Week 21 Weigh in and ANOTHER change of goal! YAWN!

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
week 21, i cant quite get over how long i have been on this diet! Nearly HALF A YEAR! EEEK!

Anyway, 2lbs off this week which i am happy with as it takes me closer to BMI25 and i lost weight really fast at the start!

Yet another change of goal, this time in the opposite direction, from 10 5, to 10, to 10 7! I need to stop being so indecisive!
The reason?
I have seen my parents and best friend today, not seen then for a while, and although they were thrilled at how fabulous i look (their words not mine :D), they were horrified when i said i "only" had another 17lbs to go to goal!
My Dad is a fitness fanatic...although rarely comments or gets involved with the whole weight loss thing, and even he said it was absolute madness to lose that much as i would look ill....!

Now most other people, i dont think twice about ignoring and digging my heals in :)D) but my Dad is a different story. He is very objective and wise re weight loss as he is an ex-fatty himself.

So, DH and i have had a lengthy discussion on the way home, about WHY i wanted to get down to 10 5 (becuase it made it 100lbs off in total, nice round number), to 10 stone (becuase thats another nice round number)....nothing actually relative to my body, my fitness, my BMI etc! So i have revised my weight for logical reasons now...which i wont bore you with (this is already longer than i wanted it to be) but this is now a FIRM (I need to keep telling myself this! lol) goal and one that WILL be achieved! :D

phew!

Hope everyone is having a FAB 100% day today no matter what plan your on! :D

xx

Ive never changed my goal lol but can see why your doing it, its hard to know really what the ideal weight is.... personally its all about how 'one' looks in clothes rather than 'a number' on the scales

I think you'll know when enoughs enough :)

Your doing soooo well x

You are doing brilliantly.

Did you think when you started that you would have achieved it? I didn't, I expected it to be like every other diet and I would give up in a couple of weeks.

Your results are staggering. Well done.

That seems sensible Lizz, and is in the middle of your healthy BMI range. And look at that .3 BMI to get to "healthy". Well done you!

When are you planning on moving up the plans, when you lose this last 10 lbs or do you think you want to lose the last through moving up? Are you on SS+ or 810 at the moment?

That seems sensible Lizz, and is in the middle of your healthy BMI range. And look at that .3 BMI to get to "healthy". Well done you!

When are you planning on moving up the plans, when you lose this last 10 lbs or do you think you want to lose the last through moving up? Are you on SS+ or 810 at the moment?

Thanks hun!
I'm going to start on 810 when i get to BMI25, then lose the last half stone on that before i work up to 1000....as much as i cant wait, i'm also slightly terrified as i know other maintainers have experienced issues with working up the plans...! but needs must!
Still on SS at the moment....i'm not ridged with it though, if i want chicken or tuna, then i will have it...but as a rule, SS! :D

xx

Lizz I think 10.7 is a good goal as that will mean you are half a stone away from a BMI of 25, also it means you can have a 7lbs threshold, ie, you can try and maintain between 10.7 and 11 stone.

This is also my plan. I have 3lb to BMI 25 (11.1) and then I am planning on trying to get to 10.7 so I can have holidays etc and not get very overweight again.

I bet the average person fluctuates by so many pounds each week anyways.

Love Mex

This is also my plan. I have 3lb to BMI 25 (11.1) and then I am planning on trying to get to 10.7 so I can have holidays etc and not get very overweight again.

hey hun! :D
i originally planned to do the same and have a leyway for that exact reason, but then decided (personal choice) that i didnt want to give myself an "allowance" for gaining weight iykwim? if i gain when i'm on holiday, so be it, and it will then come back off again with work afterwards....

my thinking now, is that i dont want to have any doubt that i have anything but a healthy BMI for when i go into a dr's room/consultants office regarding my tummy tuck/breast augmentation!
I have to have a healthy BMI but i'm not leaving it to chance or any discrepancy! lol.
No consultant on this earth is going to be able to tell me i need to lose weight to get the operation! lol :D:D:D

xx

I think that your new plan is well considered, particularly in regard to dealing with consultant(s).
Good Luck with achieving your desired goal weight.

Lizz, moving up (for me) has been challenging but really enjoyable. I kind of think of it being like a dog let off a lead for the first time - lots of choices to be made, interesting smells and things to explore but not wanting to stray too far as you don't want to get lost. Of course you should stick to it the same as SS but having choice, weighing and measuring, mixing up meals etc does seem scary particularly after no real choice for so long. But for me it has clicked into place after a couple of weeks. My weight did stay the same for this time with a small loss recorded but I felt fine with that. Stuck to the plan inthe main and the scales have dropped again on my early morning and evening weigh in. So it is working and I can confirm (as a serious overeater) is satisfying my hunger.

I am sure you will be as focussed and successful working up the plans as you have been on SS. X

Thanks hun! I'm finding that reading all your diaries is really helping me keep that motivation!
I have menu plans for the steps all organised, and i know i can deal with the hunger at the start....after all....i managed the start of SS!
I've just got to keep reminding myself why i'm doing this and dont let those food demons get any control!
I'm sure i just have that lovely naivity of a newbie and there will be hurdles...but i'm ready for them!
Cant wait to be able to start my own diary on the other forum! :D
xx

Back