Week 3

joannelut

I only lost 1 lb this week, I should be happy as I have lost 9 lb in 3 weeks but I'm not. I did my first Ketostix test today and the color didn't change. I am now wondering am I doing the diet right.

A typical day for me

B: 2 egg omlette with bacon, small amount of grated cheddar cheese and little onion and 1/2 a tomato.

L: 2 chicken legs, roasted with skin. Salad made up of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, a small amount of spinach, a small amount of grated cheese. Mayonnaise

D: white fish/salmon/pork/beef/chicken/turkey vegetables which are usually cauliflour, broccoli, peas or carrots. With mayonnaise.

I drink approx 6 cups of decaf coffee and i have that with coffee mate. I drink approx 2 litres of water.

Can anyone see where I may possibly be going wrong.

I love this diet I never feel hungry I just don't want to mess it up.

Thank you in advance

Joanne

Sounds like you have the exact same problem as me - lost 10lbs in first 2 weeks but only 1lb in the last 2 - I've cut out cheese & tomatoes for now as apparently they stall people and going to lower my protein portions - good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ps cut out onion too as that can stall, have spring instead

Hi Joanne,

Seriously, run, don't walk, to your jar of coffeemate and read the ingredients. Then, very quickly, pour the whole lot in the bin and replace it with full-fat real cream. Cream is good, non-dairy whitener (coffemate et al) is made of cr*p including trans fats and sugar.

Thank you for that on the coffee mate I will stay away from it now. I may ski the toms and the cheese this week and see what happens

Joanne

So cut toms until owl and go for spring onions.

Also afraid that carrots and peas are late additions as quite carby - i am just getting them after 10 months;)

Good luck

Hi everyone, just while talking menus,

What are opinions on broccoli and Stilton soup? I made some yesterday using a whole broccoli, about 250g Stilton and some veg stock. Made about 4 portions. Does it seem a bit high in cheese per portion?

Also if you have a steak that has fat round the edge do you eat that bit too or cut it off? I always cut it off out of habit, but wondering if to get my fat up i should eat that too!

Thanks cp x

My opinion is the carrots keeping you our of k. However, if you feel good and are losing weight then don't stress about the little sticks. Someone said they are a measure of excess ketones in your urine, it sent mean you are not in ketosis. If you aren't hungry and your breath feels the taste then you probably are in ketosis. Also if you are drinking lots of water this can dilute your urine - drinking lots is the right thing to do btw. Do your test in the morning when you wake up.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back