Week 5 WI - not a happy bunny!

Fiestywoman

A loss of 2lb:(. On a 'normal' diet I would be jumping through hoops but I am really unhappy about this. Meant to be my AAMW but decided to keep that until next week when I am on holiday. I've had 2 WS days and the rest 100% TS, I've been to the gym twice and Zumba once and am really disappointed at this loss. In the last 2 weeks I've lost the total of 5lb, I could do this on ww or sw or the like.

Wondering if my body has gone into starvation mode (or whatever it's called) and is holding on to the fat or any calories it gets. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I'm not going to throw the towel in, in fact just about to go to the gym and get rid of my anger:mad:. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

I think we've all had a week like this unfortunately it happens. Yes you could maybe lose 2lbs on WW etc but I bet you wouldnt lose 5lbs in 2 weeks on it and you sure as hell wouldnt lose 18lbs in 4 weeks.

If you look at your over all loss - 18lbs is absolutely brilliant in a month. Its above the stone a month average too :)

Thanks for the reply Starlight, think I was just on a self indulgent whinge:).

As usual I'm expecting too much too soon which has been my downfall in every other diet I have been on (and there have been many!). I went to the gym and had a good workout, home, showered and in a much better frame of mind. I will be having my weekly WI on Thursday this week as we are off on hol then, so if I can lose 1lb by then I will have lost a stone and a half and will be happy for that:D

Hi Fiesty,

It's really easy to expect miracles from a diet like this isn't it?! 2lbs is still a really good loss and if you look at your total loss across the five weeks that is amazing!!

Looking at some of the diaries it looks like people occasionally have a week when they don't have a big loss and then the next week their body "catches up". Stick with it and I bet you will see a better result next week :eek:

Chin up Woman!! I mean Fiesty!! ;)

Back