Week 3 :(

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
Still no loss! Not even half a measly pound! :cry:

I lost 17lbs in the first week and since then - nothing. I'm gonna persevere (manly because i still have so many shakes and I've got into a routine and i'm desperate to lose weight and get to my goal which is still 3 stone away) but seriously this is so frustrating! surely something else should have gone by now?! When i was on CD, my losses were great every week, there was more selection and yet with Exante - 600 kcals a day to maintain my weight?!?! this hardly seems fair!

Does anyone have ANY advise or insights because this is really beginning to get to me! I'm actually trying to lose weight and being so good and exercising - what else can i do?! getting desperate :(:cry:

Hi 212
Sorry, that sounds so unfair! All I can think is that the 17lbs the first week was a dodgy reading (its definitely not possible to lose 17lbs of fat in one week after all) and thats what has hidden the weight loss this last two weeks - if you think about it 17lbs over 3 weeks is almost 6lbs a week which is an amazing loss!
Well done on keeping on it, it will shift again soon. Concentrate on drinking loads of water this week?
Good luck, stay strong, you're doing fab xx

I wouldn't panic you will be losing inches and body fat. If you think about it this way 17lbs in 3 weeks is amazing, it may be a slight stall due to the 17lbs coming off very early and your body is catching up. Keep going, and maybe only weekly WI and try to forget about the numbers.

you doing great 17lb in 3weeks is a great loss just keep to it and you defently will see a result but your body mit av to ajust to that big loss from week 1 x good luck for nxt week

Thanks peeps. really appreciate it! and your all probably right, gonna think of it as 6lbs a week which is much better and it's still 17lbs from where i was so that's a plus. Good job i'm so stubborn or i might have given up by now! gonna order another months supply on friday (pay day lol) and stick to this until my packs have gone and then reassess the besst way to continue to goal. It will also mean that one more bumper pack will take upto the day before my holidya which is perfect timing. If I have the packs there i'll stick to it so will continue! Definitely need to keep an eye on my water intake because i think i underestimate how much i have each day - now have a 500ml bottle and a note of how many times i fill & drink it.
So glad for this forum! Thanks! :)

Oh, I've also decided to aim for a mini goal of 21lbs by the 6th September which is 6 weeks so 3lbs a week which i think is reasonable for this diet (lets hope my body agrees lol) and that would take me to 12.5st for my holiday in Greece :) little goals = big motivation = big success!

VLCDs promise a loss of a stone a month, on average, spread over the month. It is unrealistic to expect your body to continue to shed weight very very fast after such a huge initial loss.

Most VLCDs average, SS or TS, around 500-600 calories per day. Women need around 2,000 calories a day to maintain. Over a week then, TFR, you are taking in at the most 10,500 calories less than the average woman needs. One pound of fat equals 3,500 calories. So - the weekly loss on SS or TS works out at an expected 3lb per week, every week. But the body does not lose weight in linear fashion. Some weeks you lose less as it adjusts, other weeks you lose more. It all evens out to a stone a month, and very often more than that.

Most of your 17lb loss was definitely water/glycogen. Now you are losing body fat. I personally would be absolutely delighted with a steady weekly loss of 3lb!

Try not to be impatient. Everything is proceeding as it should. Incidentally your first week loss is the highest I've ever heard of. The closest to you was 16lb!

Keep at it and good luck x

PS Cambridge SS is about 450 calories per day. Exante TS is 600. That may explain the differences you mention.

The differences between exante and cd equate to less than 1lb a month in terms of weight loss.

Sorry if someone has already said this, I am having trouble loading the page. But it may be that you are exercising too much or that you might need to eat more calories for a few days to kick start your metabolism. I have read that this works for some people. Maybe you could try having 4 packs a day for a few days and see if it has an effect?

I am assuming you have normal thyroid? Hugs.

I always found weeks 2 & 3 of s start & restarts notoriously slow. I did cd for a while and been on Exante a couple times and each time the same. I am pretty sure that week 4 will be a dream for you and from there on in.

Thanks for the advice and support. Maybe i'm just being unrealistic after such a big loss. Gonna have a few days of WS and maybe that will help kick start. I like being on exante so gonna stick with it. I don't think I'm overdoing it with exercise as I'm only doing 20-30 minutes of additional walking a day just to move more, haven't made it to the gym for a while! Just gonna take it as it comes for now and will stay committed until my holiday - on the plus side I will at minimum stay the same and likely to lose something, just being overly optimistic - not a usual trait for me! Lol! X

Back