Week 58 / Maintenance 9 - FatFairNForty(ish)'s Weekly Weigh In

Thanks guys... weigh in is at 5... am nervous because I So need to get to goal... I have to get my BMI down as soon as poss and get onto 790!

Brum won't be a goal celebration but it might be an 'almost there' celebration instead.. lol

OMG!! I got on the scales and was stunned to see them register a loss of 7.2lbs this week!!!

I have just 2.7lbs to go to lose the longed for 12 stone and 1 more after that to reach my goal!!!

I was so pleased I burst into tears and we hugged. I worked hard this week at SSing and am going to do the same again in the hope that it will bring that magic goal to reality!

Jenny that is totally amazing.
Haven't caught up onyour diary yet..trying to do one a day or so, so have lost track of what plan you're doing. Still SSing?

totally fab, really really pleased for you.
Brilliant.Brilliant.etc

Still SSing but not 100% (have the odd prawn and piece of chicken - nothing else though) only for the next week and then I think it's AAM and THEN 790 for 2 weeks... and so on through the steps for maintenance...

So, maybe, just maybe, this is the very last week I shall ever do SSing!!

It's hard at the moment, I hate being told what to do and if it wasn't for the hospital I would be on maintenance already... but needs must etc etc.. and now I have an infected belly button (due to it being entirely enveloped in skin) and feel very run down.. but hey ho... until I get that golden appointment with the consultant then I can do nothing but as they instruct.

It sucks though.

Sorry about the tummy button. Is it settling?

Can relate to the resentment at doing something cos some other person/body has set an arbitrarily set a target, but you'd be on the same course still if left to yur own devices wouldn't you? I mean xs skin aside you'd still feel you need tp loose a bit more to give a safety margin pre-stabilisation wouldn't you?

Sorry about the tummy button. Is it settling?

Can relate to the resentment at doing something cos some other person/body has set an arbitrarily set a target, but you'd be on the same course still if left to yur own devices wouldn't you? I mean xs skin aside you'd still feel you need tp loose a bit more to give a safety margin pre-stabilisation wouldn't you?

Germoline spray and cotton wool appears to be working well... thank you.

Nope, I would have gone onto maintenance when I came home from hols as was a size 14 and THAT was my target.. not really a weight... now I have no choice but to set this safety net in place as per their ridiculous numbers... I certainly wouldn't have wanted to lose the additional stone + that they stipulated... still.. if it gets the job done and in a timely manner (I SO hope it isn't going to take years!)... then all well and good.

I am carrying at least 14-20lbs of excess skin... it really is very very bad... but hey ho... onward I shall forge til the deed is done! lol

Germoline spray and cotton wool appears to be working well... thank you.
good.
Nope, I would have gone onto maintenance when I came home from hols as was a size 14 and THAT was my target.. not really a weight... now I have no choice but to set this safety net in place as per their ridiculous numbers... I certainly wouldn't have wanted to lose the additional stone + that they stipulated... still.. if it gets the job done and in a timely manner (I SO hope it isn't going to take years!)... then all well and good.
Fair enough,can't argue with that!
I am carrying at least 14-20lbs of excess skin... it really is very very bad... but hey ho... onward I shall forge til the deed is done! lol
Hard to believe from your pics that there's anything like that amount of skin hanging around, but my belly looks like abattle field without clothes on & (I hope) reasonably normal with, & I've lost little over 1/2 of your total.
Without the skin what do you think your BMI is?

Not long now til maintenance. Hopefully once you get into it, all the annoyance of the extra weeks of forced SS will fade.

I too had tummy button problems, and still do from time to time. I find that Athletes Foot powder dusted into it works a treat and stops all that irritating itchiness. Hope you are having a wonderful time in Brum xxx

Hard to believe from your pics that there's anything like that amount of skin hanging around, but my belly looks like abattle field without clothes on & (I hope) reasonably normal with, & I've lost little over 1/2 of your total.
Clothing is a wonderful disguiser (sp) of many evils... I know people actually don't believe me about the skin problem and think I see it as much worse than it is, but (like my GP & the nurse and my kids) when they actually 'see' it they understand.

Without the skin what do you think your BMI is?

The nurse worked it out that it would be 25 if only 14lbs of skin and she thinks there's more than that...so who can tell...

Not long now til maintenance. Hopefully once you get into it, all the annoyance of the extra weeks of forced SS will fade.

I know, thanks,... AAM starting Tuesday this week... hurrah! Decided I'm not going to SS any more now.

I too had tummy button problems, and still do from time to time. I find that Athletes Foot powder dusted into it works a treat and stops all that irritating itchiness. Hope you are having a wonderful time in Brum xxx

Thanks Cheryl -- I asked at the pharmacy for powder as I knew when the girls were babies and their tummy buttons (when newborn) needed a special powder.. but anyway.. lol... daily washng with germoline spray seems to have sorted it out! (Will definitely have to keep an eye on it though!)...

Weigh in tomorrow (Monday) - so only a 6 day week as I had been going Tuesdays (Bank Hols did that)... so no idea what loss but hoping its good as have SS'd (apart from small amounts of Chicken).. all week, including Brum (where I had to have some chicken as I was very very dizzy a lot of the time)... and fully intending to do AAM for this coming week, then a fortnight of 790... etc etc etc... just like it says in the book!

Will update after tomorrows 4pm weigh in!! Fingers (and everything else) crossed!

good luck jennie will be rooting for you hun xxxxx

Lost 3.4lbs ... - so, made the executive decision to shave the odd 0.3lbs off target... which means.. exactly 11 calendar months from my first weigh in (October 10th 2006) and I have not only lost 12 stone but I am at GOAL!!!!

I am SO chuffed!

Wow.
Fab.
Just one Q. If you'e moving up the stages from now , you'll have lost some more weight by the time you get onto 1500+ & therefore be under goal. Is this what you've planned?

:D :D :D Thank you :D :D :D

Nope, I hadn't even thought about losing any more, if I do then fine, if I don't and can just maintain then fine too... lol I don't anticipate losing anything much during the steps toward 1500 but if I do then it is a good cushion for the hospital figure so will be ok, although I really don't want to lost loads more as will look scraggy and gaunt and that ISN'T in my plans at all! lol

AAM as of 20 mins from now - already got some courgettes in especially.. and have decided on 3oz of cod tomorrow night... YUMMY!! lol

The plan is... AAM - 1 week
790 - 2 weeks
1000 - as long as it takes for me to be ready for the 1200 (hopefully 2-3weeks)
1200 (see above but for 1500)
then 1500... etc

Am aiming for around Christmas to be maintaining and back to having reintroduced the food groups.

Another very very careful Christmas and New Year and then into a year of 'normal' diet = ie new healthy eating & exercis regime forever!

Although I may be under my goal... I probably will still be in that ridiculous 'overweight' bracket.. lol so, it'll be ok and as I say, will give me a good safety net for the hospital (who I still am waiting for a definitive decision from!)

Excellent Jennie.
Guess you're still in ketosis then.

Really pleased for you..keep it up!

OOooooh well done you!! trust you to lose that much even on maintanence.. Lol!!
Loads of love..
Cat x x

hee hee hee! Am amazed and happy and so glad that was the last AAM :D

Excellent Jennie.
Guess you're still in ketosis then.

Really pleased for you..keep it up!

Thanks Jane - no idea if still in ketosis or not, never have had,.. lol... just stuck to the plan and it still seems to work. Ii would hazard a guess that it may just be because I use so much energy now and AAM is still VLCD.... but hey.. lol... who cares!! It's ok! :D :D lol

790 is great - can't believe how much 10z of quorn is!! (Made 2 meals out of it!!) Yummy!!

Also really loving the 1/2 pint skimmed milk. Haven't had milk in almost a year... strange... lol

Back