaaaaaazinf! Owwa im so jealous! Cant wait til im 12 weeks in then i be ready for refeed and slim too like u xxx we'll miss ya x good luck

Thanks Pete for your lovely words! I'm kinda emotional that I have managed to lose 4st in only 12 weeks! Both my and my hubby are scared to gain weight again but I've bought a low carb cook book with 365 recipes in there so we should be able to have nice, healthy and low carb meals every day of the week for a whole year lol
Of course we will have a nice meal out once and a while which will be containing bad carbs (I'm craving a Carabrese pizza from Pizza Express for as long as I've been on LT) but we also go to the gym 6 days a week and we don't want to go back to the way we looked and ate before. Good luck and I'm sure you will have reached your goal before you know it! :D
xxx

Thanks Cham but I'm not gone yet :D I will be on the forum for a while longer as I need support for the refeed as well and I like to give support to my fellow LT-"losers". Keep up the good work xxx

Wow well done :) what in inspiration. It's such a tough journey and you have kicked it's ass :) bet you feel amazing. It sounds like you definitely have the right frame of mind to be successful on refeed and maintaining afterwards. But I can totally understand... I'm only 3 weeks in and already terrified of afterwards!! I just think the key is to continue with a set structure. Congratulations for getting to your goal it's really inspiring to see :) keep us updated xx

Wow Mirjam! What a fantastic result - you don't expect 7lbs so close to your target weight but you thoroughly deserve it. I have no doubt that with your determination you will maintain easily. Well done, babe! :D

Thanks Squeeze and Jessie, I will do my utmost not to gain any weight as I love the new me :D:D:D

Well done to you. Thats a fantastic loss and what determination it took to stay so long on TFR. good for you. I am on week 1 and boy am I inspired by you.

Congratulations

Thats Fantastic Mirjam - good luck with your refeed

Ahh thats great hang around and give us tips on how ur doing and coping. I definately be reading ur food diary and weigh ins each week. It helps to have someone to follow! I still cant believe u lost half a stone in a week at the end of ur journey! Its loads i bet u was shocked. Did u feel it coming off that week?

Thanks Yummy and Lola :)
Cham, I might have only been 100% for half of the time as I go to the gym 6 days a week so had extra protein like a steak, chicken or pastrami. I was shocked to see that I lost half a stone this week but very pleased! x

Mirjam, that is a fantastic loss this close to refeed. Really well done. Looking at your stats, were you going to the gym weeks 5-8 when you lost 11lbs or did starting the gym help boost your weight loss in these last weeks? I'm asking because I think I'll have lost between 12 and 14lbs in my second 4 week period but would like to speed this up if I could moving forward.

I was kicked out of ketosis due to taking some laxative that has citric acid in it. Hence 2 weeks but only a little loss. I have been going to the gym from day one as I was already going before I started.

thats amazing Mirjam great loss, i'm really happy to hear your LT journey is almost over :) xx

:wow: fantastic loss for you.Well done you

You have done really well, I'll be keeping my eye on your progress through refeed too with only being a week behind you. Good luck :) x

Back