Week 58 / Maintenance 9 - FatFairNForty(ish)'s Weekly Weigh In

Weigh in was Tuesday, and I gained 0.9lb but am pretty pleased about it as I did have a lot of extra chicken and veggies... didn't really drink enough water either which is a mega no-no! So... still doing 790 this week and still loving it. Just had my lunch (dinner) of Quorn and veg... yummmmmm... I really do like Quorn.. the pieces, not the mince... and 10oz is a huge amount - so much so that I can't eat all of it and will let it go cold and have it later on followed by a muffin.

I feel incredibly stuffed and bloated and have to say, um, bowel activity (helped along my psyllium husks and fibre89) are, how can I put this, less than fragrant!!! I think its because I'm eating food now... might try next week (when on 1000) going without the fibre89 and see how things go (or not!).. :D So... still smiling, still sticking to it and still loving the choices that 790 gives! Roll on next week and 1000 when I get to have fruit again! Yippeee!!! lol

Hurrah, 790 done and dusted and on with 1000...

weigh in today resulted in the loss of last weeks 0.9lb gain... so happy with that :D

Just had a yummy dinner of chicken, brocolli and cabbage with cous cous! Scrummy!!! Still to have my fruit... so will have 4 dried apricots... saving them for a little while as now down to 2 packs a day so feels odd not to end the day with a muffin! Must do it a bit differently tomorrow... will have oats and milk for brekky... and keep the muffin for later! lol

Loving this maintenance plan so far but can see how it's going to get tougher! Still... never been one to shy away from a challenge!!!

Almost my 'anniversary' !!! (started 10th October).... wow can't believe it's been a year!

H Jennie

You are amazing ~ followed the plan to the letter with hardly any blibs

YOU ROCK GIRL

Well done and dont worry about maintenance you will breeze through it ~ I think you should be a candidate for slimmer of the year ~ you would get my vote 100 %

Love Love

Loving 1000cals... shredded wheat rocks!!

H Jennie

You are amazing ~ followed the plan to the letter with hardly any blibs

YOU ROCK GIRL

Well done and dont worry about maintenance you will breeze through it ~ I think you should be a candidate for slimmer of the year ~ you would get my vote 100 %

Love Love

Thanks Shaza :D

I've had me moments... lol but thankfully nothing too damaging :D

Am loving maintenance and bought a set of scales from Lloyds Pharmacy (Nutriscales) that are really accurate and give you breakdown of cals, carbs, sodium etc etc etc... they were only £15 and I bought them a few weeks ago in preparation... I love using them.. and portion control is a real eye-opener! I would have easily had 4 or even 5 times the size I now have and thought nothing of it!!

I had my apricots last night and they were lush and this morning, I didn't have oats as there weren't any (I have a vague recollection of chucking them out a few months back... lol) so instead I had 2 shredded wheat with my skimmed milk allowance... how filling are they!!!! Yummy too!! Never had them before (they are Zoe's) but have a feeling on a cold winters morning I may well do with hot milk on!

Not felt hungry all morning and when I get home I'm going to have a CD soup plus some salad (although have to admit, salad today is not appealling as I'm still feeling the cold a lot!) lol Tonight will be fish... or maybe Quorn... hmm... fish I think as I like those little breeze blocks of Coley.. lol and cooked in oven in a foil parcel with veggies and a dash of soy sauce it will be delish! Probably go for the cous cous again as that was really tasty and not fussed about spuds... don't really want to get into jacket spuds again just yet - might be a bigger challenge so waiting til really on the go with this before that...

Anyway, sorry.. whittering on about food but hey.. this 1000cal lark is far more fun than I remember it being when I had to do it on WeightWatchers all those years ago! (not saying anything against WW, just reflecting....). Perhaps coz not had anything in such a long time.... so now feeling spoilt by choice as opposed to deprived and restricted!!

Hi Jenny

You are so amazing I have lost 7 stone but have really eaten lots along the way so never losts my passion for food (worst luck)

Struggling with cheating at the moment as I cant SS because of the medication I am on and I am not good with little portions of food or if I am really being brutally honest not really very good at healthy choices

I am a total and utter carb freak and and I am thinking of surfing the web for over eaters annomous or the like as I need to address emotional by ridiculous behavour around food. I have still got a long long journey and not only about pounds and stones ~ I need to drastically change my view of food or I will gain the weight very quickly.

Keeping around the same weight at the moment by SS then cheating then SS rubbish really. No self control ~ I need you to bottle yours ~ great way of you making some money hey Jenny

Anyway thats my rant, good practise for you to advise me for when you become a CDC !!!

Love Love

Shaza

Bless your heart Shaza

You have done incredibly - 7 stone is not to be sniffed at!!

I've struggled a bit tonight as did a huge amount of exercise and little water consumption - must make sure to drink gallons tomorrow up to weigh in!

I can't believe it is week 52... my 'anniversary' weigh in later today (Monday October 8th)

52 weeks ago I could never have envisaged how things would become.... and it's so odd!

I am still loving doing 1000 and will carry on for at least 1 more week on it... portion control is the key for me...

So... today (as it is 00.21am) I have my anniversary weigh in and am going to ask for spicy tom soup and choc miffim. Can't believe it's almost been year!! Will update after been to weigh in... am kinda nervous now.... lol

My anniversary results - very happy :D

Weigh in done... Gained 0.3lbs this week so very pleased indeed! That's damn close to maintaining ... lol

So, that's my year done now... and the result of the last 12 months efforts?

Started October 10th 2006 weighing in at 23 stone 4.8lbs

Measurements:
Bust 56
Waist 53
Hips 64
Thigh 31.5
Upper Arm 18

Start size 30+

52 weeks later.....

Weighed in at: 11 stone 0.3lbs

Measurements:
Bust 38.5
Waist 32.5
Hips 39.5
Thigh 22
Upper Arm 10

Current size 10/12

I'm happy with that :D

Thank you both :D

No news as yet - nurse hadn't heard and when I rang the PCT yesterday they refused to tell me the decision and said I have to wait for a letter. I tried to explain that the postal strike could mean a very long delay but there was no shifting them - I understand, it's about confidentiality etc... so... I need to be patient!! Not my strongest point but in this case there's no alternative....

Thanks Shaza :D

I've had me moments... lol but thankfully nothing too damaging :D

Am loving maintenance and bought a set of scales from Lloyds Pharmacy (Nutriscales) that are really accurate and give you breakdown of cals, carbs, sodium etc etc etc... they were only £15 and I bought them a few weeks ago in preparation... I love using them.. and portion control is a real eye-opener! I would have easily had 4 or even 5 times the size I now have and thought nothing of it!!
That's the rub isn't it!

don't really want to get into jacket spuds again just yet - might be a bigger challenge so waiting til really on the go with this before that...completly with you on this one. I still haven't had one. Partly fear & partly ( because of the knowledge of what has happened in the past when I've met a big spud & a pot of butter at the same time) they just don't hold v much attraction for me.
come to the conclusion that food has moved down my hit parade of pleasures. I think this is a good thing.

Anyway, sorry.. whittering on about food but hey.. this 1000cal lark is far more fun than I remember it being when I had to do it on WeightWatchers all those years ago! (not saying anything against WW, just reflecting....). Perhaps coz not had anything in such a long time.... so now feeling spoilt by choice as opposed to deprived and restricted!!
...& that's another bonus of the counter-intuitive nature of CD!.

PS Shaza,must compliment you on your new pic. The difference from your avatar pic is quite dramatic.

Thanks for that Jane

I dont see even a sodding bit of difference though

Totally lost the plot diet wise at the moment, my CDC the lovely Ann (Westhills) is away at the moment and I feel really bad as she spent lots of time with me and sorted me out before she went away ~ have I listened or took any of her very wise advise ~ have a buggery !!

Oh well I will still go and be weighed and try and get started again ~ you know what I am just not in the mood and even though I look at Jennie and think that could be me ~ i just cant get my head round the dieting thing at the moment. Still I have not murdered anyone tee hee so not that bad

Love to all and thanks for your lovely comments

Shaza

x x x xx x

Hi Jane - I so can't 'go there' with spuds... and even though I bought sweet potato I doubt I shall eat it... really do think there are a list of 'red flag' foods for me and to be honest, if I have gone without them for a year now then I can go a lifetime without them if that's what it takes... I know that might sound extreme, but I really don't want to open the red flag door even a mm if I can help it!

The portion control thing really hit home last night when I was cooking for myself and a guest... we were eating the same food but I calculated (based on the information on the bag) the cooked weight of my 40g allowance of dried pasta... I weighed out my 40g and his 75g (a serving as listed on bag) and as it said 75g cooked weighed 160g cooked I (well, must confess he did the maths) worked out that my 40g equated to 85g cooked weight - thus all pasta went in same pan (saving gas, water and washing up!) lol It's the first time I've ever had to do stuff like that and it felt good, lol. (sad sack eh!? lol - oooh now I have Raggy Dolls in my head!)...

Anyway... the portion control thing is a real shocker! Zoe has it spot on as later on she wanted pasta so I said (out of interest) let's weigh what SHE thought was a good portion size... and she was under the bag's recommendation... I think this is partly coz she's a chef and partly coz she isn't a pig! lol

I continue to be amazed at how full I am on 1000cals a day and my lush brekky of shredded wheat keeps me going for hours!

Adore having fruit again too... sorry... am droning on about food.. perhaps I need to start a thread just about my food on the steps through maintenance... hmm... we'll see.

As for Shaza's pic - couldn't agree more - incredible difference - taken YEARS off you!!! :D I know you can't see it (that's one of the oddities of perception that goes hand in hand with this weight loss malarky) but oh boy - you look incredibly different :D

I thank that avoiding homocidal tendencies is definitely something to be cheerful about ! :D :D :D :D

FatFairNForty(ish);386376if I have gone without them for a year now then I can go a lifetime without them if that's what it takes... I know that might sound extreme said:
Not extreme. & I agree entirely. Not eating sweet potatoes is hardly making your diet restrictive. i've made a similar decision regarding ice cream.. there's only al imted capacity for empty calories in my diet & I'd rather have the odd glass of south african pinotage than a bowl of raspberry ripple. Besides which if i want something ice cold there's usually a tetra in the freezer! Perks of being a CDC;)[/COLOR]

I continue to be amazed at how full I am on 1000cals a day and my lush brekky of shredded wheat keeps me going for hours!

Adore having fruit again too... sorry... am droning on about food.. perhaps I need to start a thread just about my food on the steps through maintenance... hmm... we'll see.Yes, i'm with you on that score too. I always keep a stash of apples in the fridge. just love em cold. The number of times I opened the door while SSing & thought 'surely just a small one won't hurt' before slamming it shut & downing some water.

As for Shaza's pic - couldn't agree more - incredible difference - taken YEARS off you!!! :D I know you can't see it (that's one of the oddities of perception that goes hand in hand with this weight loss malarky) but oh boy - you look incredibly different :D See Shaza! Much younger looking.

I thank that avoiding homocidal tendencies is definitely something to be cheerful about ! :D :D :D :D
A whole week without causing any violent death is second only to a whole week SSing in my book.

Week 53 weigh in today... or should I say... week, um... week 5 on maintenance steps

Lost another 3.4lbs (bit of a shocker!) and for the first time in my life am in the 10's! How weird is that!! 10 stone 10.9lbs to be precise.

So, haven't stayed on the 1000cals, now upped the ante to 1200cals and bought wholemeal pitta and crumpets (duly stashed in freezer!). Will wait and see if they ever make it out of there as I am still in the first flushes of adoration of wholemeal pasta and wholegrain couscous!

Have to say, I loved being on the 1000 and think I could've done with it more for portion control purposes but clearly I need a bit more now... I think the fact that I cycled 22 miles yesterday in an hour and half may have helped somewhat!!

Treated myself to the remainder of a 20g portion of cashew nuts tonight - well, actually, have had 20g of cashew nuts spread out over the last 10 days. (About 2 nuts a day). I bought the smallest bag I could find and split them into 20g portions and wrapped each portion in foil and put them away in the larder unit in a tupperware container. When I was very upset today I got one out.. one nut that is... lol... surprising how long you can make a cashew last!

Anyway, I have work to do so need to shut up and sod off. Weigh in done, not arranged for another one but probably will do if I feel nervous/as if I gained... my scales will have to be my guide from now on!

Beginning to feel a bit like a child whose stabilisers have just been removed and is wobbling off ...

Amazing!

Anytime you need to visit your daughter in Falmouth, let me know. Free rooms available chez Eclipse. Hubby works in Falmouth, only about 40 mins away! Luvs ya xx

Beginning to feel a bit like a child whose stabilisers have just been removed and is wobbling off ...
Excellent analogy. Just remember how to steer & keep hands by the brake cables

Very odd feeling today - no weigh in - on my own now! Argh! Weighed myself... weigh 10 stone 10lbs still so have stayed the same, although scales at the Drs say 66kg (whatever that is in stones I dunno!).

Am doing the 1200 cals step for the next week and then upping again to 1500 as the nurse is worried as I have lost a kg since she saw me last and wants me to stop losing. I'm not trying to any more, but I think the stress of the last few days has taken it's toll and I know my BP was up a touch today for the first time in months...

Still... had a yummy chicken and cous cous salad and spicy tom soup for my very late lunch and am looking forward to a toasted crumpet with backed beans and poached egg later and a very early night.!

It's so odd not driving over to see Ailsa today... might give her a call anyway...

Back