Week 3 losses

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
I'm due to weigh tomorrow and i normally keep track on my own scales, i know you should refrain but I've always had an obsession with the scales!

i've lost 12lbs in 2 wks so far but this week nothing seems to have moved and i'm worried that i'm not going to lose any tomorrow, or worse still gain weight! i've really stuck to SS this week apart from a chicken tikka which i couldnt really avoid on saturday. i refrained from having any rice or chips but now i feel like it wouldnt have made a difference if i had some chips as the scales havent budged since last week :(

has anyone else notice their weight loss slowing towards the end of the first month? i would like to lose a stone each month ( or thereabouts) but i'm worried weight loss will really slow from now on :cry:

Check my sig at the bottom - week 2 or 3 is often lower as the shock of the diet is hitting your body. It does pick up though, stick with it :)

Don't panic! If you stick with it then you can't fail to drop the weight :) a lot of people don't get a huge loss in the 2nd or 3rd week. You will still have lost fat but our bodies try to maintain a certain weight and will retain some water to do that. This is temporary and will even out over time - weight losses each week can vary drastically but do seem to average out at around a stone a month. And you did fine having the chicken tikka - any carbs would have made you hungry and miserable for days! Just get the water down, keep at it and you'll see a good loss over the next couple of weeks. If the scales don't register it then I'm sure the tape measure will and the scales will catch up later after a few more trips to the loo ;)

thanks for the replies, i just get anxious with diets as I always start off well then get very impatient lol! silly i know but i've always been like this! i've also just realised that i'm due on this week so that may be a factor too. i'm due to be measured next week as that'll be my 1st month over with so hoping for good inch losses! x

3rd week is notorious for being a low loss week! I sts my third week x

Just remember, you are completely on track to lose at least a stone this month! That is AMAZING!

Good luck and keep us informed!

thanks! i know i should be looking at my losses so far, i hope i can get the full stone by tomorrow but if not then hopefully it'll be next week which will be my 1st month over with yay! can't believe I've actually stuck to this diet, i really thought i'd have caved by now and had a massive chinese, but its just like any other normal routine now, hope to keep going for another few weeks before 810 to get the best rate of weight loss!

well I did lose in my weigh in but it was only 1lb. bit disappointed as i stuck to SS this week bar my chicken tikka sat night and my mum ate loads this week due to a virus but stayed the same weight! hoping for a better loss next week though, fingers crossed its just an early plateau!

Don't worry about it - loads of people have a low loss on the 3rd or 4th week. In fact most people don't lose consistently - 1lb one week and 5lb the next is not unusual. Apparently it's something to do with the shrinking fat cells retaining water for a bit then letting it go later. If you stick with it the scales will catch up soon enough :) In the end you should average out at around a stone a month off so don't worry too much week to week x

thanks angel-missy, if anything its made me more determined to stick to SS rigidly this week now so then at least I can say I didn't have anything naughty and then hopefully my inches will reflect that too! x

Yeah, i'm so not looking forward to the third week. We know what happens and it probably will happen to us, but it is hard to accept.

Just got to keep going and look forward the the fourth weigh-in!

Lx

8lbs is great in your 1st week well done! yes it seems the dreaded 3rd week affects a lot of people, i've looked at other people's signatures and there is a definite slump on lots of them but seems to pick up later so i'm hoping i do better next time! i think i'm disappointed as i'm 1lb off my 1st stone so psychologically I would have been far far happier with just an extra lb to say that the stone has gone! silly i know but never mind, there's always next week! i'm having inch loss measured next wk too so hoping that'll give me something to cheer about! x

Just need to keep at it and you'll see the results even though it can be a bit disappointing when the scales don't reflect what you've done. Stick with it and they'll catch up :)

Back