Step 1 Sole Source + Week 16 - Struggling

Fay737731

Silver Member
My wife and I have just started week 16 on SS+ but after the week on step 2 (as recommended by my consultant at 12 weeks) I have found things progressively more and more difficult.

Weekends seem impossible! Week days aren't too bad as I have a routine but it gets to Friday after my weigh in and all I want to do is go out for dinner or spend the weekend baking...

Has anyone else found it more difficult the longer you are on it?

We are thinking of moving to step 2 in a couple of weeks but I expect lower losses on the scales so I really do want to try and stick with SS+ if I can. The ideal would be to have lentils and chickpeas on step 2 :p

How are others getting on past the 12 week mark?

Our losses really are amazing so I am not going to stop dieting but I am missing the option to have small portions of something's like pasta. On the other hand it was my portion control that got me into this state so that's why the diet has worked so well. I wish I could have more than 80g of vegetables, or use vegetable stock...

Feeling pretty low in general and I am not sure why!

I do think it is more difficult and as time goes on. Once you've had a taste for food on step two its more difficult.

I started having 2-3 step 2 meals a week and was still losing on average 4 lbs a week. But my consultant said I would retain water so went up to step two properly and put on 1.5 lbs so I've decided to revert to the 2-3 step two meals a week again.

Maybe you could try that?

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs wk 17- 3.5 lbs wk 18 - 5 lbs week 19 - 5.5 lbs week 21 - 1.5 +

Yes, I think it is more difficult too. The novelty has worn off, and you've had a taste of food again. I've had a few SS+/step 2 meals over my time, but last weekend I had 3 days together. I'm really, really struggling now. I want food, I'm so miserable and I'm sabotaging myself (had 5 roses chocs last night, and 5 today... Why???)

Yes, I think it is more difficult too. The novelty has worn off, and you've had a taste of food again. I've had a few SS+/step 2 meals over my time, but last weekend I had 3 days together. I'm really, really struggling now. I want food, I'm so miserable and I'm sabotaging myself (had 5 roses chocs last night, and 5 today... Why???)

I feel exactly the same way...it gets to some sort of breaking point and then it's hard not to just think "sod it". We have felt that way a few times over the past 3 weeks and ended up having a step 2 meal on those days but we both can get pretty grumpy about the diet in that build up time.

I really want to keep going as I still have a lot to lose and I have never stuck to a diet this long before. I had hoped to make it another couple of weeks before going up but I think I am just going to have to give in. I honestly feel that step 2 would be better for us as we are lentil and chickpea junkies!

I do think it is more difficult and as time goes on. Once you've had a taste for food on step two its more difficult.

I started having 2-3 step 2 meals a week and was still losing on average 4 lbs a week. But my consultant said I would retain water so went up to step two properly and put on 1.5 lbs so I've decided to revert to the 2-3 step two meals a week again.

Maybe you could try that?

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs wk 17- 3.5 lbs wk 18 - 5 lbs week 19 - 5.5 lbs week 21 - 1.5 +

Did she say why you would retain water? I wish we could do something like SS+ or step 2 depending on our mood so SS+ on week nights and step 2 at the weekend...

Well she said I was more likely to retain water but i did it for two weeks just having about 3 step 2 meals and lost 4 lbs each week then went up to step 2 everyday and gained 1.5 lbs so as I said I'm reverting back to the 3 meals a week. I think it works better for me as I do g think I'm ready to move up to step 2 fully.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I don't know if this is feasible for you both or relevant... so sorry if this is incorrect. I would go 'cold turkey' and hit SS for a 5 days, say Mon - Fri. Then come Sat step up to SS+ and view it as a 'weekend treat' (at least there is some food, which after a week of three 'meals' and no physical food) would be amazing... the taste buds would so react well !!! and that could just be enough to get you out of the desire / habit for foods on step 2. I tend to trick myself like that and it works... not sure if it would for you, but thought I'd share. :) Good luck what ever you decide to do....

Back