week 2 and stuck

dawson66

Hiya Guys:)
I am on my 2nd week and in the first wk I lost abt 8lbs , the 2nd week is not showing a loss, I feel my clothes a lot slacker, and I hav been sticking to my diet, am a bit gutted, has anyone else found this ....

Firstly, congrats on the 8lbs! :D

Secondly, don't go by scales alone. They are an imperfect gauge of your progress. Get yourself a tape measure and start measuring, because quite often you will lose inches whilst the scales remain the same. That has definitely happened to me.

Thirdly, when you've had a big loss in the first week a slowdown is quite normal. Mostly it seems to happen in the third week, but there are no hard and fast rules about it. You may find you drop weight in the third week when many people don't.

Keep following the plan and I'm sure it will work for you - good luck!

Hi I have been on atkins for over a month and if you excuse my last fall off the wagon into carb hell then 1 thing i noticed is this:

In 2010 i lost 2st with WW and got down to 13st5! On atkins i have lost about 10lb and the clothes which fit me before are fitting again, I seem to have Lost more inches than anything.. defo worth measuring up and dont let it put you off thats still 4lb a week so far !! xxx

Back