week 2 losses?

ticktock

Wondering if you could tell me what you lost in wk 2 and if was a lot less than you expected and if things pick up wk 3 onwards??. Reason fas asking is I weighed on day 4 and had lost 7lb, end of the week it was 8lb, weighed today (day 9) and its 9lb. Thats great and I am not moaning at all, very pleased :) Just bit odd to lose 7lb in 3 days and then 2lb over 5days...would hate to not lose any more and end up with 1lb for wk 2!! hope scales start moving!

I need to hide my scales I think!! x

Hi, I had a loss of almost 9 lbs in week 1 and then 1.25 in week 2! Big difference! Hoping I get a bigger loss next week now though. I think everyone is different and i know some on here have had big losses on week 2 aswell! Guess it depends on how much weight you have to lose as well as other factors. The key is not to get disheartened and keep going! If we stick to plan the weight has got to come off eventually.

The first week is always a big loss, usually down to water - after that you should settle down to a regular weight loss a week

mine was 9 the first week and 5 the second...its my third weigh in today but im scared and havent done it yet...as bad news can make me sabotage myself....bear in mind though i had 7 to 8 stone to lose so may lose abit faster at first..dont weigh yourself everyday it will drive you nuts and whatever you do you wont be losing a pound a day indefinately for the course of the diet..

Week 2 is well known for being a bad week. Have you ever watched Biggest Loser? They sometimes lose 1lb in week 2. So, no its not unusual. You cant use week 1 as a guide though, the losses are much much bigger then

However you need to be prepared for weeks when youll have a slow loss. Ive had 2 weeks now that I was 100% and only lost a lb, some people have STS weeks. Thankfully not too often but they do happen.

Dont worry about this week, things will probably even out next week :)

I try to just look at the overall losses, week to week will always vary, after my first weigh in I didn't weigh again till week 5. Definately helped to keep me going and focused, it works guaranteed!

I'm on week 2 at the moment too & -3.6 lbs so far (2 days to go) but a definite slow compared to week 1...

But as people say, the first is likely to be the quickest with the water loss but if you keep at it you have to loose weight - even if your body manages to do some weird holding on/plateau-ing things before giving it up! :p

Thanks for the advice, after i weigh for wk 2 on thurs i will think about getting hubby to hide scales in loft (no way will i go up there for them! and dont trust any other scales) would be great if i could just weigh once a fortnight and see a nice loss each time..I hate suspense tho lol!

Yes Starlight, am hooked on biggest loser! amazes me when they lose 2st in a wk when they first start and then wks down the line the guys still pull double figures each wk, its madness! not one for exercise tho so will stick to s&s. So grateful for this site, its the only support I get and reading all the posts keeps me on track :eek:) x

Hi ticktock
Im exactly the same as you, on Monday it will be 2 weeks on plan. First week 8.6lbs loss. Said I wouldnt weigh in but couldnt help myself, so on Thurs was only 1lb down! Weight again this morning, and its 2.2lbs down, so hopefully Ill hit 3 by Monday. Im really hoping to lose minimum of 3lb per week, as I know anything less than this I could lose on a 'normal' diet, where I could be eating normal meals. Obviously if I have one bad week where I have a lower loss Ill stick at it, but if it was two weeks on the trot and I had been 100% then I know Id be disheartened...

I lost 4lb in my 2nd week, but unlike most I only lost 4lb in my first week. The 3rd week has been the lowest loss so far for me (1.75lb), it could have possibly been because TOTM started 2 days before the weigh in day though.

I must admit I have been a bit down with my week 3 and 4 weigh ins but I didn't let it sabotage me like it normally would. I kept going and I'm proud of myself that I didn't give up.

Keep going and don't give up! The numbers on them scales will go down.

Thanks, thats the key i suppose 'just keep going'!! xx

Hi, the liver can store approx 10lb of glycogen from carbs for energy release so when you go onto a vlcd and into ketosis your body has to use up the stored supply of glycogen before it starts to use your fat stores. This is why most people lose a lot in thier first week...

...But just think how heavy 1 or 2 lb of fat really is, great not to carry it about.

Last time I did a vlcd I lost every single week but a couple of times only a pound but then 4 the following week.

Stick with it and it has to come of, benefits of vlcd and ketosis is no hunger pangs or cravings..I'm pretty sure I couldn't achieve the same on a"normal" diet.

Good luck,

wow, didnt know that suziwoo, wouldnt think the liver could hold 10lb! Definately great not feeling hungry but must say I do get cravings....! xx

Technically it's the water needed by the glycogen that makes up the weight too. I'm sure the liver isn't that big too. I'm getting to the end of week one, looking forward to weigh in tomorrow and trying not to think too much about week 2. Hopefully things speed up again when the body accepts whats going on. S

one thing to remember to guys is that as your body uses the fat cells up whilst in ketosis, they refill with water before this is then expelled by the body and the cells begin to shrink (they never reduce in numbers, so your body will always be set up ready to regain weight, this is why planning for after is so vital)

Hi, Lost 11lb in week 1 and 9lb in week 3, although I am a bloke and I am told we men loose more..

TC_99 said:
Hi, Lost 11lb in week 1 and 9lb in week 3, although I am a bloke and I am told we men loose more..

How did you do in week 2? Im female and I lost nearly the same as you in my first 2 weeks-11.5lbs, then 8

Hi

I've just completed wk 2...... Lost 13lb in 1st wk n 5lb in 2nd wk. I'm really pleased with that result, but to be honest if I only lost a couple of pounds a week or even stayed the same id be totally gutted. I can lose 2/3lb a week on ww, n s&s is so much more extreme so I expect better results. Xx

helanrob said:
Hi

I've just completed wk 2...... Lost 13lb in 1st wk n 5lb in 2nd wk. I'm really pleased with that result, but to be honest if I only lost a couple of pounds a week or even stayed the same id be totally gutted. I can lose 2/3lb a week on ww, n s&s is so much more extreme so I expect better results. Xx

This is exactly how I feel!! This is an extreme diet and if I loss less than 3lbs per week, I'd be disappointed! Just weighed in for second time and 4.4lbs lost!! Woop woop!!

thats good to know, thanks :eek:) sneeky peak again today and its now 2lb off... so 7lb in first 4 days and then 8 days to lose 2lb hmmmm! going to try my best to stick with it and see what they say Thursday, have my fingers crossed for a whoosh lol so ungrateful and impatient! x

Back