Week 5, warning contains reference to poo!

SandraB

Gold Member
Well I won't be shouting this one from the rooftops....lost a measly pound this week. I'm sooooo disappointed particularly as it was 2lbs earlier this week! OK so I had some parma ham at weekend, a total of about 300gms over a couple of days and about 100 gms of cheese, can it really make that much difference? Anyway my medication is now sorted so don't need to do that again but here's the crux, have now got serious constipation owing to the amount of codeine that I am taking:( going to try and take less painkillers but it's not really an option. Went for a facial this morning and saw that the spa is offering colonics, I had these a few years back when I picked up a parasite in Egypt and, whilst not pleasant, it was certainly bearable. So I booked one for Saturday morning.....:sick0019:
Has anyone else had one whilst on this diet? I can't see that it can do any harm and I've just got to get rid of this bunged up feeling....I'm sitting on the loo for ages and nothing's happening and that's despite taking fiboclear and several sachets of fibre gel over the past few days.......I'm too scared to take a strong laxative as I've got appointments over the next few days and won't always be at home:eek:

Edit....after thought, this pathetic loss is despite having been in ketosis the entire time! didn't think that it was possible not to lose weight?!

Last edited:
I am sorry your loss wasn't as much as you'd hoped for hunni, but at least it is a loss x x

Perhaps being bunged up is the problem, and surely having a colonic must get rid of some of it! I can't believe i am sitting here drinking my last shake of the day, talking to you about having a tube shoved up your ar8e and taking all your poop away!!!! pmsl x x x

Don't get down about it hun, next week will be a bumper one x x x x

You may have lost more huni but it isnt showing up because you are bunged up........ I bet you will see a different after your umm.. 'cleansing' session. :) xx

:( there is nothing worse than that feeling is there

am intersted to hear about the CI though as someone who has suffered with being bunged up all my life Ive always 'fancied' (if thats the right word) having ago to see if it helps

I got a hose pipe and some Fairy Liquid Goth!!!! lmaoooooooooooo x x x x

LMAO at Su! :D

Sandra, I think being bunged up is most likely the cause for your low weight loss, and once that problem is sorted, then the scales will drop :) You've still lost 1lb of fat, and probably more. It's just not showing on scales yet. Hope the colonic helps you.

xx

I am sorry your loss wasn't as much as you'd hoped for hunni, but at least it is a loss x x

Perhaps being bunged up is the problem, and surely having a colonic must get rid of some of it! I can't believe i am sitting here drinking my last shake of the day, talking to you about having a tube shoved up your ar8e and taking all your poop away!!!! pmsl x x x

Don't get down about it hun, next week will be a bumper one x x x x

As long as it's a bumper poo I don't care:eek:

I Love the conversations that go on here!!

I know, nothing's sacred!

Hey as far as I know the only laxative your allowed to take is Ducolax tablets?? And yes cheese and ham would defo affect your weight loss....the only shake I can get down is the chicken one I added a little curry powder to them one week and only lost 1/2lb.....SOUL DESTROYING!! I'm intrigued by the colonic idea....best of luck x x

Sandra . . . hope you get sorted. This is definitely affecting your weight loss. If there's any justice you'll have impressive loss next weigh-in.

Hi Sandra
I think if you try a laxetive the day before weigh in you may see a difference. How much fibreclear are you taking? I've just upped mine to two teasp per day, seems to be helping a little. I'm drinking lots of peppermint tea too, don't know if that makes any difference.
You are doing well, hopefully next weeks loss will be a big one for you. Love reading your posts, you are very supportive and make me laugh.
Emma x

Thought about the laxative route but I used to suffer from IBS so feel a bit nervous about possibly being caught short! Even one teaspoon of fibre clear makes me terribly bloated and gives me appalling wind!

I'm having about four peppermint teas a day at the moment so hopefully they will start to have an effect.... But I'm hoping that the colonic at lunchtime will do the trick.....though hopefully no rabbits will be popping out!

Failing which I'm going to experiment, fibergel (sp?) used to work quite well if I took it religiously morning and night, I know that LT don't 'allow' it but quite frankly I don't care cos I can't carry on like this!

Guess it's just a case of us each working out what works for us as individuals.....x

My pharmacist gave me senakot.. Is that ok or does it have to be Ducolax??

Hi Sandra,
Being really nosy now, but how was the colonic? Really interested! Do you think its made any difference to your weight?
Emma x

Hi Sandra,
Being really nosy now, but how was the colonic? Really interested! Do you think its made any difference to your weight?
Emma x

Will let you know in the morning when I weigh myself......as every time I go to the loo I seem to lose a bit more......I do intend to do a new thread just haven't got round to it tonight.....

I do feel hugely 'relieved' though and my stomach has completely disappeared, it's gurgling a bit at the mo though:eek:

Back